Masterpiece MP-33 Inferno

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Glad you like em, I have Tracks his Alt mode is sweet! Everything else, not so much. No way in hell I'm spending a dime on Ironhide/Ratchet, they look terrible IMO of course. With this, I'll have to wait and see. If I like what I see then he's bought, if not, then the Xtransbots version looks promising as well.

2. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    Yea based on the scale chart. Looks like he is about seeker height. Which is to small for me. I still may get this just to support the Mp line. (Maybe) but X-Transbots I'm sure will be the one for my Mp Inferno. The bigger the better for me for my masterpiece Inferno. And if someone ever made one bigger then prime, I would get it.

3. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    We better get a Hauler this time around...

Also more Decepticons.

But mostly Hauler.

4. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    Isn't Hauler and Autobot?

5. Mabus

Mabus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If his fire engine alt mode is in scale to the other carbots then I'm not too worried about his height as it should all be relative.

Whilst I'm ssuming some people are going to worry that because he is holding MP14+ that that means Inferno is going to be a + as well, but more likely I think TT is using 14+ rather than plain old 14 because he is the newer release and it gives 14+ additional advertising.

Inferno's transformation and design should be straight forward enough. The original toy and Generations voyager figures nailed them on the head pretty well, all TT need to do is make it more fluid, articulate and poseable. People may complain about Ironhide's, but his is the best attempt yet at G1 Ironhide, the Generations version couldn't pull it off without an incredibly awkward transformation and even then a lot was left to be desired.

Best bit about this is Grapple is likely due to the remolding opportunity :D 

6. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Yes, he is. I'm saying I wish for more Decepticons, but at least make my waiting worthwhile with an Autobot that(For some reason) got past up in the Classics line.

7. Bozo

Bozo Autobot Knight Corps

No Megatron. No Jazz. And they bring out this Inferno. Not that interested really. Will consider their Grapple as I already brought MMC Backdraft. This kind of trolling only makes 3rd parties hesitant to release Jazz. So we all gonna be at the mercy of Takara for when they decide to release Jazz if ever. I say buy 3rd party Infernos just to tell third parties we are willing to support a Jazz no matter official or not.

8. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    OK gotcha.

9. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    Assuming this comes out the end of the year, that means it will have been OVER 2 YEARS since we have had a standard sized S1 carbot release (Wheeljack). What has happened to Hound, Sunstreaker, Mirage and Jazz :( 

I'm curious why you'd want an Inferno that's clearly out of scale with the standard MP scale. All hail the holy scale chart!

10. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well technically Magnus and Hot Rod as well as Rodimus are Movie not season three. Have we actually had any officials that were introduced during the third season?
    The legs in Maketoys vehicle mode were still a little obvious for me but I am interested in the upsized KO as a cheaper alternative. XTB seems to have nailed the look and I love what they've been doing design wise but QC is always a concern. MMC just wasn't quite there for me either.
    I'm normally pretty crazy when it comes to scale but Inferno is one I think should be taller so XTB has that.
    I think it will come down to TT prototype shots to decide.

11. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I bet you the reason we don't have Jazz is licencing. They rejected it back in Alternators, I can't see any reason they'd go for it now.

But yes, its good they're hesitant! Maybe they'll move away from all this volatile MP stuff and back to Classics where I might actually buy stuff

12. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    Because the scale chart is a bit ridiculous to me. And I don't really care for it. I know the scale on these will never be realistic, I'm not asking for that. But Inferno should be at least primes height if not a bit bigger. Just like the seekers should be bigger. Imo a head taller than mp10. I just prefer it to be that way. And the one that comes closer to that is getting my money and be my Mp Inferno.

13. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love this if it's true!

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy crap, a possible MP Inferno?!?

Damn.

15. marksmith85

marksmith85 Leader of Petro-rabbits

Coolest!

Was one of my fav figures I had when I was growing up so cant wait for this to come out.

Just wish they would make some G1 Season 1\2 Deceptions as I still think they are pretty bare on that front but apart from combiners (which I can see them doing anytime soon) I cant think of anybody left to release.

16. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

It's straight from the TT Mall site.

17. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There should probably be a whole new thread discussing the HOLY SCALE CHART (tm). Maybe there is and I've missed it.

My issue with scale is this:

Either:

a) Most Transformers don't mass-shift*
    In which case the scale chart is wrong and was made up arbitrarily based on a compromise between toy sizes and the ability for characters to interact on-screen without towering over each other. This means that vehicle scale is king and the robot sizes are based on that. Seeker 3x the height of an Autobot car? Cool! Explains why they manage an even fight even when severely outnumbered by Autobots.

Note that, as far as I'm aware, there is NO cannon that says Grapple or Jazz or Optimus mass-shifts.

b) All Transformers mass-shift
    A convenient catch-all that lets you get away with any robot size you like... But begs the question why any Transformer would chose to mass-shift to be smaller than they should be.

c) All alt-modes are whacky sizes!
    Miniture VWs? Great disguise! Small F-15s? Sure, why not... Just be careful when you squeeze into the cockpit. ;-)

* It's canon that the likes of Megatron and Soundwave mass-shift or at least obviously change size when they transform.

So yeah, I chose the wrong hobby!

In other words - the bigger the better as far as Inferno is concerned. :) 

18. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know.

But between Optimus Primal, Star Saber, Hot Rod and Laserwave they certainly aren't afraid to do MP without real world alt modes.

I just want Kup.

Problem is, by far the most logical next season 3 character to hit for them would be Galvatron. While I'd be happy to look at a Takara Galvatron, it's raining Galvatrons at the moment and I'm content with my DX-9 version. If someone knowcks it out of the park I'll upgrade- but I'm set there.

19. bonewire

bonewire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really wanted the next MPs to be either Jazz or Sunstreaker. I had heard that this and Grapple were next but I was holding out hope.

20. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I speculated about an MP Inferno in the MP Speculation thread.

I hope he's licensed, but at the very least he has to be painted. I need a great red paint job like Ironhide on him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.