Masterpiece reissues - MP-10, MP-11, MP-13, MP-15 & MP-16

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by G1Optimal, Nov 9, 2016.

1. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I got Apollyon and Mightron from BBTS and it was the same. Just needed some twist with a pliers and it came right out. If it doesn't, a quick heat up of the barrel tip in some water will soften the glue so it will twist out.

2. w1n1fred

w1n1fred Banned

News Credits:
    your random rambling and lack of any evidence backing up your statements suggests otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  3. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

You guys can't yak at me for being a Canadian when it suits your argument then throw Yen at me when it suits you too. I'm in the North American market.

Starscream here cost me 100 bucks canadian.
    Thundercracker here costs 279 Canadian.

Look it up

4. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't have Soundwave or Lazerbeak. Just preordered SW & LB

5. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Sweet man, now I can buy everything without having to fear it'll sell out eventually. The lizard people will be thrilled.

And now think about why you’ve started to shit on them in the first place. Because of foreign prices they can’t control.

It was until you brought the Seekers into the picture, as showcased in your post I quoted. As for Megatron? He's 1000¥ more than MP-10. Which isn't ridiculous considering the size and what he comes with. Plus electronics. What else is there to discuss? If the translation into Canadian dollar is shit then yeah, sorry man, nothing Takara can fix without undervaluing their stuff for their own market.

I actually do work for them; I'm in the "Customer Mind Controlling" department. Also I don't want to wake up, I want to sleep, it's late around here.

Sucks for you, still not Takara's fault. Also what kinds of Starscream and Thundercracker are you even comparing? There are Hasbro Asia releases out there and stuff.

6. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Cognitive Dissonance

Cognitive dissonance refers to a situation involving conflicting attitudes, beliefs or behaviors.

This produces a feeling of discomfort leading to an alteration in one of the attitudes, beliefs or behaviors to reduce the discomfort and restore balance etc.

For example, when people consistently overpay for diminishing quality Takara products (behavior) and they know that they are morons for doing so (cognition).

7. Zethrofax

Zethrofax Well-Known Member

Pretty intense post over a total optional toy purchase. They don't owe anyone cheaper pricing by default, If the majority decide it is too expensive the price will adjust accordingly. That being said, I think the price is high with masterpieces in general. I feel like they should top out around $150 personally. But I can afford more and so I continue to enable it, it's a vicious cycle....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Since you're apparently good with words but kinda bad at keeping a discussion going, could you give me some fancy words for:

a) A person who rages over nothing, ignores corrections to his lies and doesn't accept any logical input to a discussion and is unable to properly continue one

and

b) A thread on the internet which is about to be wiped clean by a moderator

Thank you in advance and good night.

9. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Well if they do. Oh well. Censorship happens.

10. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

It is intense. But it is how I and many others honestly feel after being long time customers.

11. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just something I'd like to point out.

Starscream's MSRP of 13,000 yen here excludes the Japanese sales tax (5% back in 2012 when MP-11 was released).

The other TTMall Seeker and Conhead prices here are inclusive of sales tax (8% as of Apr 2014).

So the gap between prices is actually even lesser.

I only hope somehow that TTMall can release Dirge before April next year, because the Japanese sales tax is set to increase to 10% then. By the looks of things, he'll be released later than that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. robb0429

robb0429 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The hell? I paid MSRP of $200 from BBTS when MP11 was in stock, now its 60 smacks cheaper?

Also, $230???? Jfc. Even with all the accessories, that\'s a bit much?? I thought he\'d be $200 MAX. UM and Star Saber were $180 and they were big boys.

Hope the glue isnt that strong for the orange plug

13. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Rationale for using the term price gouging...

Quakeblast- $100cad in hand. Tax shipping all included
    Megatron- $365cad in hand. Tax shipping all included.

Quakeblast has plenty of electronics x3 more than megs, die cast, ACTUAL PAINT, and size/heft comparable to megs.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the costs associated with producing each one in the physical sense is relatively the same. But I guarantee the liscencing costs are NOT enough to justify a $265 difference in price.

The simple truth is this- Takara is GOUGING the fan base because people have been slowly enabling them to do so by just handing their money over for a product that's getting worse and worse with each new release or re hse of a mold

14. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    If you don't like the price, then don't buy it.

15. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    Who are you preaching to? Nobody gives a fuck about KO/3P and your shitty crusade against Takara Tomy.

• Like Like x 4
  16. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

More like nobody wants to voice an opinion here that will be met with vehemence. If you think I'm flying solo on this, think again. I am voicing the popular opinion.

Just so happens that I couldn't care less if voicing it or not affected my popularity.

17. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    Let me re-phrase that;

Nobody gives a fuck about 3P/KO and your crusade against Takara Tomy except the little group of butthurt 3P folk on this site.

Psst....The keyword is butthurt.

• Like Like x 4
  18. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Sounds more to me like this is resonating with many here as quite realistic, as it would seem.
    I notice about people who will only buy official products, that the level of fervent support about defending this kind of topic is high.
    Why should it matter to you if I'm not happy with what I percieve as being taken advantage of by a company I have supported for years?
    The only thing rational is that in the back of your head you know I'm right, and since still being in the denial stage, all there is to do is get mad at my words

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Dude, enough. I'm also a Canadian and am not at all happy about our shitty almost Monopoly-money-value conversion rate, but that has 100% *nothing* to do with Takara, let alone them "gauging" us. It's the economy and and exchange rate of the moment - period. No different than if the American Dollar bottomed out this morning after you-know-what election and ours surged. Takara's prices have indeed gone up over the years (like literally everyone else's has too), but they're still on par with what we expect in current time.

Be angry all you want, but sheesh, at least know where to point it. And that isn't at Takara for crying out loud. If anything, rant about the online e-tailers mark-up and (ridiculous) shipping costs. THAT is at least more valid.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 S’goden, s’doodis

I think somebody needs a Snickers...

Edit: Decided it was time to update the sig.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016