Masterpiece Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shatterpoint, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The vertical line at the top of the backpack, above the edge that protrudes through the hole. It's there in both images, and on mine. What I'm saying is, I'm not certain it is a crack at all.

2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I can barely see a hint of it in your picture but I do see it in the other one. That's just the way the piece is molded. Even if not, lol (not at you) @ that being an issue.

3. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    Well to be fair, it it weren't an intentional design element and was breaking due to almost no stress on that many people's figures... it would be a QC issue, even if one overlookable by many. But I really do think that's just how it's molded. Unless the crack being discussed refers to something else I'm not seeing.

4. Slave IV

Will check it out when I get mine. It's been in my city for a couple days now so should be soon.

5. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's just a mold mark. Mine has it too. I'd have never noticed it if it wasn't brought up here. Even then I had to look hard despite knowing what to look for, but it is there.

6. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    ^ That's my thinking, too.

7. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't think that vertical line is a crack. I had to shine a light at my figure to see that fainted short straight line.

This is my 3rd transformation on MP29 and I haven't enjoyed that much since MP22. Extremely easy, no fidget/massage involve anywhere.

What I noticed on my 3rd transformation, while gently pushing his head (not much force) at an angle in order to lock his head bottom slab from the torso, I ended up pushing his head out from the ball joint. I could see this might be a problem in the long run when the socket of the ball joint wears out due to numerous transformation. So locking the head could be an issue later on. So in that sense, the neck hinge joint like MP10/22 might be better for MP29.

8. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I can see a tiny almost invisible line on my one, a total non-issue IMO.

9. fake

fake Return to Innocence

when do you guys think the retailers will start discounting this figure like they did with Tracks and Road Rage. If it goes below 100, I will probably get it.

10. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Prolly never, my dude.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ahh, funds. how I lack thee. Wish I could double dip on this guy. IMO MP-29 has an amazing transformation on the legs. Glad he's finally being released, as those Decepticon MP forces sorely require more personnel! :lol 

12. dante78

dante78 Well-Known Member

Got mine the other day and now my contribution:) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I DO have a crack on my backpack, but in the translucent piece. The other one everyone's been talking about is a mold seam.

Here's the pic.

Attached Files:

14. Slave IV

Reposting here with relevant info:

I just got mine. First impression in hand...I love it!
    When I first saw it in a store, I thought the color was horrible but for some reason, having my own in front of me it's fine...dare I say even close to perfect? I definitely wouldn't mind a darker shade but I don't want g1 toy dark. Transformation is the most fun of any MP style TF I have and it's up there as one of the best sculpts along with Soundwave and Megatron (MX-I). Hip joints are a bit loose for posing on a hard/smooth surface but perfect for my shelf. That "crack"/stress mark brought up about the backpack is a complete non issue, just the way it's molded. I can only see it from certain angles if I'm looking very close for it. Chest has the little dimples everyone mentioned, nbd since it's about as noticeable as Megatron's and now they match, lol. Love the light piping. Just love the overall look. Now to get some batteries, reorganize my shelves and take pics soon.

15. olevelo

olevelo Supreme King of All Transformers Earth Wars

Finally got around to taking some photos. He's not perfect, but I love him! As has been beaten to death, the color is different in every light, and the photos are correct, sometimes! I'm in the "I wish they tampo'd the factions" because I hate the stickers, and already screwed up two trying to get them on straight. Will see how a waterslide turns out I think. They belong on the forearms, and people who disagree are wrong!

But anyway, he's so badass...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Celtictron

Celtictron Member

It might very well have been a mold line, but I'm a 100% sure that is a crack on my copy in the picture . image.jpg

17. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

Yep, that's a crack all right. My mold line is further up and is it touches the corner of the backpack there.

18. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    Finally got mine in last night! I have to say, after reading all the posts here, I'm far more pleased with him than I thought I'd be. The purple is most definitely not blue, by any means. It's not very red, either, and I would have preferred a color closer to the purple of Generations Blitzwing or Insecticons. But it is a good shade, not at all the light lavender or bright violet-blue seen in some photos.

For the plastic, it's definitely good, solid plastic. It doesn't feel or look cheap at all (as some have suggested). You can certainly tell he doesn't have the premium paint like the carbots, but he looks about as good as [Hasbro] Prime, and better than the MP-11 Seekers. The gray thighs are also better than I expected, there's a bit of sparkle in them in an attempt to match the great paint on the lower legs and feet. It misses the mark, but you can tell they tried. There's also a good bit of heft to the figure, thanks to the smart use of diecast. And that yellow eye! I think that's the best light-piping I've ever seen on a figure. It glows to life even with very little light, looking fantastic as long as you aren't sticking him in a dark corner.

The transformation is pretty smart, though perhaps a little too basic for my taste. I love the way the backpack and legs transform, but the upper body is mostly excessively simple with an overly done head transformation. Alt mode feels great, and the screw holes don't bother me so much. It would have been nice for them to be covered, but if I displayed him in alt mode, it would be from a side or low angle. You wouldn't really be looking down on the top of the pistol. Oh, and the hose! I like that it's a coiled spring, very smart and looks great. But I was totally thrown by the sound after plugging it in. I haven't seen it mentioned, but when the hose moves it causes a sound to kind of echo out of Shockwave's torso (perhaps because I skipped on the batteries?).

Articulation is great, though his shoulders are really tightly ratcheted, while his hips are pretty loose, which feels backwards. Really the loose hips are the only [not nit-picky] issue I have with him. Finally, the height. He's perfect. If you have his waist fully extended and his head fully raised, he looks about the same height as Soundwave. Which is perfect for me. I know some people want a Shockwave that's as tall, or taller, than Megatron, but that's never how I saw him. Also, well, that angle is kind of covered by 3rd Party stuff, isn't it? So I'm glad that TT gave us a different option. Plus, I think something as simple as some bigger replacement feet would get him tall enough (and they could be wider as well).

19. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

I just got Shockwave. I like the quality and thickness of the plastic but disappointed in the transformation. Too simple. Even MP Bumblebee was more complex.

20. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

This is funny because, on the show, when he transforms into alt mode he literally stretches out his arms, claps his hands together over his head, does the ninja turtle head hide thing in his chest, and bends over.

I suppose they could make his backpack/butt transformation more complicated with some panels that hide gaps, and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.