Masterpiece Starscream (ToysRus) Replacement Piece program thread. Please Read!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mewtwo, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

(Updated!) MP Starscream (ToysRus) Replacement Piece program thread. Please Read!

(Updated. For those of you who need a part please upload a picture of the part and I will include it in the main post. Thank you.)

I figure maybe we could get something going. So I'm going to try and give this a shot.

Having just received MP Starscream for Christmas and finding out mine has two of the same hip/pelvic piece and needing a way to get a replacement piece I figure maybe starting a thread and figuring something out would be a good idea.

I'm wondering if those of us here who need replacement parts could figure out a way to go in on a figure together (on ebay or something) and then spare out the parts. We would need to combine our money together to get one figure and then could spare out the parts. If we get enough people needing enough parts not only could we help each other out but it should reduce the cost of the price for each person.

If you are interested post here what part(s) you would need. If we get enough people interested and willing to pay $10-$20 then we could probably buy a figure and get our parts. I'll edit the post as people report in.

I'll start.

I'd be willing to pay around $20 (shipped) and I only need one part.

User Name ----- Part Needed/Wanted ----- Price willing to pay (USD)

Mewtwo ------ Right Hip/Pelvic piece ----- $20
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Lango7 ------ Right Hand/Wrist ass ----- $20
    Noobimus Prime - Landing Gear cover. ----- $10

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

One problem. Which stores have a Hasbro MP Starscream for sale?

3. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    It would be Toys R Us. If they have any left on their shelves (which is highly unlikely at this point).

4. Mewtwo

I'm talking about purchasing it on ebay... marked up prices and all. Or finding one for sale here maybe.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Basically, there are three options:

1) Everyone with a flawed MP Starscream just posts there issue. You have two right hips? Someone else might have two left hips. Each side only pays for shipping the extra parts, and eventually ends up with the correct parts.

2) One person buys an extra MP Starscream, inspects him for any flaws, then takes him apart and sells the parts. Even if everyone just paid two or three bucks for a replacement part, the person who bought the to-be-taken-apart figure would eventually make their money back.

3) A group of people donate money to make a group purchase of an extra MP Starscream, everyone gets to choose the parts they need, and then the extra parts get sold off and the profits are shared equally.

6. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

1's the logical start.

7. Mewtwo

Yeah these are basically the choices and options.

1) This would be great but I don't think there would be enough for everyone. For instance in my case I highly doubt someone has two right hips. It just doesn't seem common enough. But it would still be an option for those that have the more common issues.

2) Would be an ok choice but the person paying the full price would need to make sure the people were serious about it before and don't back out leaving the person with a junker Starscream that they didn't get fully paid off.

3) This was more of the option I was thinking. If we get enough people here interested they could send payment to someone (someone here on the boards who is a well known member) and that person could then buy a MP starscream and help part it out to those who paid. If there are remaining parts and or the frame they could be sold off and the person who had to go through all the hassle of purchasing the figure could keep that for themselves. (Just a suggestion.)

I don't know... I just wish those of us with incomplete figures now could solve it...

8. Nevermore

News Credits:
    How about you compile a list of people with outstanding problems first, then cross off all the ones that got resolved via a simple 1:1 trade, and then decide what to do with the rest?

9. Mewtwo

If people would like to straight up trade that is ok. If it helps them so they don't have to spend more then shipping etc. They can do that through here if they find someone needing the opposite piece of theirs. But at the same time I'd like to have a list here showing what people need and who's willing to go in for a replacement figure.

Not like it seems like much people are going to care to post here I guess... But I don't know.

If people will post what they need/want I'm intending to post it in the main/first post. So if people see someone else has the hand they need then they can arrange to swap those parts if they want to.

10. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Give it some time, a lot of people might be too busy celebrating this Christmas thing right now. :) 

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never compared a MP-3 Walmart release to MP-11 Starscream. Are certain parts compatible?

12. Mewtwo

No idea. This is the first time I've gotten this mold. I really like it... just really depressed it's missing a whole front piece. I wish it had been something in the back or something... so I could still display him in robot mode...

I don't know why I'm taking this so hard... in the end it's just a plastic figure... but I don't know man... this sucks so bad. :( 

13. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Best story I've read was by a guy who bought a Starsceram with two of the same hand, went back to the store, purchased a second one, didn't return the first one, and found out the second one had two of the opposite hand. Now that's what I call a lucky coincidence!

14. lango7

lango7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Count me in
    Lango7 I need a right hand and wrist assembly. I could throw in 20 bucks.

15. Nevermore

News Credits:
    First one to add to the first post!

16. Mewtwo

Wow that is lucky.

Ok added you to the first post. :)  Thank you.

17. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Suggestion: Photos of the "double" parts.

18. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Certain parts, yes. The hands are swappable. However, as you know, they're different colors. Walmart is a dark blue, the MP-11 is a lighter blue. You'd need to swap both hands out unless you want a mismatched pair :D  The front pelvic pieces are not the same though. But, if you can find two of them from a Walmart SS, you can put them onto the MP-11. Those pelvic pieces are held in with just one philips screw.

I only know this because I've dismantled MP seekers enough to almost be able to put it back together if you just threw the parts on the floor.

19. Mewtwo

That could be an idea but might be time consuming to ask everyone to take and upload pics of their double pieces.

So originally the MP11 mold is supposed to have screws holding in those hip pieces/flaps? Mine don't have screws. They just sit on the tab... they pop of if you... well pop them off. They are only on there by being pegged in. There is no screws on mine at all.

20. Shockswipe

Shockswipe Active Member

My Starscream has 2 right hands, if Lango7 has 2 left hands, we could switch parts.