Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 Incoming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jan 7, 2021.

1. tadhgoc

tadhgoc Well-Known Member

Cheers! It's Fans Toys Spotter.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Higgs79

Higgs79 Well-Known Member

Thanks. There’s a few of these mini Reflectors from various 3P figures and upgrade kits but this is the best one I’ve seen. The Dr Wu one is ok but I’m not convinced. That shapeways effort is great too but not at that price. I don’t like my chances of finding this one though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. suntoucha

suntoucha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Neither can I, their going to look great together.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    MPs would be SOC prices. $500-800.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    Got my ShowZ order in today, only took 10 days which is kind of a record for me :) 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  6. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmmm my ShowZ order shipped 11 days ago, but tracking number still not even picked up by the tracking system! Is that normal?

7. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes it is

• Like Like x 1
  8. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

To my knowledge SOC quality is top based on my 2 Voltrons and Ultrazord.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultrazord, really? Probably one of Bandai's wonkiest releases. Really poor joint design on the Megazord itself drags the rest of the experience down with it. And then they didn't even bother to redesign the gauntlet clips for the Ultrazord when they reused the Legacy Titanus toolings from Bandai of America, so the connections there utterly sucked.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Ah, but is there any paint chipping? That's real standard if good QC or not!

(However, it's a moot point, and getting too far off topic. But SoCs aren't that expensive anyway. And those of us who buy enough, know they are just as prone to the same issues and bad design choices. They also have their share of widespread breakage issues, etc. )

• Like Like x 4
  11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spring pins...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Created a support ticket at @ShowZStore the same day, but thus far no response from them unfortunately. Rechecked the tracking information and nothing has changed. I went by all the neighbors and no one accepted a package on my behalf either. How can I find out the local postal service that was used? Would like to contact them, but I don't even have a local tracking number, only the one from the ShowZ website for my order. :( 

13. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    :( :mad: :( :mad: 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    Try also messaging their Facebook page or send a PM directly. They usually respond to me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

Thundercracker arrived from ShowZ yesterday. Looks like another perfect copy! No blemishes, no cracks. I'm now 2 for 2 with good copies of the MP-52 mold.

With an intelligence rating of only 4, Thundercracker is still trying to figure out his new digs. I'll have to unbury my G1 toy that is currently under a platoon of Crimson Guardsmen. My very first Transformer from Christmas 1984 (got Thundercracker a week before in a gift exchange and then Hound on Christmas morning).
    thundercracker50.jpg

And Megatron's army grows ever larger.
    Con-army50.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

My most recent (as in received two weeks ago) package from Show.Z. was delivered by DHL. I think you can use the Show.Z. tracking on the DHL website. You can also go check the nearest DHL pick up point -- although there are two services by DHL, regular and express, so it might be another pick up point.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  17. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime youtube.com/billythekidsnobullshittoyreviews

News Credits:
    Congrats! I'm waiting over a month at this point

• Like Like x 1
  18. BairdimusPrime

BairdimusPrime youtube.com/billythekidsnobullshittoyreviews

News Credits:
    China Post tracking

once you put in your showZ tracking, ON THE RIGHT SIDE of the screen you will see a USPS tracking number that is for your package

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gamerlingual

News Credits:
    X2. Used this for Japan post tracking.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wouldn’t want an SOC Thundercracker. I’ve got SOCs and MPs and Bandai’s best SOCs have substantially simpler transformations compared to any Transformer…Bandai’s strength is with simpler transformations(like with 70’’s-80’s super robots including Voltron and combining mecha), anything complex approaching a transformation similar to an MP Transformer likely won’t have the solidity you’d expect nor the ratchets for joints that ought to use them. I think it’s a given that a ball joint shouldn’t be used for MP shoulders and hips but guess what Bandai uses on most of their transforming Chogokin jets. And while loose ankles on MP-52 have been caused by cracks…loose ankles on an SOC Thundercracker would’ve probably been a given if Bandai used diecast ball joints(which they probably would do). I wouldn’t doubt that a Bandai SOC Thundercracker would look better than Takara’s current Thundercracker but I highly doubt it would be as poseable(most of their transforming Chogokin jets lack double jointed elbows/knees, ab crunches and waist swivels) and the transformation might not be as intuitive. Bandai also loves using spring pins and unfortunately, if they’re fired into plastic, they tend to crack through pieces and break them apart over time. They also love to add extraneous steps for transformation and sometimes overengineer proven designs(used on toys of the same mecha from previous companies) and make them more complicated than they should be. An SOC Thundercracker from them might not be enjoyable/intuitive to transform whereas MP-52 is largely intuitive, just could benefit from more clearance during certain steps.

Bandai’s appeal for a SOC Thundercracker would be the deco/finish and maybe pricing(IF you can even land a preorder before release), but that’s about it. They’d probably use spring pins and use ball joints for shoulders/ankles/hips and you’d have a nice looking transforming blue F-15 rag doll that you feel lucky you got a preorder for instead of paying aftermarket pricing for but knowing in the back of your mind that ratchets should’ve been used but that Bandai maybe didn’t care so long as it looked photogenic.

• Like Like x 3