Masterpiece Soundwave TRU STOCK UPDATE from an employee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Squawktalk, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Squawktalk

Squawktalk Light cyclist

News Credits:
    Hello all. It's been a while since I've been on. Life caught up to me once again and kept its grip tight. But, that's another story.

I currently work for a company that runs Toys R Us phone customer service. If you call 1-800-Toysrus and they send you to their supervisor, that's me or one of my colleagues.

Anyway. In regards to Masterpiece soundwave, I've received countless emails and phone calls from upset people trying to order this. As of last night, our system shows -9 in stock. That means that the computer let 9 people order it when we were OOS.

I have good news though. I've been told by my superiors that the 17th is the day that we will have more. I wasn't able to confirm that it will hit stores that day, but the warehouse should have it in stock, and you should be able to order it that day, at least online. If you really want it, I'd be at the computer as soon as eastern time is rolling into midnight. The last time we got some, the computer said people wouldn't be able to order it till 10am central time, but something happened and it started letting orders through at 5am central time. Technology is awesome until it glitches.

This being said, I'm just trying to provide helpful information so that people don't waste their time sending in emails and getting on the phone with us. I don't want this coming back to me if somebody gets angry over it, or the date gets moved. I'm just trying to help out, and share what I've been told

2. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very cool. Thanks man.

3. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope so, because putting these on the website for 2 minutes and off again is really annoying.

4. kavemon3

kavemon3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up

5. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks!!

6. Tormentor

Tormentor Scumdog

Sweet, I was fortunate enough to snag the pre-order when it was briefly up.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

So, is the 17th the official release date or just the date the warehouse is shipping them to the stores? Because my status in my account say "On hold until release date". Local store employee told me mid September and he also confirmed a shipment coming in next week, but it was a numeration of 4, with the larger shipment being mid September, now I see 17th.

Will you guys please just give us the damned carrot already! :D 

7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info.

And guys, this isn't a solid date or anything that should be counted on so please don't get upset if this info doesn't pan out.

8. tarheels

News Credits:
    The way I read it, this is for there online store, they will be getting more in to sell on the TRU.com on the 17th.

9. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So I didn't actually order Soundwave the other day when he went up briefly? Cause I managed to submit/process my order.

10. Tormentor

Tormentor Scumdog

.com? I thought he was talking about the .ca site? Didn't MP Soundwave get released on July 18 with some able to get theirs on the 21st or 23rd?

This is getting oh so confusing now.

11. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I think TRU's official stance is Soundwave wasn't released online then, that was just the SDCC Early Bird limited launch.

Then they said the REAL launch would be late August. And still won't be enough stock. Okay, they didn't say that last part, but you know it'll be true.

12. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very thoughtful of you for doing this. Any news on Acid Storms by chance?

Thx :) 

13. tarheels

News Credits:
    Well he talks about last time, which I think he is talking about was back on the 18th when they were suppose to be release at 9:00am est or 10:00am Central, but for some reason they got released early than 9:00am. Since these haven't been release on .ca yet I very doubt it that he is talking about that.

14. Tormentor

Tormentor Scumdog

There was a pre-order this Monday for them on the .ca side (it went fast), and a few Canadian stores have gotten them in apparently but weren't supposed to sell them yet but have.

I dunno, I thought they were released in the US already, and with the news on the news page saying they've been spotted in Canadian retail, you can see where I made my assumption and confusion from.

Seems we are all in the same boat regardless of location I guess.

15. shake zula

shake zula The Mic Ruler

I ordered one on Monday night ( TRU.com). I then got the delay in shipping email. I guess I'm one of the -9 orders. I hope your right about the 17th, but I was hoping for sooner. Thanks for the info.

16. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Gentlemen, what I recommend is getting alert box to get this.

17. gakken85

gakken85 Banned

Do you have an idea how much stock is going to be back out in stores? or are they just throwing some online again?

Thanks.

18. Squawktalk

Squawktalk Light cyclist

News Credits:
    The 17th is when the warehouse for .com will be getting more, and updating the site to add to cart, instead of whatever it says now. I'm sorry for those that were able to order it before we actually had any...

19. Sparkimus Prime

Sparkimus Prime Active Member

I was able to order Acid Storm just now from Toysrus.com, I heard Soundwave was in stock but it's not anymore. If you want acid Storm now's your chance.

20. nonoboy311

nonoboy311 Well-Known Member

seem like info is all construed. i just got sw and acid storm today.