Masterpiece Skywarp Ver.2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Arie, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That would be awesome man. I'm sure hella people would buy them off you too, basically recycling and saving the environment.. who needs robo points when you get karma points.
    Skywarp would look fire with TakaraTomy MP Sunstorms cape and pouldrons.

Same and same haha!

Too many flashbacks watching Antiques Roadshow as a kid, seeing them tell someones grandchild they rocked up with some fake shit thats worth 20pence... however if it was real it would be 20,000,000,000,0000!!!!!

Can't cheat the wizards who invented and produce the once few hobbies I have from my childhood.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alright guys, I feel like we’re in a ZOOM call two hours before the meeting really starts......

Even if we all know for 99% sure that MP 52+S will just have the same accessories as Thundercracker, it’s still fun to imagine the accessories they should’ve included:

Megatron gun
    Teletran Skyspy
    Bouncer bombs attached to his wrist.
    a ripped Decepticons insignia Mirage tore off
    (Maybe that should be with future Mirage instead)
    Energon cubes(oil to Energon in mid conversion, part black part bright pink)
    Energon cubes (tilted half empty to simulated half drank from “Mircobots” episode)
    293431F7-74AD-40EA-847C-A359EDA1FF2D.jpeg F99BD75E-B482-435E-8704-CCA1352CD36B.jpeg

I feel like I’m just redoing an older list we made on the Starscream thread months ago. I’m out of ideas.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  3. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

There's exclusive stuff, and then there's goofy crap like this. Like, just release something that people can buy already. What a lame move, TTomy.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Maybe theyll trade for a spider drawing.

5. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    Except for Siege Nemesis Prime and the last 2 seacons for some reason taking an extra 2 or 3 weeks.

6. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    x3 seekers for an accessory for one of them is not “free”. it’s buying two other figures to earn yourself the opportunity to receive an item for one.

the comment was in relation to how nonsensical it is. It had nothing to do with “grifting”
    Hopefully they allow it to be purchased separately for those who do not wish to buy every single seeker.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    I was responding to a previous post on the grifting. Why not respond to that? jackisking is 100% CORRECT!

Aaaaaaaand, you don't have to participate in a purely JP localized sales promo by TakaraTomyMall. (Outside or non JP based CC holders can't order from the store). If other Asian based online outlets sell it then it's up to the buyer to squirm/bellyache then later order the set.

Also, if this is just the MP-11 coronation set, then I'm also all set as I already own one.:cool: 

3 proof of purchase points plus shipping. It's a virtual giveaway! What's so hard to pick up on that sales promo? Also, it ensures that TakaraTomy has an exact gauge on how many Coronation sets they actually nned to manufacture. Committed orders to ensure near zero excess inventory. Not evey poster in the web who number just 28 but make it appear to be a viable crowd will actually buy this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I've been an proponent of MP accessories packs for a while now, ever since the frankly ridiculous raft of accessories MP-44 came with which was use by many to excuse his frankly ridiculous MSRP. I'd rather have be able to get the basic figure with just the 'essential' accessories for a lower price and if I want the extras buy them separately.

So in theory I'm all for this, I'm glad MP-52 doesn't come with the coronation gear as I'm fairly sure it would inflate the price to a point that I wouldn't have pre-ordered it. I think it's a great idea to offer it separately for those that want it. what I'm not a huge fan of is the suggestion that you need by two repaints to on top of the figure the accessory pack is meant for in order to qualify to get it. Just make it available for sale to anyone regardless of who other things they have or haven't purchased.

I have very little interest in his coronation gear, it's one of those nice to have but not essential accessories for me. I have even less interest in buying either repaint... but if this set were offered at a reasonable price without jumping though the hoops of buying the same figure three times I could see myself picking it up.

Edit: Wait... So are we sure it's the same coronation gear that came with MP-11? Just with an adaptor to fit MP-52? If so I'm a) even less interested and b) can't see what all the fuss is about, you can get that set pretty easily by other means, it's just the adaptor(s) you'd need. If that's the case TT offering it for free to all member of the seeker club seems fair enough.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    see with Skywarp I’m not bummed out he won’t come with other accessories (well I think every MP Decepticon should come with at least one energon cube, but that’s another story...)
    I am annoyed that they didn’t make a Reflector for Thundercracker. Definitely don’t need a second Megatron gun for Skywarp, but some “teleportation” effects parts for his jet mode would be cool.

All I’m expecting is the exact same accessories as Thundercracker, down to the same faces.

• Like Like x 10
  10. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    That's because TakaraTomy is in the business of making things people want to buy more than other things. Hasbro often does the opposite.

