Masterpiece MP-54 Reboost (Red Diaclone Honda City "Skids" repaint)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sam, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I think you guys have it wrong. Wasn’t Spin-Out the cook? I think Cordon was the one that lost his memory.

2. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Email from BBTS saying Reboost (and Skids) are delayed to July '22.

3. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    They must be getting their inventory from Hasbro then.
    Better order directly from Asia.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Yeah, I got the same email, and it specifically states the information came from Hasbro.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

I wasn't planning on getting this, but seeing him I'm kind of regretting it. Was already planning on painting Skids thight silver, but perhaps a swap with Reboost would be nicer: Skids gets his silver legs, while Reboost is more red and blue.

But I wouldn't know what to do with the figure beyond that. And I never liked any of these new characters done by TT. Back in the e-hobby days I could get behing the new bios, but these MP releases...nope.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The thigh swap was my original intention, but I honestly think I'm going to prefer to keep Reboost intact as it is. My attachment to Skids was really with his G1 toy, and despite the hybrid design, MP Skids has a head sculpt and color palette that leans more to the cartoon. Reboost has the nicer Diacloney details, and I don't think I want to jack that up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah Cordon was the cook, but also lost his memory! :)  From Soundwavesoblivion...

MP-42 Cybertron Reserve Trooper Cordon
    Function: Reserve Trooper
    Motto: “My body knows best.”
    After an indiscretion he was a convicted Cybertron. Due to the nature of his misdemeanour he was not imprisoned but sent to a planet with a new human settlement and ordered to carry out community service. Despite his seemingly youthful appearance and immaturity, surprisingly he has a wide range of talent, excelling at everything he takes on. Among other things his cooking for humans is unrivalled. His long forgotten past is linked to these abilities.

Spinout has memory issues too! :) 

• Like Like x 3
  8. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Ah, I bet I'm thinking of Spinout's role in Of Masters and Mayhem, where the character became ranking officer after the rest of his regiment was killed. In that story, his literal function was the cook. Prior to the MP release, that was the only thing I knew about him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Read those translations man! Even as toilet reads they’re a short and interesting look into a really obscure corner of G1 lore.

Also like the dude’s page and comment on something. Sites like TFW get tons of traffic from kids and new fans alike. But the real contributors to the TF communities need some interaction too.

I mean this sincerely. Soubdwavesoblivion.com deserves MUCH more traffic that it’s getting.

Go check out some of J’s articles. He’s a fantastic commentator on the tf brand as a whole and on the MP line as well… even if he isn’t as toon orientated as I am :p 

• Like Like x 7
  10. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Yes, I've referred to those translations many times-- good stuff! I think the Fun Publication's story just crossed-up the bios in my head. You'd think the two shared a mold or something.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FD3S

FD3S 3rd Generation RX-7

Gimme all of that Hasui-esque MP goodness. Can't wait for this one, I've missed this aesthetic so, so much. It feels like a breath of fresh air after the recent deluge of releases that were purely cartoon oriented :D 

• Like Like x 2
  12. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 生死有命,富貴在天

News Credits:
    Y'know, I wonder if TakaraTomy on their own would have selected the old unused Hasbro name "Spinout" for red Sunstreaker had Fun Publications not gotten there first in 2016.

But interestingly, Fun Publications naming black Skids as "Burn Out" the Diaclone mecha actually dovetails with the Masterpiece bio storyline of Cordon and Spinout.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  14. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  15. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Transformation video.

• Like Like x 2
  16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course, the reason these e-Hobby and Diaclone characters have such wild and distinctive bios is because they're highly unlikely to feature heavily in any major fiction going forward, so they try extra hard to make them memorable with just a few sentences. And that usually entails some extreme exaggeration to make them stand out.

