Masterpiece QC

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gen. Hospital, Jul 30, 2010.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are 100% worth the price. The only MP i'd avoid is Megatron but everything else is really just us being picky. The errors they have is no different from what the normal deluxe/etc scale transformers have.

Don't let this thread scare you away, they are awesome!

2. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    My only mp that has major issues is ultra magnus. Man was i pissed when i got him. White paint on diecast parts is shody as hell. Very swirly and poorly applied. Headlights glued on upside down! Legs were stuck and were a major pain to fold in

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have MP-2, MP-4, MP-5, MP-6, MP-7, MP-8 and the Walmart Starscream and so far, thankfully, haven't had any major problems with them. Starscream and Skywarp have taken a tumble off of a shelf I had them displayed on for awhile but nothing broke/scratched/stressed, etc. The MP-4 is fine, no chipping or anything on his chest though the doors are a bit loose. I haven't had any problems with Thundercracker at all, Megs is fine (thankfully no cosmic rust on the feet), and Ultra Magnus is alright. Grimlock is absolutely perfect.

4. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    Oh yeah, cosmic rust on megs. About every six months i notice some CR on his feet. I take my wife's jewely polish cloth and the rust comes right off and everything shines like new again

5. Kalel

Kalel C-Mac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my mp01 has misaligned doors, no problems with my hasbro ss or my skywarp, my mp04 has a loose left door but its well aligned. + the odd paint chip....

6. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Look into my eyes...

News Credits:
    These...

• MP-2 Ultra Magnus - A few paint chips out of the box, ankles that can only just support his weight, and the infamous misaligned chest door.
    • MP-6 Skywarp - Perfect.
    • MP-8 Grimlock - Very minor chrome damage on tail, caused by coming into contact with burs on screws on the inside of the lower legs.
    • MP-8X King Grimlock - Very minor chrome damage on one claw.

7. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha okay. They are undeniably awesome, but like those prized jewelery some people display, one can sometimes feel wee reluctant and even afraid of damaging these precious investments...

8. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I think the Seekers/Megatron require the most care when Transforming. Especially Megatron because people are popping parts off of him left and right. I don't really have any problems with the seekers but a lot of people complain about stress marks around the Wings. None of mine have that problem (Knock on wood....)

9. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I've had "0" problems with my 3 Masterpieces. MP04 has no issues except I noticed that they didn't clean his fingers from the mold completely. I think one or two of his fingers has a slight bit of excess plastic but hardly noticeable and easy to fix.
    Megatron is perfect, and even Wal-Mart Skywarp is perfect. At least, I haven't noticed anything and if I haven't noticed it yet, why would I want to know about it at all? LOL!

10. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

MP Prime - No problems.
    MP Megatron - No problems.
    MP Ghost Starscream - The paint for his eyes arent aligned right and it just ruins the whole face. Luckily he has two so I just keep it on his normal face.

11. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I have 2 has MP Skywarps and the only issue with either is loose thumbs not really a big deal.

12. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alrighty...let's see how a certain TRU exclusive will fare...

Anyone got Grimlock so far? What about the Takara version? Can you comment on the QC on him? Judging by the replies here, he seems to be the best of the lot, which may be an indication of improving QC. What do you guys think?

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Frak, as I was moving stuff around I took a closer look at MP Megs and yup, mine does have some cosmic rust on his feet. Damn it.

14. Gen. Hospital

Gen. Hospital Well-Known Member

Yep. Mine too. It cleans right off, though, so no worries.

Also, big bad refunded me $45 for my broken Skywarp and let me keep it.

Does anyone have one of those little hatches the might wanna part with for cheap?

15. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no major QC issues with any of my MP toys. Here's what I have and a few minor issues after.

US original MP Prime- Door paint did eventually begin to mildly chip (not bad and took a while- if I'd realized it was a risk I probably could have completely prevented it).

Greenscream- funny stress mark on a shoulder hing inside his chest. Not sure if it's an issue (and he may have come that way)- because of this i don't transform him (this is actually why I got MP skywarp). I like him too much to take chances (probably my favorite MP toy).

Megatron- some cosmic rust. I never transformed him because of all the horror stories (and a lack of interest in seeing the gun mode). (this is the nicest transformer I've never transformed- but I have a few that came in bot mode where I have zero interest in the alt mode and haven't ever bothered).

Takara Skywarp- Cockpit isn't 100% flush with panel behind it. Of course I own almost no Hasbro regular transformers that don't have some small issue like this.

Grimlock- Not aware of any issues.

All in all, the odd stress mark on starscream is the only real QC issue I'm unhappy about.

16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They have fantastic customer service, the best I've encountered in many years. It makes me more than happy to pay a little extra sometimes.

I had an issue with my alternity convoy, and they let me keep the broken one (which I now display in car mode).

I also had an issue with my kissplayer Rodimus and they were happy to take care of it (didn't get to keep that one though).

17. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have Hasbro 20th Prime, Hasbro Starscream, Hasbro Skywarp, Takara MP-03 Starscream, Takara MP-05 Megeatron, Takara MP-08 Grimlock X2. Only one major issue on MP-03 Greenscream. His hinge on right arm was too tight and broke while TFing. Fixed it using an extra Hasbro Skywarps hinge. One other note on MP-08 Grimlock, the (brain transfer) cable is a little short, I noticed when in the bubble it isn't quite long enough to fit in the bubble all the way, no big deal. These are some of my favorite figures but I don't recommend playing with them too much, if you do, just BE CAREFUL.

18. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I just got MP Black Convoy in the mail and it feels a little different from MP04. No paint chipping but i've noticed the right foot pops off easy. That is about it, overall, i'd say its a great toy.:thumbs2: 

19. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Walmart MP Starscream--had the wing hinge fracture on one side when I got him. Never found another one, so I'm stuck with him. Ground the hinges down a bit and superglued it. Haven't had issues with it so far.

MP Grimlock--just got him:

[​IMG]

That backplate isn't installed on the one side. And there's this gear thing just above it that I think might be crooked. Hoping to take it apart, align everything and he'll be okay.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Only QC issues I've had with the MP line is Thundercracker's 'nipples' being assembled backwards...I heard it was a fairly widespread issue. I'd like to fix it since it looks weird but I don't want to deal with hammering out pins and since it doesn't affect the transformation at all I've just shugged and accepted it.

No cosmic rust on my Megs either.