Masterpiece Rodimus sighted at US TRU!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dah Padre, Aug 3, 2011.

1. tchad

tchad Well-Known Member

Damn, got all excited when I was told they had 4 and would set it aside. Drove over and there was a 'truck error' - try next week.

(Williston, VT)

2. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found myself one. Way easier then I expected it to be.

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got mine, after coupons it was 36 with tax. Good deal!

4. SSR

SSR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for some reason all 4 TRU in our city didnt get any shipments in this week. I call bs employee scalping! :p 

5. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What coupons? I know about the Facebook one (not a member), but that would only take it down to $48 or so?

6. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rewards coupons

7. AceHazard

AceHazard Well-Known Member

I picked mine up at the Springfield, IL store today after work. Looked like they had gotten 4 in. There were three on the shelf when I arrived and I got just one for myself leaving two at the store. Used the FB coupon to get mine for a total of $51. Not the cheapest Masterpiece I have ever gotten ($20 for MP anniversary Prime), but still quite a fair price.

On a funny related note. I tried twice to transform him into his car mode but gave up in frustration in trying to figure out how to fold all the legs up and what not. I might try again some other time, but since I want to display him in robot form I'm not too worried about it.

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am still on the fence whether or not I want the US version since I got 2 MP Roddy already, but I just may buy it and sell one of the MPs cuz I do like that targetmaster. :) 

9. diecast17

diecast17 Well-Known Member

Just got mine in Willow Grove PA.

The store got 4 and I had to fight with them to hold 1 till I got there.

10. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Hasbro one is actually slightly easier to transform than my Takara one. If you aren't using directions you probably should. His leg transformation is not intuitive.

Also, the Hasbro directions actually screwed up his hands (the Takara directions are different for the hands). Don't make fists, instead bend the wrists down until the fingers are actually laying on the back side of the fore arms. If you make fists, there really isn't proper space and things won't want to line up properly.

11. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    I am still on the fence on this one. I never been a fan of the Rodimus design but I do love targetmasters.

12. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    He is the "Chosen One", and having a target master with him helps. What does not help is that the 'lil buddy is offshoot and not firebolt. I guess hasbro lost the name rights to that one too.

I picked mine up last night in El Paso. The dude ringing me up said there had been several phone call about Roddy, too. So, me thinks you should get him while you can, especially if you are a fan, because he is gonna go the way of Grimlock.

13. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's Firebolt as much as Universe Tankor is Octane, Universe Silverstreak is Bluestreak, and RTS Trailcutter is Trailbreaker. Not to mention the Insecticons Sharpshot and Hardshell are Shrapnel and Bombshell.

14. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    My awesome and amazing girlfriend picked up Hasbro Roddy for me a couple of days ago. He is significantly better QC-wise than the Takara version. I had no problems transforming Hasbro Roddy, and almost threw Takara Roddy across the room in frustration.

15. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    I was able to pick one up the other day, luckily, and I am very happy with him! I had no problems with the transformation, and no breakage, luckily! I think the QC has definitely improved over the Takara one, but I can see where some areas of the toy could be prone to breakage during transformation if you are not super-careful! All in all, I love the way he looks in both modes. Incidentally, I have seen some of you guys saying you are having trouble with the transformation- forget about trying to follow the instructions. I followed along with Optibotimus' review on YouTube of the Takara one and I had no problems. He does a nice job of demonstrating all of the steps clearly. The best part is, he shows the transformation in both directions. Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck to everyone in getting this guy. My advice- call around to the TRUs in your area, give them the item number (724463) and if they are in stock, ask them to put one aside for you. Some stores will and some stores won't- depends on the manager. Hopefully this is useful to you all!

16. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked one up this morning and the Facebook coupon worked perfectly. $48 is an awesome price for this guy.

17. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Facebook coupon?? :inquisiti 

18. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It does get easier after you understand what's supposed to be happening. Every complex transformer is toughest the first time.

I have both Rodimus. My Takara doesn't have many QC issues and my Hasbro does have a couple. Hasbro might have fewer, but it's not so much that Hasbro has fewer as that the issues are different from one to the other (but in both cases the issues are to minor to gripe about).

19. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anyone getting one of these $48 Roddy's would like to only have $33 invested in him, I'll give you $15 for Offshoot (Firebolt). Anyone interested?

20. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those who do Facebook, if you like TRU, it will give you a one time use 20% coupon

Kind of sucks for those who do not, LOL, which I am one of.