Masterpiece Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shatterpoint, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've owned Quakewave for over a year now. I'm not selling it just because the official version came out. I will buy the official version but I'm quite happy to own both and have them in either different modes or have the other in a Shockwave display.

2. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:

Just got a good look at Shockwave's feet with this pic. Earlier, I said that MP Shockwave's legs and feet look better than Quakewave's, but I'm gonna have to revise that. His feet look more like G1 Shockwave's, but shit they're a little too small. Matter of fact, they look like the feet on the picture of Shockwave from his G1 box. :lol 

3. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, I hope this release quick because I don't know how long I can wait for hot rod lol

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    I agree. Is there any chance that it's a new face?

Yeah, like I said, the belly pushing out doesn't help and I know the orange one maroon will break up the broad look... but man it is sooooooooo flat looking.

5. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just noticed that Shockwave will be able to have Lazerbeak sit on his forearm.

6. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks great.....Havent decided whether i'd sell my Quakewave to get this.I bet he will feel lighter than QW too...hmmmm

7. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really, I'll sell him for near what I bought him for a couple of years ago and in that couple of years I've had an awesome Shockwave toy.

The bitterness on this forum towards 3rd party figure owners is astounding.

8. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    He also transformed in "The Ultimate Doom" when he fired at Skyfire and the episode that introduced Elita One.

9. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    And any time you don't see him in the cartoon... he's also in alt mode, just chilling.

10. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was gonna get Quakewave just because I thought Shockwave would never happen. Now that it looks like it finally happening, I'm gonna cancel that and wait for Takara. I hope Toyworld doesn't sue Takara for making this look so much like G1 Shockwave. I would hate to see this scrapped because of some licensing issue. Still tempted to get that clear Quakey, but I'm afraid I'd break the legs off of it trying to get it back to robot mode. Maybe I'll just get two Shockeys instead.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  11. woland

woland Active Member

Hot Rod has TF Animated proportions... small head, big chest, super muscled arms and very skinny legs.
    At this point I prefer the previous version, even if as hot rod it's too big.
    Shockwave is good, but I don't think it's so much better than Quakewave.

12. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yeah, it is very flat looking, but that's because it is still just a very early resin prototype.
    The lack of his chest flame makes it look a lot flatter than it will be as well, because it is a large flat, blank area.
    It is the length of the bit with the lights on that I believe throws the proportions off as it looks too thick, which in turn makes his legs look short and thin.

The final product will probably have some added details and tweaks that will hopefully make it look much better :) 

13. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to enjoy having a Shockwave to go with my Grimlock. Of course I said I was going to buy Bee and Jack too, hopefully that doesn't happen this time.
    Although despite liking Ironhide and only casually collecting the line, these aren't up to the standards of Soundwave or others.

14. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

As someone who felt the hostile reaction to Ironhide from some was dumb and hysterical...

..both of these are looking pretty bad at this stage. Shockwave's legs are garbage, that recently announced 3rd party version (not Quakewave, the other one) looks far superior to this dude's skinny supermodel thighs and dainty feet. His shoulders are also a bit small and his head looks disproportionately big.

As for Rodimus, likewise the legs are skinny to to point of making him look way top heavy and he still has that lame looking folding backpack design that makes him look awkward from the sides and behind.

These are sub-par efforts, especially Shockwave considering we've already seen others do it better.

15. Sugar Beat

Sugar Beat Lurker Extraordinaire

I think this is a great move by TT imo. Back to back reveals of two new molds that have non-real world alt modes and limited repaint potential. It seems they have picked up the pace a bit here.

I think Shockwave looks fantastic and has both toon and toy nods in all the right places. Hot Rod also looks to have a similar transformation scheme to MP-9, which I suppose is somewhat expected, just hopefully refined in all the right places. I would agree with the stomach bulge but we need to remember that this is a resin prototype and very likely doesn't tab in the best in some spots.

Excited to see some alt modes and painted test shots!

16. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

It's a tab for transformation, but it might work.

17. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    I don't disagree. I think I just want more of a V-shape taper from shoulder to hip. Even Sideswipe managed to get some distinction between his upper and lower torso dimensions.

18. EagleTron

EagleTron Well-Known Member

That Shockwave. :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: 

19. H.E.X.-BRAVE

H.E.X.-BRAVE Well-Known Member

for more overkill, they will suddenly reveal the finished MP Optimus Primal prototype & BOTH MP Megatron 2.0 & Galvatron at the same time in the works :lol 

20. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wowsie. So those ugly crotch flaps were meant to be cartoon accurate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.