Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 Incoming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jan 7, 2021.

1. jkliao648

jkliao648 Well-Known Member

If you are fine spending 250 USD+tax and shipping on a defective figure, good on you. At least I am unhappy. Tab breaking on 20 USD figures from retail, fine, I'll ask for a exchange or worst, just get a new one. A 250 USD figure? Not a chance, they better arrive in perfect shape.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    I never said that. At all. I'd ask for a return for a figure missing a piece too.

But if we're only using 2 or 3 select examples to decide the entire run's quality control, then I can only assume they are all perfect and issue free, since mine is and 2 other people I know are.

• Like Like x 14
  3. Gaiaknight

Gaiaknight Well-Known Member

Opened him up and transformed him and after a very in depth look over of ther figure mine came out perfect no paint issues and everything that should be tight is no floppy knees or anckles my good luck streak with takara masterpieces continues! now bring on skywarp

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  4. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Who said that? I said they continue to ship out figures with garbage quality. It doesn't matter if it's two or two thousand.

5. jkliao648

jkliao648 Well-Known Member

Still, you are using 2 to 3 select examples from your knowledge to say that it's not trash q/c. If they are charging 250 USD for a figure, I expect no q/c issue AT ALL. If there are issues and people can actually have a thread on that (not this forum), then it's saying there are issues and is widespread. Doesn't matter if you get one or not, it exists.

6. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    You do understand that anything that’s mass produced is gonna have some defective products. How many cars are produced yearly? You don’t think among those there aren’t any lemons?

So far, this isn’t MP Hound levels of QC. This is not to say that those who have bad copies shouldn’t be upset, but don’t make this out to be something it’s not.

• Like Like x 12
  7. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    I get your frustration given the cost.
    Btw, did you get MP52? This one, you got too? If not then you have nothing to fear then.

8. shelbee350

shelbee350 Well-Known Member

they are currently at a convention in vegas

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Still too early to say how widespread the issues are on MP Thundercracker. However, given the reports here and elsewhere, I haven’t seen as many issues pop up yet compared to the amount of issues reported for MP-52 the 1st week it was released. Somewhat reassuring but again, still early.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It doesn't have to be that way. Someone at some point along the line saw the bad ones in here and sent them along anyway. In the Unicron production videos people were painting them by hand.

Yes

11. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Just got a notification on Auspost that Thundercracker just landed in Sydney, and is awaiting clearance.

Now going off the previous time I ordered MP-52 Starscream whose fast as hell delivery left me surprised (By the time I got the Shipment notification from RobotKingdom of Starscream, I checked the tracking number immediately to find that that he's already in my country, and 2 days later arrived at my doorstep) I assume that Thundercracker might arrive in 2 days time as well.
    But then again it might take a weeks delay due to lockdown shenanigans.

I do enjoy my copy of MP-52 very much, only got away with cracks at the base of the tailfins and somewhat loose ankles.
    leaving my only real gripe being the way the paint is applied,

I got a few paint chips on the diecast pelvis part, and part of the upper arm where the lower arm hinges has the blue paint sloppily applied as if Takara only just used one coat of paint and didn't give a shit about applying a second coat or even applying clear coat, so it's pretty easy as hell to scrape the paint off in that area, but it's no real biggie, I can just apply another coat of paint on that but I still enjoy MP-52

and I'm glad that MP-52+ has better plastic quality and tolerances so that's gotten me hyped for Skywarp

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I can only speak for my own experience. I’m yet to receive MP-TC 2.0, but I won’t pretend that I don’t have some reservations.

It’s getting harder, and more expensive, for me to sustain my MP collection here in NZ, although that was becoming the case even before the global disruptions we’ve all seen over the past year and a bit.

I’m increasingly limited to suppliers here in order to get certain figures, if I want to avoid the pitfalls of customs charges, and have the option of easier returns.

Unfortunately, retailers here are often considerably more expensive than off-shore options, and don’t always carry surplus stock for high value items, so it’s not guaranteed that I’ll be able to return things until I get a good copy.

I don’t have his RRP at hand, but MP-TC is going to cost me $500NZ, so yes, cracks, missing parts, and splotchy paint will sting me more than it might for others who have better access to retail options.

If I’m unable to get a replacement I then face the less-than-pleasant options of:

- Trying to get one in from overseas, juggling currency concerns and risking additional customs charges, while having no guarantee that I’ll avoid further QC issues, then having to deal with an even more cumbersome return process if the product has issues.

or

- opting to miss out entirely on fairly significant characters in my collection.

Once it starts getting to the latter option, I will have to seriously consider whether it’s something I want to continue with at all.

That’s kinda sucky to think about, considering I’ve invested the better part of a decade into getting my MP collection to where it is today, as well as a pretty significant sum of money. I love these things as much as the next person, and simply want to enjoy the pastime.

I feel somewhat embarrassed going on about this, given the fact that I’m in a very fortunate situation to be collecting these things at all, but I just felt the urge to share my two cents.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Or if you know someone in Japan who can help out. There’s options.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Indeed! :D 

Hopefully I’ll have my TC in the coming week or so and I’ll have the same wonderful experience as others. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Mine had duplicate shoulder intakes so one won’t fold properly. Sent photos immediately and just waiting to hear back from them on how Takara plans to treat parts issues. The way I read the response, exchanges are out of the question. Hate to pop pins on a $240 figure but it is what it is. Hopefully we both get answers soon on this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Keep me posted

• Like Like x 2
  17. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh my, the tracking said he'll come this Wednesday

YEE

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Or in a similar situation like me, we can buy these figures for the higher prices. But eventually, there will be a limit. The inflation vs our income increase (if any raise at all) actually puts us in a downward trend. I may stop after MP Cliffjumper and when Fans Toys completes their combiners. Little odds and ends like Kingdom Roddy and Shattered Glass Jetfire spice it up.

That said, Thundercracker is still awesome. I have ZERO regrets getting him. The presentation is just better than Starscream, for me of course.

19. Graeme

Graeme Well-Known Member

Received TC today. No issues to report. 20211003_154008.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  20. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    And I expect people to have a little understanding of how mass production works, clearly that's not happening. And sarcasm.

I hope your figure gets replaced.

• Like Like x 6