Masterpiece Rodimus - BROKEN OUT OF THE BOX!- HELP!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ManziG, Sep 12, 2011.

1. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

It's a shame MP Rodimus was so plagued with QC issues. It's all a roll of the dice. Guess I rolled lucky 7's. Haven't had any issues with my TRU version.

2. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    The only problems I have with my TRU version is some stressing on the tabs that hold part of his backpack on his legs in vehicle mode. I don't transform him anymore, he just stands on my top shelf looking cool.

3. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

The left arm on mine fell off a few months back. I took the whole shoulder joint apart, and the ratchet & spring set-up had basically failed. I just glued my ratchet joint back together at an angle that still looked decent on the shelf. I had never transformed it to that point, and now never will... Oh well, maybe someday I'll find a junker with a good left arm to sacrifice, but for now he looks fine on display.

4. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Toys R Us does indeed hold back defective Rodimuses. If this one was damaged, maybe the seller found it in his TRU's stock room.

5. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about it

6. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Mine's been mint in package since I got it. I'm not even planning on keeping it to be honest. After all the QC issues I've heard about, I'd rather sell him and make some money on him than have him be worth nothing in the long run.

7. ManziG

ManziG Energon = Majesty.

Well, I just hope that someone out there has a fix for this issue, because I really love this toy and would be open to any suggestions someone has for fixing it. Thanks everyone!

8. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

I just opened mine. It's 2015 now. I was careful with the arm, but it fell off anyway.

Glued. See my picture. But I'm really angry.

Attached Files:

9. Nubs

Nubs Master-D

Sorry to hear that guys. I got mine MISB and he came out just fine, and believe me I was sweating bullets waiting for him to get to my house given all the horror stories I'd heard. I guess it really is luck of the draw. I hope Has/Tak makes a new-mold MP Rodimus (plus then I can have both Rodimus and Hot Rod on my shelf) to appease my fellow Rodimus fans who've been burned by their QC issues.

10. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depending on where the breakage occurred you might be able to buy replacement parts from eBay. They have hinges and joints all made new for common MP Rodimus problems, good luck.

11. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

I think it would just be better to get the 2nd edition Takara release. Sure, it is more expensive, but tfwiki.net mentioned that the Hasbro release's springs are so strong, that they will tear the figure apart.

12. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll look, but an arm I saw looked like the seller was trying to take advantage of folks with this problem. The item description did not say it specifically solved this problem. I'll keep looking. But I do like the pose I glued him in (above).

So it's not a total priority with the Takara Constructicons and Combaticons coming all too soon.

But I'm really offended by the Hasbro lack of concern for their consumers spending a lot of money to buy the stuff and it being such low quality.

13. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    contact megamoonman here. he has replacement parts that don't break. i was the first to get that fix and it was great!