Masterpiece Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shatterpoint, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These new pics of him are disappointing. had him preordered for 13,440 yen at hlj which is about 160 not including shipping. add an extra 30 for that and its nearly 200 cad for this...thing thats not even the right height....that cancel preorder button is looking really tempting now.

EDIT: and cancelled. Really not worth the money TT is asking for after seeing these pics.

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the one MP, of the five announced for the first half of this year, that I've been anticipating the most. Looks great so far, eagerly awaiting AmiAmi getting theirs in.

Also, yeah interesting (and nice, space-wise) that they're using the slimmer MP-1/2/10B box. I wish Soundwave & Soundblaster had used that box instead.

3. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Tigerblade is right: the color in the YouTube video is probably the most accurate. Here's a screen shot:

[​IMG]

It is unquestionably darker than the photos...but to me he's blue with a hint of purple rather than purple with a hint of blue as he should be. I'm afraid that's a deal breaker for me. I truly am disappointed too...I really do like the sculpt.

lol yeah that's it. Of all the things to nitpick, faction label placement has been #1 on the list...

Attached Files:

4. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Lmao ! Omg.....that amount of complaining an bitching that comes out of the fandom every time a new MP gets released... Unbelievable !

5. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

The batteries will up the metal content and give it heft.

6. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Not gonna lie, stickers are pretty shitty. And there’s no reason to not permanently apply the ones on his forearms considering people who want the toy-look need to rotate the forearms anyways.

Other than that he looks great, I love the pulsating light effect. Still not particularly sad that I cancelled my pre-order though.

And as usual there's a considerable amount of people complaining an bitching about the amount of complaining an bitching ;) 

7. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I'm sure that's much closer to the actual shade of purple he will have. Which for me is fine, but as stated, YMMV. I'm very sorry to hear you're so disappointed as to cancel. :(  Bummer. I understand, though.

8. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Those colors look great to me. I can't wait to get this guy.

9. Autobot Dave

Autobot Dave Photobot

I guess I just don't like the idea of stickers at all. It's obviously personal preference, and it's always good to see someone excited about it, even if I'm not.

I haven't been scrutinizing his development that much, which explains my not noticing the lack of silver in other pics. I haven't even been on the boards much because I realized I was contributing to the negativity around here. And I don't wanna be THAT guy!

Still, I AM excited for Primal, so I'm not a completely lost cause. I love the sculpt on him, I love the paint on him, his articulation looks great...I'm definitely all in on the munky! :D 

Have fun, all!

10. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Do you think Hasbro, Hasbro Asia, or Takara will release a Dark Purple Toy Deco?

11. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Watch for waspies

Am I the only one that thinks MP Shockwave looks like he's made out of candy? Not that he looks bad, but I think I'm going to use his release as an opportunity to get Quakewave for cheap.

12. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

I was holding out on buying Quackwave for this figure but seeing how small he is and that lavender, I think I am going to go ahead an get FT Quakewave.

13. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

This guy is looking good to me, then again I've never been a Shockwave fanatic, so I guess I won't be that bothered by his colour being slightly off.

Do you guys think we'll start seeing shipping requests very soon from the likes of Japanese E-tailers?

I'm happy to be getting this guy but in all honesty I think we're slowly getting to the point where it doesn't necessarily mean it would better if it's made by TT. I can actually see why people might want FT Quakewave over this and not think they were crazy like I would have done so years ago if anyone ever muttered that they preferred a Third party over an official product.

14. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

lol yeah cuz I said it was #1 on a list

It's definitely something fans have complained about (complaints about Sideswipe's being too big, Bumblebee's foot insignia) and Bumblebee and Tracks were even designed with flip panels for the insignia. Stickers are an easy and cheap way for TT to say "put it how you want them so that you're happy." The source material was so all over the place between the animation, toys, promo art, and comics that everyone has very different and often very specific ideas of how these things should be - they're not going to make anyone 100% happy without options like this. The ironic thing is that options like this meant as an effort to make everyone happy are seen as yet another compromise, another thing to gripe about.

15. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    Oh crap he IS that horrible lavender colour :( 

16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Alot of anger over stickers. Personally I think it's cool that they are giving ppl the option to go either toy or toon placements as I'm sure if all three were tampoed they'd be bastards too. It's a wonder Reprolabels can survive with this much dislike of them.

Funny though, it was generally a good thing with Ratchet so I'm puzzled as to why it's Satan spawn here?

No. He's in horribly washed out pics. It's been discussed that the video of him without the 1,000,000 watt bulb on him is more than likely closer to in hand.

17. NegatronDave

NegatronDave Well-Known Member

This is what I hate about "in hand" photos prior to a release.

They are normally rushed photos with bad lighting, incorrect colours, lame poses and all in all a very poor representation of what the figure will actually look like "in hand".

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The scultpting looks good. The molding and engineering look good.

The plastic used looks bad/cheap and using stickers for something like this is ridiculous.

If this was like a $50 leader class toy it would be awesome. $140-$160 not so much.

19. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a feeling this will be like MP Ironhide all over again. Wailing and gnashing of teeth over the photos and then after folks get him in hand they will say, "Gee, he's not too bad, maybe even pretty damn good!"

20. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

i refuse to put stickers on my clear quakewave

i do like the options tt is providing with ratchet and shockwaves sticker sets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.