Masterpiece Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shatterpoint, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryTheNeutral

GaryTheNeutral Beast Wars Connoisseur

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That's why G1 Cartoon Shockwave wasn't even that great. The Marvel and IDW comics for G1 were a much better representation for the character.

2. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with this guy is that he's too back heavy. Mine's always wanting to tip over

3. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Thanks, man, it's just from angling the feet out a bit. I always think it looks derpy when these guys are posed with feet straight forward and parallel. I like them almost perpendicular.

• Like Like x 1
  4. angelic

angelic Well-Known Member

so the only place I can find the clear purple hands (thats not tfsource or wherever with their silly import charges) is one place doing them from china on ebay....will they be legit?

5. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    What sellers are selling them

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Legit sellers offering KFC clear hands for Shockwave:
    NEW KFC KP-16C clear version Keiths Fantasy POSABLE HANDS FOR MP-29 SHOCKWAVE | eBay
    KFC KP-16C clear version Keiths Fantasy POSABLE HANDS FOR MP-29 SHOCKWAVE | eBay
    KFC KP-16C POSABLE Clear HANDS FOR MP-29 SHOCKWAVE,IN STOCK | eBay (johosontony aka Uncle Billy)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wish he included a barrel or have a one hand deal as most people are gonna use one hand

8. Prowl 76

Prowl 76 Well-Known Member

I still love MP-29, but would love to see him get a version where he's actually painted and his faction symbols are tampoed on. That would take him to a whole different level of awesome and give him a more premium feel.

I'm getting skeptical that we'll ever see it, but MP-38 gives me hope they still might do some toy-inspired repaints.

9. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    It'll be interesting to see if we get an MP-20+ which is covered in paint, similar to how 14+ and 12+ have a lot more than their original releases.

If we do, then I can definitely see that as setting a new precedent, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get something like that for Shockwave.

I don't see it until a few years down the line, but they've got to re-use his mould for something, right? Why not start with a Shockwave minus - toy color version?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if it was ever posted in this thread, in any case I definitely missed it:

Shockwave is well capable of doing a very decent salute pose. I remember when he came out most people weren't able to get the hand that close to the head.

Shockwave's right elbow has three different positions. The actual elbow itself can shift, bringing the elbow joint closer to the front or back of the forearm.

If you set the position so that it's closest to the front of the forearm then you can get a deeper elbow bend, which can bring his hand a lot closer to his head.

Not sure if anyone knew this, I only just discovered it a few weeks back. I kept noticing that his right arm seemed to keep changing ever-so slightly in length, and that little elbow joint looked different sometimes. Now I know that I was accidentally shifting it without realising!

If this doesn't make sense I can post photos.

• Like Like x 8
  11. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love everything about MP29 but the one area that prevent me from transform him is the head area. Going from gun mode to robot mode (in an exception to my 1st transformation) most of the time, the head will pop off if I want to lock the head area as well giving him that extra more millimeter neck height. Popping his head back to ball joint isn't an issue, but then, I end up repeating that cycle again when I pull his head up. I fear in the long run, I'm going to break that ball joint neck if I kept on messing with his transformation. Good grief TTomy, if you are going to make us pull his head in order to lock it, you could've at least make it as a hing joint. As for his arm spring, seeing a few people has their paint come off, my MP29 Shockwave is currently display without one. Unless I find a loose MP29 spring from Ebay or 3P makes some spring, he won't be shooting any Autobot, lol.

12. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Pics or didn't happen.

13. Devastator21

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Has anyone locked mp-29s head into place

14. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Quick snaps before I head to work:

Netural position:

image.jpeg
    image (1).jpeg

Clicked towards the rear:

image (2).jpeg
    image (3).jpeg

Clicked forward (to allow for deep elbow bend):

image (5).jpeg

image (4).jpeg

image (6).jpeg image (7).jpeg image (8).jpeg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 17
  15. Balzari

Balzari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I'm sure a few people must've figured it out by now, but I never explicitly saw someone post the solution. Took me a while to understand what was going on myself!

17. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Awesome discovery, Sam! You should post this in the Cool Hidden Features thread if you haven't already. Wonder why this wasn't in the instructions?

I know what you mean, but fear not! His head kept popping off every time I'd pull it up to lock it, too, until I realized that if you angle his chin all the way up while doing this, the ball joint connection has a catch on the back of the head to prevent this.

A few things I see commonly missed on this guy are his neck plate being fully extended and locked (which you've already covered), his waist being fully extended (both of these make him nearly as tall as Soundwave), and that the tab on the bottom of his ab piece goes into the hip piece to hold the forward ab crunch in place.

No wear on the hose spring on my guy, but then I've also seemed to dodge the paint-wear bullet on Ratchet and Grapple, too. My vans and Hot Rod did suffer the dreaded chromewear, though (before I coated them with Future).

• Like Like x 3
  18. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:

Well damn, I didn't know about that little tab helping to hold his ab crunch. Fantastic!

This guy's still one of my favourite figures of all time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the tip, I will remember this the next time I mess will my mp29.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    How are the friction joints for the outward movement of the hips?! Are they good enough?! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.