Masterpiece Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shatterpoint, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juraash

Juraash Well-Known Member

I've been flip flopping a lot on if I want to add this guy to the collection, mostly just debating if I want him or a seeker. This hose thing was making me swing away from Shockwave...but since it's just flaws with the finish on the hose and not the hose itself...maybe he is the way to go.

2. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Cross posting from the Shockwave discussion thread.

I just received this guy today. And all I gotta say is.....glorious!! A fine return to form by Takara! Easily their best figure since Magnus! I honestly can't stress enough how much unphotogenic his colour is, it's so hard to capture on camera! Before I typed this I was trying looking at him on the camera on my phone and comparing it to what I saw off it and they were two different things!? Unbelievable?? On camera, he definitely looks more blue (like in Booster Gold's photos) and in person, definitely purple! If anything I'd say the closest colour or shade of purple he is..... is like the following in the youtube video below (1:22);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHO3PTM4IHA

His transformation is very fluid, intuitive and fun. I don't know what the detractors are talking about, there is plenty detail on this guy and he fits in perfectly with the other masterpiece. The materials are of the same quality we've come to expect from TT, good!

All in all, an outstanding figure and something I haven't said about TT in a while......this figure is a home-run! The competitors don't even come close.

3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Being home on Medical leave and not having this in hand yet SUCKS! Lol

Still waiting for my EMS shipment to land in Canada. Which it probably has done but no update to tracking yet. I assume it's in customs atm. I was really hoping to get it today. Looks like it'll be another couple days yet though.

4. gamewiz1

gamewiz1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Thanks:)  I had no idea that they would show the placement on the instructions. I'm so happy with him so far. I only have one concern. My Shockwaves legs are a tad loose, so when I try the dynamic poses, it seems they want to open up and do a split. I'm curious to see if there is any way to tighten the legs without having to do something major. Do any of you guys have the loose legs? I thought it may be due to the weight of the batteries, but I really don't want to take them out.

5. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I think more to do with lighting than photography. At the time I took those photos the lighting made him look bluer in person, the photos (to me anyway) were an accurate representation of his colour. Looking at him now in a darker corner of the room with no sunlight he looks more purple. He is still way too lavender/light in colour for my liking regardless of the lighting but I guess that's a personal preference thing.

6. gamewiz1

Ebay:
    Mine was tight also. I had the screw as loose as it would go, but it didn't come out. I had to use my fingernail to get under the edge to pop it up. It isn't going to be easy, you may want to use a small screwdriver. It's easiest if you loosen the screw all the way then begin using the screwdriver.

7. monish

monish Not a Negatron!

News Credits:

same from AE. I'm pretty sure its been here since friday in richmond but cbsa or canada post hasnt got to the container yet likely due being busy sorting through others

8. gamewiz1

Ebay:
    It uses triple A's and an LR 44 battery. the LR 44 is also the 357 if you buy Energiser batteries. They are fairly big button cells. It uses two of those and two of the AAA's.

9. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Sure hope I'll be joining the Shockwave party before the week's over...!

10. gamewiz1

Ebay:
    I did that also. It popped off twice while trying to get it to lock into place. It's easier if you raise it as high as you can, then tilt the head back and push it backwards. Instead of pulling it up, push it back once it's all the way up. Pushing it back with the head tilted makes it click into place without the head popping off:) 

11. Duomaxwell1017

Duomaxwell1017 Lt. to Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    My Shockwave is stuck at the post office till Sat when I go to pick him up. Can't pick him up any sooner, work 830-5 mon to fri.

12. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Got mine today and I am spellbound! Such a gorgeous looking figure and he is wonderful to transform.

More please Takara

13. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Shockwave has loose legs in terms of outward movement.

14. MagicDishwasher

MagicDishwasher Roustabout

News Credits:
    Yep, that sounds like what happened with mine. I was also able to eventually pop it open with my fingernail and some tweezers, but man was it stressful! The good news is I opened and closed the cover a few times to test, and it works a lot more smoothly now. Good luck to everyone with tight covers -- with a little persistence, it can be done!

15. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

Man, the mailman didn't actually knock on my door, so I only got a notice.

16. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    been there.. hate it when they are lazy like that. Sometimes they don't even get out of the truck here.. resulting in having to goto the post office, which has very limited hours :( 

17. MagicDishwasher

MagicDishwasher Roustabout

News Credits:
    Anybody try putting on the smaller side stickers for gun mode? It seems like the sticker would hand over the battery panel a little bit on the side with the hose.

EDIT: I just went for it, and yeah, the light purple outline around the tips of Decepticon crown poke over the battery panel edge ever so slightly. Shouldn't be too big a deal in the long run, but I do wish they had been sized a little better. He's an awesome toy though, so not a big deal all in all!

18. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am loving Laswerwave. Seriously.

All the best
    Maz

19. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    My Shockwave should be out for delivery tomorrow! Hopefully it'll be like Ironhide and the postman will arrive at 9am.

20. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Lovely pics, Maz. Especially the last one, referencing the very first episode, Shockwave's first appearance. Nice!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.