1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Masterpiece Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 0ptimus__Prime, Feb 22, 2009.

?

Is Masterpiece Prime worth buying?

1. Yes.

90.4%
  2. He's Ok.

6.1%
  3. Not really.

3.5%
  4. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Hello, I've been looking at buying Masterpiece/20th Ann. Optimus Prime.

Since I'm passing on $100.00 Devastator I'm thinking about getting Masterpiece Prime instead.

Is he worth the $100.00?

2. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

I have the 20th Anniversary OP release that has that Hasbro special battle damage. Great figure! But be sure to either pick-up the Takara MP Prime or the Hasbro 20th Annivesary version. The later Hasbro MP Prime release was not a flattering shade of red for Optimus.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I have yet to get the figure, but yes, Masterpiece Prime is worth $100. If you can find it priced that low, which I doubt.

And I'd personally go with Takara's MP-01. I don't necessarily need the trailer, and I don't care for the "battle damage."

4. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

Ok, I have both the MP-04 masterpiece Prime and the 20th anniversary battle damage prime. Here is my opinion. If you want the Takara one, get the MP-01, not the MP-04. If you want the trailer that is another matter, but the 20th annivesary prime is of higher quality than the prime that came with my MP-04 giftset. It may differ with yours, but I have my battle damaged one with the trailer and the MP-04 prime in robot mode.

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I have the Hasbro 20th Anniversary version with the "battle damage" paint apps and the repaint that has the talking display base. It's an absolutely awesome figure, but I wouldn't be willing to pay $100 for one.

6. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    One of the best primes, ever.

Ever!

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yep, probably THE best Prime ever made for many. He is the one transformer I would save if forced to choose just one.

8. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I'd say, the best Transformer in my collection. Probably one of the best ever made. Easily worth your money.

9. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Go for it. It is totally worth it.

I picked up my 20th Prime from ebay with a broken leg for $30 and all I needed to fix it was a washer that I already had.

10. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP Prime is definitely worth picking up. It's the best Optimus Prime toy available and one of the best Transformers around.

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

yup, mp-prime's a definite must-buy.

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, definetly pick up Masterpiece Prime. It's probably the definitive Prime figure. Very cool. I went with the MP-04 because I wanted the Trailer, and picking up that was going to be cheaper than picking up an MP-01 and an individual trailer separately. I don't have a Hasbro one, but that should also be a pretty slick version too.

14. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    Yes, no matter what series you like, I think everybody should own a MP Prime. he's AWESOME.

Personally I own the 20th ann. DVD edition..he has shorter stacks and is a more light red, but still totally awesome.

15. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would say no but then again I really dislike big bots. I much prefer the size of the Classic DLX or Classic Voyager sizes. I had MP Prime and he's worth the money if you like that kind of thing.

Now MP Grimlock is another matter, that guy is pure win.

16. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Good figure, but overrated. His robot mode is beautiful, but the vehicle mode is really compromised. I don't feel cheated for the $80 I paid, and an extra $20 isn't asking too much.

17. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Defiantly Worth it. If you can get the Original Takara MP-01 i would do that. Its well worth the price.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Yeah it's totally worth it. Personally I like the '07 Movie Leader Prime and Cybertron Prime better but it's a great toy with fun accessories and a good transformation (even if the alt mode leaves something to be desired)

19. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

Aside from my previous post, the Masterpiece prime is a must have if you are a transformers G1 collector. I am sure with patience and prudence you can bag yourself one here or on ebay eventually for a good price. BTW, I wish I had not spent so much for the mp-04 set, but when I look at the trailer on my shelf it just begs me to not sell it.

20. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

Yes he is worth it. I bought MP-04 off of craigslist. When I got to meet the seller he informed me it was missing the Megatron Gun (which I'm still missing btw, PM me if you have it to sell). So anyways, I bought it for $50, which is a deal IMHO.