Masterpiece Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shatterpoint, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'm not sure it's all Takara's fault. Their pictures showed him transformed correctly at the correct height. It's ppl rushing to get reviews out missing steps and then ppl screaming the sky is falling without rationally waiting for a wider spectrum of views or even, shock horror, seeing what it's like in hand.

It shouldn't be of any surprise though. This is just following the normal stages of a new MP release. Thankfully we should be spared the knee jerk reactions with Ratchet. Well. Hopefully.

2. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    *sigh* Just sitting here, waiting for an email from Kapow to tell me he's shipped.

The waiting is the worst part...

3. Juraash

Juraash Well-Known Member

So I've seen a couple video reviews for this including Charles and Optibotimus and I think I'm gonna pull the trigger (yuk yuk) on him. My MP Deception team consists of Soundwave...and Laserbeak I guess, so I feel like I need a few more cons. Also seeing as how I can't settle on a seeker to buy this seems like a good (and cheaper) option.

His transformation looks cool and I like his overall design and color. I also feel like I'm kind of in the sweet spot for Shockwave too. Never read the comics or had the toy, but I liked him when I saw him in the show and Movie.

4. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You always do far more than express an opinion. Expressing an opinion is: 'I love the color, it's spot on toon accurate.' Maybe even show a screen cap comparison proving it as such. Instead, you always have to include the 'why are we even discussing this' BS. Showing a complete disregard and lack of consideration for anyone else, then hiding behind the 'I'm allowed to express my opinion'.

These are not expressing opinions:

There is a big difference between expressing an opinion and being contentious\derisive.

5. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    I have my kapow shipping email - I paid for mine in full when I placed the order last year, I don't know if that has an effect on shipping order. BUT, I'm now away on holiday until next week so he'll have to sit boxed on my desk at work until then. Stupid holidays.

6. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Don't like what I post, simply put don't read it, end of story. If everyone else can post whatever the want ad nauseum, I can do the same.

Simply put people can ignore my posts and easily skip reading, you more dramatize it and put focus on them by constantly quoting me because I say something you don't like. And not to mention if people are actually ignoring me, you're still putting my posts in view for them to have to read.

And funny it's always you and a couple others who constantly have to be right vs what I have to say. Everyone else seems perfectly capable of ignoring me.

I suggest in the future you put me on ignore or PM me if you must feel the need to continually critique my opinions.

7. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    what I hate is... it ALWAYS seems to work out that I pay my shipping notice on Friday with AE.. so that my package doesn't ship till next week :( 

The latency between 'in stock' and telling the POL to ship always bites me.

8. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Forget about the direct reminders or kumbaya requests, dude. It's been good for a while, but it was never going to last.

Just take a look at the irony in his post, including but not limited to the admonishment to simply buy or not to buy depending on your happiness level while at the same time proferring the same as "discussion" ... your very reasonable request is simply a lost cause where some people are concerned.

[Add] I see you still tried, before I made this post. I trust you now realise the futility of it all :D 

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  9. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

The sad part is he feels it's ok to be combative and disrespectful 'cause we can always "ignore" him. No admission that he could change the tone of his posts while still expressing his opinions, nor awareness that his bombastic posts change the tone of the entire conversation away from intelligent discussion that some people enjoy. It's not like they are isolated in some kind of vacuum.

Ah well.

I think MP-29 looks decent. I think he may be too small. My wife thinks he looks cheap. We'll see once he's in hand. :wink: 

10. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How bout you follow your OWN suggestion and not read other people's posts about their gripes with the figure, since it seems to get you all worked up over nothing, and then have the need to post here which no one wants to read.....so yes, people are ignoring your posts. I could've quoted you several times but it ain't even worth my time. Maybe when you get Lazerwave in hand, you'll be occupied making sweet love to it rather than coming into this thread.

11. fifield53

fifield53 Deceptichops

Been watching all the videos and I think he looks awesome. Can't wait to get this guy. Waiting to ship him with Ramjet.

12. Oshboggy

@ Yeled: You know what's sad? I'm afraid to open mine up and play with him once he arrives tomorrow. The only other time I've ever purposely avoided opening up a TF was with Andras. I regretted paying full price for something I felt didn't hit the mark (sculpt is fine but I found myself unable to deal with colours or lack thereof) and hoped to preserve his value/sell him off.

That's kind of where I am with MP-29 ... I almost expect TT to redo this mould in some other colour/finish level that I might find more appealing, so I'm thinking of just leaving MP-29 alone for now to facilitate an easier disposal in future.

That's sad. Dunno if it says more about me as a person or the level to which TT's line has sunk in my opinion. Probably both.

13. Destron UK

Destron UK G1 Dinobot Pro

News Credits:
    Had a go at changing the colour...

[​IMG]

14. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why are we now saying the head-locking is a non-issue? Did I miss something?

15. Juraash

Juraash Well-Known Member

You might have. In some of the newer reviews (like Optibotimus') it shows that a firm tug clicks the head into place so it doesn't droop or fall back into the chest. So it is held in place with more than just friction.

16. Oshboggy

Not so sure the two-eyes look is so great for Shockwave :p 

First impression is that the bash looks slightly nicer than what we've got. Not necessarily due to the exact shade or any paticular accuracy of the new purple, but more to do with greater contrast between the primary and secondary colours mitigating the blandness of the original scheme.

I think an Astro Magnum repaint using a metallic-flecked grey, with a metallic silver secondary, would look pretty sweet.

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, my Shockwave arrived already using Fedex with HLJ. That's probably the fastest I received a figure using that method of shipping.

18. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cleared customs! Fingers crossed for it coming tomorrow.

19. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    What? Really? I thought the MP crowd was all aboot being toon accurate. Andras is probably XTB's best effort ever. The general consensus was he is pretty fantastic looks/QC wise (which is extremely rare for XTB). He looks like he stepped right out of the toon.

But I respect your opinion nonetheless :) 

Haha. Looks like Quakewave! The irony. Except the two eyes thing - April fools? Lol

Annnd that's why I love HLJ. Ships even faster than US retailers!

20. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

I'm hoping to see either TT or Hasbro do a G1 toy color variant. Preferably with metallic fleck in the plastic like SoundWave has, but I'm not holding my breath on that!

I've settled it with myself that although I think Quakewave is the more sturdy, premium built Shockwave, with the better color, he just doesn't compare with Laserwave's G1 accurate sculpt.

So now the only question is do I go for this, or wait for the inevitable repaint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.