Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DukeFett, Nov 26, 2019.

1. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    One screw driver and two drops of super glue.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Or a little Energon and a lot of luck.

• Like Like x 10
  3. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Oh I know of the fix and haven't needed to do it. My sentiment remains. It's still up to us to make the knees work properly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 5
  5. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    They fixed the knees in so far as they're no longer broken. They're just a bit of an unnecessary faff.

6. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Anybody interested he's a little bit more about $210 shipped but Amazon is giving 1900 points back

7. hemill

hemill Well-Known Member

My copies' waist swivel is so loose that it teeters around like a bobble head and moves at the slightest touch. Anyone else experience this or have a potential solution?

Attached Files:

8. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    As much as I love my MP 44 , he’s strictly a display piece . I honestly feel The mold is great , just way , way over engineered. I think Takara really wanted to “ break the mold “ when it came to his transformation, which they definitely did . It unfortunately came with other costs though. For as problematic as the knees are , they can be fixed , but as always , we the consumer shouldn’t have to fix 200 / $400 + figures . I really hope they get there shit together soon . Especially for V2 Starscream .

• Like Like x 1
  9. Predaking1973

Predaking1973 Well-Known Member

I was right about to pull the trigger on this but after reading all the bad reviews about the knees and wobbly waist I think not!! I've been buying mostly 3rd party MP Decepticons lately so lost touch with Takara MP bots for a few years. Pretty sad how far Takara has fallen on the premium quality that was supposed to be the masterpiece line!!

10. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Not sure if I got lucky or if it's hit and miss, but the waist on mine seems to be fine and I've been posing him a ton.

All the posing in this one was without a stand (it's the last bunch in the set that really have posing with the waist).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna go on and say it... MP44 knees work perfectly fine after the fix; yep, they do. The knees can be bent with a just a pinky with no probs. Sure, I would prefer it to work out of the box, but that's just the life of a consumer. Shout out to those who didn't catch it in time; I can imagine that being a deal breaker. For me and others though, the "fix" was no different than replacing SScreams hands or Ironhides hip panels.

I know what some would say; "we shouldn't have to xyz... $500.00 fig". Here's the unfortunate reality; "should and shouldn't" just don't apply in the consumer world. Exploding phones, hackable vehicles, mansions disappearing in sink holes, "red ring" of death, 100gig fiber optic Internet that breaks evertime someone farts; some of this shit is trail and error when it rolls out to the public. "Will and won't" are more realistic. We will have expensive products with issues, especially when mass produced. The more complex something is, the higher the chances something will go wrong, ESPECIALLY when its a plastic/metal toy. I hate to face that reality as a collector, but I understand what I'm in for.

I understand that a lot of youngsters were being told some bullshit about the real world for the past few decades, like everything is "peaches and cream"; then they see that it isn't for themselves and freak out about everything (not their fault, really. The "participation trophy" era ruined realistic expectations; poor bastards). But, here's some advice from a fellow GenX'er (and someone who has been on the "customer service" end several times); expect the unexpected. "Unexpected" meaning some infuriating bullshit. Chances are, even if you get a house built from scratch, you're gonna have to make adjustments yourself; and that's the most expensive thing most of us will ever own.

This was not an attack on Millennials or after, I really do think you guys were dealt the short stick in terms of reality. I personally think its f***ed up; my lil bros suffer from this. Can't tell them kats jack shit!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:

Dude c’mon most of the people complaining here aren’t millennials or younger. It’s the fucking Gen Xers And older who complain the loudest.

this whole myth of “millennials are raised believing they can get anything and be anything and deserve everything” applies to every post-war generation not just millennials. It’s not a generational thing, it’s a people thing.

Fact is we get what we pay for. You want goods made cheaply by underpaid labourers so you can keep the costs down, this is the quality we get. Imagine how much a Made In Japan MP-44 would cost.

• Like Like x 9
  13. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So why would we have to be careful about it when that feature is supposed to make it work properly all by itself?
    It's like you have an automatic door but help it shut itself...

I agree, the fix makes the knees work perfectly as intended. But there are so many other issues that I won't agree with the rest of what you say. It's like you agree to buy things that will have issues anyway. Some figures have no issues whatsoever and are way cheaper than MP-44 so why can't TT do it?

• Like Like x 2
  14. artimus prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    ?

15. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

What he means to say is that the figure should come in perfect condition without needing fixes.

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    It’s a reasonable expectation but since 2017 I can’t in full confidence, recommend being a 1st run adopter any longer. It was tempting with MP-49 but I’d only recommend preordering any new MP if you’re willing to try and fix it on your own should any issues arise.

17. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Heh....You tell me.

I only preordered two times in my life MPs, and thankfully they turned out ok. And even then one of them due to logistics errors, end up been a second run :lol :lol 

I am not ordering anything unless I read some reviews first. That has cost me certain great pieces (such as FTs Astrotrain, in fact I dont own any FT probably because of this), but I ve seen some shitty things, so I remain firmly on the no preorders camp.

If they run a second run and the fixes are implemented then I am all game. Better safe than sorry.

18. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper And awaaaaaay we go!

News Credits:
    Oooh fun! More masterpiece Problems!

19. artimus prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm still tempted... if this release follows most of the recent ones and drops in price a lot. I kinda want to take it apart and give him the paintjob I mentioned earlier. I think a lot of the looseness is because of missing paint. The knee redo is my only concern. I wonder if it's possible to put MP-44's knee assembly into MP-49.

20. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    Yeesh, MP line is turning into hot Petro-Rabbits poo. I've been holding off on the OP 3.0 molds until some sort of running fix is made. There's no excuse for this.

MP-10 keeps looking better all the time now.

• Like Like x 2