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    takara should do what hot toys do if they have a load of crap to go with the figure , a standard version and a deluxe version with all the crap

• Like Like x 2
  12. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Amen to that, I'll go a step further, I actually wish you could buy a lite version of the MP's without all those accessories artificially inflating the price. I don't mind a face sculpt or two but MP-44 for instance was just overkill. It's a bit of waste to me particularly when you consider they'll be boxed up and put in cupboard/drawer and only to be used .1% of the time. Apart from facesculpts which should be included an option should be available so the accessories can be bought separately!

Is Skywarp supposed to be revealed today?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    abso-filpping-lutely

14. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Well, I don't know about you, but I (and fellow Japanese fans) wanted and went to great trouble to buy things like G2 Megatron, G2 Sandstorm, Greasepit, The Quintesson Judgement set... and that's just to name a few. Now we as fans don't know if Hasbro didn't allow Takara to sell those figures, or if Takara chose to opt out, but I find it annoying that the Transformer business is definitely lopsided these days...

So the evidence is very strong at least that Hasbro will be more than likely to make sure US fans get every option and accessory Takara offers.

15. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Those magnificent bastards...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Easier said than done. Putting a two tiered system would not benefit TT at all. It will be leaving them with with too much inventory. Human nature is to buy the cheaper version. Less market base means the manufacturing cost will skyrocket. Hence the need for "registering" their proof of purchase within the TTMall to ensure the sale of said products (Play safe like a survey of sorts). It's all about survival! Shrinking toy markets, Asia being their primary target source of income, shrinking birthrates, C19 etc.

Take a look at this, TLDR. 0001.jpg 0001.jpg 0002.jpg 0003.jpg 0004.jpg 0005.jpg 0006.jpg 0007.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I’m legit laughing at all this BS whining & complaining over accessories 90% of you already have . We always complained about TT giving us accessories from that 1 scene that lasted all but a few moments, an now here we are pissing & moaning about NOT getting those same accessories from that one scene that lasted for legit fragments from a movie lol. This fandom sometimes can be down right embarrassing to be a part of. I still love you though .

• Like Like x 6
  18. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

It sure would be nice included some kind of special accessories with Skywarp. Was a bit sad at the limited items for Thundercracker. At least a few different face sculpts unique to each Seeker would be something. Outside of that, there isn't a huge amount of "that thing from that one episode" that I can remember applying to Skywarp. But it's been a long time since I watched G1 all the way through.

Starscream certainly deserved a proper Dr. Arkeville.

Offering the Coronation Gear as a free bonus to customers sounds like a great deal. It's mostly re-worked MP-11 stuff so I'm pretty sure I'd be able to find an adapter custom printed here on the forum. But really I think my MP-52 will stay clean and let MP-11 wear the gear. Sure hope Pulse manages to score the Coronation Gear for those outside Japan that want this.

• Like Like x 4
  19. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, i'm not bummed, nor surprised, either, but I still wish that Takara could have done a lot more with these guys. That being said...

This. This, this, this.

These should become more commonplace with Masterpiece figures as a whole in the future. Along with keeping up with the current releases, I can see them going back and retracing steps with older releases. For example...

MP-17+ Prowl.

- New head with more cartoon-accurate face, multiple faces included of course (Matte instead of metallic, lighter grey for the face and light blue for the eyes).

upload_2021-2-14_12-3-39.png
    (Pardon the slight roughness of this mockup.)

- Blast effects, most likely repackaging the ones from Bluestreak/Smokescreen.

upload_2021-2-14_12-3-25.png

- Those replacement shoulder cannons from Amazon exclusive versions of the originals/repacked with MP-17+, now with matte coloring on the tip instead of the original chrome.

upload_2021-2-14_12-5-28.png

- An extra rifle, just the same as the original.

upload_2021-2-14_12-9-10.png

And all that for probably... $25-30? I honestly would go for it!

Now, to put that into context with Skywarp, and by extension Thundercracker, maybe they could do a more expensive set that comes with stuff for the both of them?

What i'd imagine would be on the lines of what I originally lined up here...

Though I think they could do without most of the Energon cubes (except for the ones that would glow in the dark/light up through electronics, perhaps?), the spare parts from B.O.T and the cluster missiles (due to their placement).

And all that with a price of around $35-45? I'd say it'd probably work out nicely.

Absolutely. And I too of course hope it makes it overseas as some sort of separate release. Though I think it's way too early for some to call it as they see just due to the lack of information we have so far on it. We don't know for sure yet if this will be released separately or if it won't, so I guess we'll see what happens when Skywarp is revealed. I have a feeling it'll get a separate release and will probably be circulated out to Hasbro Asia, Pulse, and of course the various stores.

• Like Like x 2
  20. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They really have some of you guys good.
    look at how cute this.

“practically free”
    For whom? TT? No shit

to make things abundantly clear I don’t give to shits about why TT is doing it or what the business strategy is. This type of stuff has been a long standing strategy for numerous companies as a way to give the perception of “reward” for loyalty and build faith with their consumers. I am commenting on the silliness of having to buy two other figures to get a item specific to one.

• Like Like x 1