masterpiece overload?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dwong1207, Jul 17, 2014.

1. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to think bigger isn't better. I'm running out of shelf space and there more big 3p products to come. Maybe i should just stick to classics...like that's gonna happen

2. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

no. keep em coming!

3. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Wasn't overload like a lil semi hauler thing? No thanks

4. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sticking to classics products. That's expensive enough. If I jump down the 3rd party MP rabbit hole, my wallet is as good as dead.

Even though Fanstoys Quakewave is badass in hand.

sticking to Takara MPs for me.

5. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the surprise announcement of FP new dinos and MMC doing the DJD in classics scale I have a lot of reasons to cut back on the MPs. A lot of the other 3P are doing classics scale stuff that looks really good and IDW based designs are a win in my book. Add to that that they eat a lot less space and money and you have a very solid argument to downsize.

6. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I am now into smaller scale too. MMC stuff and fp/px Dinos, and seriously considering stopping mp scale once I finish the ft dinobots.

Oh, and since I am at the airport, i dont have access to my gif pics, but " in before the lock"

7. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Lol! I saw the title and thought this was about an MP headmaster that turns into a cannon for Prime. That *would* eat up a ton of shelf space and money.

8. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

For me, I think an MP collection would actually be more compact than a Classics collection. Some of the new 3P efforts in making MP-scaled figures have been a bit underwhelming (Kronos, Stack), so I'll likely be sticking with official HasTak MPs for now. Hopefully it'll keep my MP collection a little more manageable.

9. PudgyNinja

PudgyNinja Well-Known Member

I want a toy to be big enough to facilitate good detail and interesting engineering. That's it. The appeal of size for the sake of size is something I've never understood.

10. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    MP is sooooo much easier for me than Classics... MP I only want G1, season 1, since that's what I remember most fondly...
    But with Classics, I can convince myself it's ok to buy more, since they are "cheaper" and I end up buying characters I really don't care about, just to be a completist...
    Especially since with Classics, there can be multiple versions... but with MP, it's G1-animated influence takes paramount, which fits my desires best...
    so... that being said, I want 3P to bring on more MP!!!!
    MP Jazz, Trailbreaker, Ironhide, Ratchet, Constructicons, Insecticons, Reflector, and.... FRIGGIN' MEGATRON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D 
    Would LOVE to be done with collecting the TF I want within the next 2 or 3 years.

11. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I was expecting to see a giant articulated Armada Overload.

Son, I am disappoint.

12. T4LIFE

T4LIFE Well-Known Member

I've sold most of classic/chug size recently and have just henkei collection left (will be up for sale soon). My intention is getting rid of all including takhas stuff (except for a few MP) and focus only 3P MP or anything that can fit in today MP scaling. With that being said, i totally understand the feeling when it comes to $$$. It is probably why I got so picky on what I spend now. Glad FP is doing non-MP stuff and any 3P releasing CHUG size cause I dont have to pay attention and just save and focus on anything that G1 homage or atleast IDW - MP size that is.

13. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    We are in a good place right now. A few 3rd Party Masterpiece and a few Takara every year.

14. evilcat005

evilcat005 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just because the figure is big don't mean it's a MP grade figure. MP figure have a lot to live up to. Detail, design, transformation, accuracy, articulation, material, and collectible value. I remember when MP-03 hit the market, it was a amazing to me. The amount of detail, and accuracy to the real F-15, and at the same time it turn to Starscream. It was just great! Sure it have its flaw, but that really is a MP grade figure.

I think most 3rd party out there have the self respect not to call their figure MP class because deep inside they know it, and that was not their intention to begin with. Then again there are those very very few 3rd parties out there use the word MP loosely on their figure just because it scale with MP figure.

15. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Misleading thread title :/

16. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the same problem with space, so I'm mostly sticking with a mixed MP/Classics/3P display. Getting figures as huge as Kronos and Scoria would cause a big problem for me in terms of space, especially in the long run.

I do think the size of MP cars is great so I'll get them all.

17. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

I don't find there to be all that many 3P MPs. There are big ones, yes, but they aren't, for me, MPs just because they're big.

And since the bulk of the characters, 3P or official, should end up around the same height as the cars - I don't think the MPs are all that big anyway. Heck, my Classics take up a lot more room than my MPs, and my Alternators take up more than either!

18. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    Is misleading :sly2: 

19. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

I got the same goals.
    Except no matter how hard I try I can't give up on classics. Too many good stuff so

MP Scale = Season 1 only
    Classics = Anything that looks cool....(shit there's too many)

Wrong thread?...or policing?

20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Shelf space is limited so swap to a line that has 5, 6 (maybe more) times the amount of figures available?

Makes perfect sense! I gotta be honest though, I'm thinking of scaling back to just season 1 MP again.....with combiners.