17. jackisking

News Credits:
  18. jackisking

News Credits:
  19. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
  20. aniline

aniline Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DeepL translation:
    box text
    □A mechanical city boy!
    The new Cybertron warrior "Citadel Guardian Reboost," who transforms into the Honda City R, a compact car that graced the 1980s, is a quasi-collaborative original character commemorating the 40th anniversary of the City's birth.
    The robot design is based on the red version of the "Car Robot No. 6 Honda City R" from the Transformers' predecessor, the "Diaclone" series, and just like the actual car, the red body is the representative image color of the Car Robot City R, and was the main focus of commercials and publicity at the time. The red body, which was the main color in the commercials and publicity at the time, has been made into a masterpiece using today's technology, and is a tribute item.
    In terms of character, this Reboost was set up as "a warrior who was transformed into a super-robotic life form by uniting with the Honda City R, a real-life car from Earth.
    The name "Reboost" means "re-acceleration" or "re-sparking", and is also used to refer to rejuvenation and uplift.
    The name "Reboost" means re-acceleration and re-sparking, and can also be used to describe rejuvenation and uplift. Named in anticipation of the further development of the Masterpiece series, we hope that everyone will support the activities of Reboost!

instruction manual text
    HONDA CITY-R
    The story of how Reboost came to meet the Honda City-R is truly a strange one.
    He was once a surveillance satellite-type robot belonging to the Cybertron Exoplanet Support Unit.
    For a man who had spent so much time in space, joining the garrison of the allied planet Engali was the ground mission of his dreams, and defending the citadel of a noble city seemed like a calling.
    After a while, he received an unexpected offer from the local House of Lords. As a ritual to strengthen the alliance, he was asked to marry the heir of a famous family.
    The system of marriage between the Engallians, who have eight different genders, was complicated and bizarre, but he hit it off with one of the partners, Melai, and agreed to this formal marriage.
    However, the nobles had their sights set on his unique abilities from the start, and a great struggle broke out between the rival lords over them.
    He was attacked, knocked unconscious, and transferred to a research facility on another planet. When he wakes up, his body has been disassembled, and the extracted life center, called <Component X>, is being examined and analyzed.
    He secretly infiltrated the facility's network and gathered information, learning that it was a division of the <Marlboor> Corporation, which had colluded with Engali's treacherous forces, and that Merai and her companions were safe and had been united with other nobles.
    One relationship was over, but he was about to meet another. It was the specification data of a red Honda City R, a car from Earth that he had found in the enemy spy information.
    At first glance, he felt that this was the only way to use his ground vehicle mode, and he decided to make an escape mission to Earth.
    While distracting the enemy with his holomatter avatar, he converted himself into a motocompo-type self-propelled device, transferred from the facility's ground bridge to a warp gate in the solar system, and stuck to a cargo ship from Pluto to finally reach Earth.
    At that moment, his destination area was under attack by the Destrons, and the human city was in danger. He rushed to the exhibition hall he had checked out, and finally merged with City R, whom he had met!
    City R, who had become a super-robotic life form by injecting nanovectors and implanting a life core, transformed into a Cybertron warrior and quickly defeated the Destrons.
    Thus, City R and Reboost underwent a spectacular rebirth and became the new guardians of the city.

REBOOST
    〇Role: ...... Citadel Guardian
    〇Motto: ...... "Every city is crazy and beautiful".
    〇profile
    After a long space mission and hardships on another planet, Reboost is now a provisional member of Cybertron City on Earth, and is enjoying the springtime of his life with a new vehicle mode and a city to protect.
    He has built friendships through his cheerful social nature and various hobbies, such as driving people around, taking multi-spectrum photos of the scenery, and hand-knitting psi-fiber. He quickly made friends with many of the Cybertrons, including Adams.
    However, he tends to clash with Tailgate, who consider Earth's machines to be living beings.
    He has several armaments, each specialized for city defense. His medium-sized but long-range laser gun can fire a series of super-focused laser-dot rounds that can penetrate targets 150 kilometers above the surface, and his rocket pods' projectiles create a thick fog that alters the atmospheric composition in a 300-meter radius, dampening energy weapons.
    And the short-range weapon, the double laser gauntlet, projects destructive solid light that tracks the enemy while avoiding people and buildings, and can also become a double-bladed energy blade.
    Component X, a self-propelled version of his original personal component, can be used in conjunction with his holomatter avatar to perform advanced reconnaissance and sabotage operations, and can also be used to recover Reboost's life core and provide shelter.
    His special ability, <the Boost Key>, has the ability to reactivate organic and inorganic biological functions, and can temporarily increase the energy and vitality of himself and others to boost morale and revive from suspended animation, but due to his lack of medical knowledge and the randomness of its effects, its use is limited.

• Like Like x 7