Masterpiece Soundwave w/Laserbeak 3rd Run vs Asia Exclusive

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pitt, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I've had the Asia exclusive MP Soundwave package on preorder for a couple of months, and I noticed that BBTS is taking preorders for MP-13 w/Laserbeak 3rd production run. Both are the same price, but the Asia Exclusive comes with 5 cassettes, while the 3rd run MP-13 only has Laserbeak. My question is, other than the eye color on Soundwave, the number of cassettes, and the packaging, are there any differences? I know one's Hasbro and one's Takara, but any actual differences on the figures themselves? The AE version seems to be the much better deal if yellow eyes don't bother you, but am I missing something?

I'm sure this has been discussed already, but I did a search and couldn't find the thread. The sheer volume of Soundwave threads on this board means it's possible I've missed something, though. Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else.

2. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  3. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Couldn't find it there, but did find a thread that discusses this. For anyone interested, apparently the eyes and some minor silver detailing are the only differences.

Thanks AzT.

4. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Afaik eye colour, packaging, cassette count and the takara one has a bit of extra paint on the feet. Could be completely wrong though.

5. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  6. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Yes, that's where I had found it. I had to change my search criteria, which is why I didn't get that one the first time around. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1