Masterpiece Soundwave TRU STOCK UPDATE from an employee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Squawktalk, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

I don't know, because MP-10 was listed for months like soundwave is now without ever getting a restock and one day it disappeared forever from the site. Hoping for the best though.

2. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Easy with the capslock key. A wall of text will solve nothing.

3. kavemon3

kavemon3 Well-Known Member

At least there will be a second run of the Takara SW and it will be much easier to get.

4. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

You do know TRU doesn't control the Platinum line, right? It's a Hasbro thing across a variety of retailers and conventions.

5. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

I found this on TRU.com a response from an online complaint Q/A. Looks like if you really want to make some noise you write a letter to executives at TRU headquarters. Email or phone you'll just be complaining to a peon.

From TRU online customer service:
    "I would recommend to write your concerns to our executive offices as they're handling this type of area. You can reach our executive offices regarding your request at: 1 Geoffrey Way, Wayne, NJ 07470-2030. Please address your correspondence to the appropriate division: Toys "R" Us, Babies "R" Us, Geoffrey, Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com."

6. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes i knoW but it you look closely i sent it directly to hasbro noT to toyrus

7. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 Fully vaccinated and ready to party!

And punctuation and proper sentence structure go a long way to make the author seem like an adult rather than a pouty 4th grader.

8. pegasusprime

News Credits:
  9. shootydooks

shootydooks Active Member

I noticed that customer care answered with "sign up for the email me when available answer". I swear I use that every time, yet I never get sent an email.

10. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

Did... did you really send them that?

11. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    the same here, they never email me when they restocked something ,
    the last part of the e-mail not , the other one yes ,

12. Iconicon

Iconicon Well-Known Member

The in store option was removed several times from his listing since he launched. Only to be put back up once stores got them in.

Also all you have to do is call your store and ask them to check either pending DC order or open DC order. To give an example, just checked and for the Georgia DC they have an open order of 500 more cases.

So he is not done. Just call you store and ask them to check the above.

13. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Ditto. The grammar and all caps in that email is horrendous.

14. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    Do we have to go through this insanity every year? The paranoia, the anger, the pointless tears.

Every year, a new MP gets released to TRU and every year, initial shipments are slow to come in. If everyone can just calm down and think, they will realize that we are still in the early stages of this release. I'm sure Hasbro made more than 6 figures per store. I'm sure the figure will be flooding the stores before too long.

People just need to be patient.

15. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    500 cases? Or 500 units? To put it into perspective, the GA DC originally had 1800 units on order. 500 more will not last long.

16. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    if 85% percent of those that want him already have him, 500 units is an overshoot. if thats whats going to the GA DC alone, it would actually over-saturate the market slightly.

17. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

I hope not. Applaud the effort though. I'm sure they got a big laugh out of it.

18. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I worked at TRU over Christmas. It was fun, but most importantly I made some friends with management, and learned the computer system well.

I already picked up Soundwave, but last week I went int o put an Acid Storm on Layaway, and stalked to the Store manager about soundwave..

We both remembered last years MP10 Optimus Prime fiasco. I was working when that came in, The store manager said he remembered getting hundreds of calls about that one, yet his store only had 3 shipments of them, and we both remembered well, We got 1 case on the 1st truck, 1 case on the second truck after that, then a month went by and we got 5 cases 3 weeks before Christmas.
    From the time Prime was seen by me coming off the truck, to the time we got 5 cases the item had a quantity in distribution. As soon as the last prime sold and the manager would check the DC there was always "not available" for a number on Prime.
    My old store manager, said he has never seen an "off season" toy have THIS much demand than this soundwave. He said his time this past month has been mostly talking to upset customers about TRU "not having MP Soundwave"
    So when I asked him, Why cant you do a store transfer? I told him to try to find a store that got 50 cases and have them transferred to our store.
    He said he already tried that, he used some manager options or something, to try to get a national count for MP Soundwave in all the stores. Every time he calls a store with a quantity its already gone.
    He has been with TRU for 20 some years. We got to be pretty good friends..I asked him if he thinks more will come closer to Christmas, like last year, he said "I think that's probably it for those...If DC or Corp holds something back for Christmas, they wouldn't do it in august..."

My old store got just about the same amount of MP soundwaves in this year as they did last year primes. The 1st truck had 1 case, I was there at the store for it. Next truck they got one case, then a few trucks later they got 10 cases of soundwaves. They were all gone the next day, and he hasn't got another shipment. That was already almost a month ago.

Seeing what I seen with my own eyes last year with Prime, and talking to my SM about Soundwave..Im thinking there will be a few pop up here and there for a bit..but for the most part, its done, and I don't think the ability to buy it online at tru will come back.

19. pegasusprime

News Credits:
    yes i know i have to correct it, but sincerelly speacking grammar isnt one of my speceailities , i should use the word tools

20. darkknight478

darkknight478 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info from your experience but places vary and it's more of a opinion than fact, making it a rumor. I'm not bashing you but look what the person has stated that started this thread. You never can take the words from any employee unless its from the giraffe himself.