Masterpiece MP-33 Inferno

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Oooh, now we're posting hot, smexy inner thigh shots? #TFThighFetish

2. ScorponockG1

ScorponockG1 Headmaster

Ugh. He's cool I guess, but when are we getting more important (by that I mean main) characters? I've been waiting for Galvatron ever since MP-09's announcement. Not his release, his ANNOUNCEMENT. Seriously, him and an updated Megs would be nice.

3. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So who's gonna post pics of the inside thighs of Ultra Magnus, Tracks, Ironhide, Shockwave and Hot Rod so we can all see how mind blowingly, paradigm shiftingly, jarringly different they look? That'll show this vision change once and for all... Oh wait - they all look about the same. :)  With the exception of Hot Rod, but he's just gotta have those nice clean boots.

4. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    damn. that was gangsta.

5. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great post :thumb 

Tracks I've said all along is similarly detailed to previous MPs...so I've never had any issue with him (which is why I don't really see this as a Hasui vs Kobayashi thing). Shockwave does have some inner leg panel lining which I have to admit, I hadn't even noticed until now...probably because the panel lining is very thin in comparison to the samples by Deltacepticon. But Ironhide\Ratchet? You think Ironhide\Ratchet have equivalent detailing in their inner legs? Really? Inferno here has none at all, or very thin panel lining that can't be seen behind the glass.

6. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I can only imagine the meltdowns that will occur when we get a clean lined uber movie accurate Galvatron. It will be a sight to behold.

7. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    I didn't say 'all people' and I was replying to a statement that said.. and I quote

So I was replying in direct form to his statement. Context is important. Please try reading both the post and the one it quoted.

I got news for you... Reading is fundamental. Please try it before trying to be a snarky ass.

8. flynnibus

Ebay:
    Exactly... because I was responding to someone making a statement claiming 'people are doing...'

I love Ultra Magnus... lack of paint doesn't bother me at all.. but when we say 'finish' what drives me insane on that figure is the lock of attention to detail on the quality (spur marks, etc).
    Precisely... I had to LOL when the previous poster tried to use hotrod, shockwave, ratchet as illustration of what 'precedent' was.. the entire point was it has changed in recent figs and he cites recent figs. I lol'd

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  9. flynnibus

Ebay:
    Please read the post - I didn't say 'all people' I was replying to a statement saying

"People are actually complaining that he looks TOO MUCH LIKE THE TOON CHARACTER, which is the GOAL OF THE LINE IN THE FIRST PLACE?!"

I was using the same pronoun used by the previous poster because I was referring to the same group of individuals.

Reading is fundamental.

10. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Magnus's sprue marks annoy me as well (though not so much in person). The second run though seems to have fixed those problems.

11. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You might not be so deluded but many of the guys bemoaning this slight style change place it at Ultra Magnus, which is rubbish but allows them to do just that - pretend it's a Hasui vs. Kobayashi thing.

Ironhide's legs may not be deliberately greebled up but they are still plenty busy enough - the main flat area of the inner calf is broken by a strong sculpted line down the middle (not part of his animation model by the way) plus a split, another line right at the front and some lovely ejector pin circles :) . The knee area has that vent detailing even though that area has that big hinge, and the foot is all detailed van kibble and toe bits. There's plenty going on and the clean area is a relief imho. You really think that needed some random greeble pasted on?

Sometimes less is more. I find the restraint with random added greeble and lines quite bold and interesting personally. Plenty going on with real edges, splits, seams, hinges etc that some smooth surface looks clean and refined. Like they've added some faring to cover up all that crap :) . But even Ironhide has his share greeble - just look at inside his arms and hip panels, top of his torso, small of his back, the neck extension, etc etc. Inferno will have his share I'm sure.

12. flynnibus

Ebay:
    It's all a range... you can have too little, you can have too much.

Many of the 3P designs have WAY too much going on (just like the Baybots did).. but I think the new design going on in TT figures is going too far 'screen accurate'.

If we were just making Legends figures or something.. ok.. but I want a MASTERPIECE line.. and as you move up the line in a model/figure product line you're supposed to get greater quality, greater detailing, better materials, etc.

Personal preference.. but in my head a real life tranformer would not be simple flat panels.. and I expect more than we are seeing in recent figs.. but not as much as you see in some of these 3Ps..

13. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    I can't wait till Megatron 2.0 happens and people complain that he has too much flat color on his lower half with straight silver upper thighs and curved black lower legs with no random detailing to spice it up.

14. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sculpted non-toon detail isn't absent from Tracks...

[​IMG]

Or from Ultra Magnus...

[​IMG]

Or from Ironhide...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sure, it's not as prevalent on Ironhide's legs, and some areas of detail are hidden inside panels (as is the case on other MP figures). The way some people talk about the "100% toon" direction, it's like they're overlooking the sculpted detail that's still a part of these figures. Just because some characters don't have detail in the same places as others doesn't mean it's been completely abandoned.

I haven't opened Shockwave or Hot Rod yet, so they're not included in this post. Perhaps someone else can fill in on those.

I'll wait until I have Inferno in-hand and can fully appreciate him before I make any call on the extent of the line's overall changes in design details. I'm still viewing this on a case-by-case basis as all characters have something different from the others.
    [​IMG]

15. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Magnus and Tracks are fine detail-wise. I actually agree with you on that point. The divide to me starts with Ironhide. I actually would have liked some panel lining (greeble...whatever you want to call it) all around his lower legs and thighs. Nothing extensive, just a few tasteful lines here and there to break up the surface. That, to me, would have been consistent with what we've seen in prior MPs. I can somewhat buy into the 'it suits Ironhide to not have it' argument, but that holds no water with Inferno. It really is personal preference I guess, and I can accept that we simply differ on taste.

Again, Tracks and Magnus are fine. I'm not sure anyone has made the argument that they lacked detail? I surely haven't. Ironhide on the other hand, as you said, the majority of what detail he has is hidden and will likely never be seen. That inner leg detail for example is actually quite nice and would have been great on the inside of that panel when shown in robot mode. Instead, the panel is flat and hides the detail that is there.

16. agentcastle

agentcastle crotchimus prime

i agree that the 3Ps tend to add too much detail whereas inferno's legs would look better with some/any detailing, but in TT's defense, it better reflects the source material which was their goal (i assume, otherwise it'd be one hell-uvah coincidence)...

luckily for us there are 4 options (maybe more by the time i post) - i anticipate this being the cheapest and closest to what im looking for... but im old as shit and too much flair gives me the runs...

17. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    Man, I'm more impressed that they managed to hide the ladder in robot mode. Just as TT turned what some would consider an impossible task (Ironhide's animation model) into a fully working, convertible toy, with the only sacrifice being a bit of hip kibble, whereas the 3P options have tons of non-show kibble (like Voodoo having windshield feet and yuuuge backpacks with half their vehicle mode on the back). That to me is the spirit of MPs, turning designs like that into awesome toys. And if they did something no 3P Inferno could pull off, I'll be all the more impressed.

18. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We may be less impressed once we see what the ladder looks like in alt mode. Or come to find out it's some clever partsforming like Shockwave's backpack cover. It'll be interesting to see for sure.

19. supafly

supafly Banned

I'll be impressed when the first page of this thread has updated pictures instead of the teaser shadow pic.

20. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

Reprolabels has started to make some 3d stickers, such as the faction emblems and Rodimus' tire treads. They should start making embossed detailing for these newer mp figure's legs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.