Masterpiece Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shatterpoint, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

In hand shots - FINALLY! I'm not going to trust the colors in these shots. Hot Rod looks lighter and pinker in most photos I've seen compared to what he really is.

Hate to be a downer - this mold looks amazing - but the finish is a bit of a let down. Paint apps look almost non-existent! Works on Star Saber for me, though, so we'll see in hand. Still excited :) 

2. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

I was hoping that the Deception symbols would be tattoo'd on instead of having to put on stickers, lol. But, I am stoked to get this. Please have no QC issue's, and not make me regret not getting the Quakewave on sale or Quakeburst!!!

3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    It's the bright lights making it look lighter. Watch his video of the gun hand flashing and it looks darker. I have a feeling it's gonna be one of those figures that's gonna be hard to get the in hand colours right in pics. Kinda like Hercules purple.

4. Manoftheyear2k

Manoftheyear2k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It doesn't produce any sound. The AAA batteries light up the alt mode gun barrel, while the button batteries power the arm barrel

5. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Looks awesome!

I think this guy is going to fast end up being my favourite Decepticon Masterpiece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Also what's with the second row of stickers?

[​IMG]

Poorly drawn cartoon accurate ones :lol 

EDIT: Perhaps they're meant to be the Marvel Comics contunuity Decepticon symbol:

[​IMG]

as seen in the Transformers Universe book.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  7. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    hoo boy. glad i stuck with quakeblast on this one. way too small and scrawny for me.

8. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YYYEEEESSSSS!!!!!! An MP-sized box the size of MP-10B and not some ridiculously oversized box like for Skywarp/Thundercracker. Helps on the shipping cost. Nice to see he comes packaged in alt mode, which will force me to transform him. It'll be funny if the Americans get the orange plug treatment.

9. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

Wow. Just in time for Easter, it's pastel-colored Shockwave... complete with faction stickers.

No thanks, TT. First time I'm sticking with 3P over an official. Even if the color was corrected and badges tampo'd, this still looks like a cheap toy to me. Not trying to piss on anyone's Cheerios, just my take on it.

Congrats to those happy with it.

10. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Purple is such a hard colour to get right in pics. I'll be waiting until I have this guy in hand before deciding how I feel about his colour.

So far it looks great though. I am slightly disappointed in the stickers but at least it gives everyone options for their own personal optimal placement.

11. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Good call! I think I may use those!

Gotta admit, though, I am not liking that his insignia are decals we have to apply. Not at all. Fine for Ratchet's shoulders, but I sure hope this doesn't become a thing.

12. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Bloody stickers! why? And enough batteries?

That aside really cannot wait for this

13. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Good review! Judging by the video's which only show the lights, I'm guessing no noise?
    In alt mode he does have quite a few screw holes visible, which is a shame. Robot mode looks perfect... Except for that colour. He really should indeed have been a little darker. Still, he's definitely got a shot at making my top 3 Masterpieces; the mold is just excellent.

14. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's EXACTLY what it's meant to be, further supporting the theory that this 3rd wave of MP's is pushing so hard for toon accuracy.

15. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is darker, but still far too blue for my tastes. Ah well...maybe once there's some more in hand pictures of him I'll change my mind, but I doubt it.

16. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I'll admit the pics aren't doing him any favors. Plastic looks cheap and color is too pastel to me. But like you said, purple is hard to capture right in pics.

He's happily pre-ordered and can't wait to have him in my hands.

17. Spaceman1251

Spaceman1251 Legendary Warrior

Instagram:
    Well, I'm glad I didn't order two. Toon color Quakewave might just get to stay on my shelf, while I play Shockwave's Burden with this one. They better make a better colored one in the future, but I guess this one is alright, I do really like the extra crappy drawn deception stickers.

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was hoping he'd be a little darker... but who cares? I look forward to owning him.

19. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope your right.

20. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    I love that the reviewer's fingernails are so awful. Very thorough review too with clear pictures. The white balance is all over the place though. It's hard to get an idea what the color will actually be. Sometimes it looks like the photo is covered in a blue glaze others it seems clearer.

Regardless, it's most likely lilac so hopefully all the complaining or nitpicking or whatever the usuals crit to hell about gets over with soon rather than the eventual relentless beating of dead horses day after day. Hell, people are still regurgitating stale complaints about Ironhide. LOL. I just don't get it.

The transformation looks to be fun and intuitive. He looks very posable too!

My one nitpick is that I wish there would've been some silver paint on him. That said I'm going to come back here every hour and repeat that complaint for a couple months and then bring it up again ad nauseum a few months after that. lol Kinda how this place has been for a while now. So what's the diff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.