Masterpiece MP-33 Inferno

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Absolutely, I'm not saying it's unreasonable to want updated designs/detailing at all. My point is merely aimed at those saying 'ppl don't want slavish cartoon' when it's simply not true at all. Plenty of ppl loving what they see in this thread alone.

2. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    This is what I meant by "drive-by posting from 3P fans who don't like official very much". This is why we can't have civil discussions...

I mean, we get it, you people have this bizarre disdain for products from the people who actually make the licensed toys, but is the sheer amount of snark and sarcasm necessary? Since you people only ever post to knock down the Hasbro/TT stuff a few pegs.

3. supafly

supafly Banned

It's opinions. People are not being rude by posting their personal opinion about a figure.

Also,

[​IMG]

4. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Really, you could just go about your business, let me post my opinion once and be out....or in your words, let a 'driveby' just be a driveby, son. Instead you get caught up in your feelings and shit and now instead of just driving by, now I'm all stopped and backing up...

5. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

6. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    On the internet no less! Don't let the metaphoric wordplay go to your head :thumb 

7. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Boy this thread escalated quickly ! Gangs an drive bys ?! Sheesh people , it's just a toy for gods sake !

8. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Funny - talking like a gansta' on a Transformers forum. I wonder if there's also a suitable "one does not simply" meme for this occasion.

Anyway, if it's anything like Ironhide and Ratchet I'm in for the Grapple repaint.

9. DoubleYouTeeEff

DoubleYouTeeEff Well-Known Member

It still is that way. Just because the current crop looks more cartoonish because of their design doesn't mean they're making it more cartoonish. The previous ones only look more lavish is because of their actual car designs made them that way. The current stuff are of actual design too just that they don't have all that fancy design from their alt mode like Iron Hide, Ratchet and Shockwave. They were plain to begin with so they ended up plane in bot mode. So I don't get why people say Takara is changing directions. It's just the previous MPs were more detailed because of what their alt mode is.

10. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There's plenty of people who do like the direction of the line and there's plenty of people who don't like the direction. Neither one is correct in their feelings; everyone's just throwing their opinions down there.

I think it has to do with when you came in on the line also. I came in late but by buying a Walmart Starscream that had incredible paint detailing in alt mode. I know that was a US release and there's basically nothing like it, but it's how I came into it, and I like the ones that eschew in that direction also.

Tons of people came in on MP-10 and MP-12/13/17-19 and liked the look that part of the line went for. I'm not like some 3P fanboy because I like real world detailing, I like it because there were official releases that had them.

11. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I came in on MP-01 way back in 2003. Iv seen this line drag out ,then pick up , then change its direction a few times. An I'm still here. If you don't like the ride , then get off.

12. Rfour

Rfour Well-Known Member

My only question is why Takara feels the need to stray towards this animation plus line when dozens upon dozens of characters have already proven successful (and made what this line is today) with the old design ethos.

13. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Unless we are provided with accurate sale numbers, for all we know, the new style is selling more than the previous.

Kobayashi is only a designer, he doesn't really have a say on what Takara does.

What do we know? Maybe His "style" has proven more successful than the previous one.

The only fact we know of, is that the line is now heading in a different direction, like it or not.

14. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I think it's less about more or less successful and more about is the line comtinuing to do well? Do people like these designs? Do they continue buying them in the same or greater numbers? I think the fact that we are getting more non exclusive releases points to the line being quite healthy. The fact that MP22 got another run suggests to me that the figure was well recieved despite all the complaints people on these forums have and have had. The fact that Delta Magnus is happening mainline tells me that thus far the Diaclone figures have done well enough for Takara to keep giving them that kind of spotlight.
    Hell the fact that they actually DID Laserwave tells me they're confident enough in the line now to include something that isn a Cybertron nor a licensed car.
    I do also think the designers do have some say. Mp12 happened because Hasui pushed form it. Kobayashi has some say in things as well; Generations Arcee ended up being G1 inspired because Kobayashi convinced Hasbro.

15. Deltacepticon

Deltacepticon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yo, what?

16. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Yeah, the random tech greeblie designs on the inner thighs are definitely not cartoon-accurate, nor do they, IMO, detract from the overall design.

Unrelated: props for rockin' the Reprolabels on your MPs.

17. KOtron

KOtron Well-Known Member

I disagree with this, I think TT always nails the aesthetics. Half of the time 3p stuff up on the head sculpts. more notably FT takes on characters.

Just to name a few. Telsa. Spotter, Willis, forager one of their dinobots..

18. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Factual evidence has no place in this discussion. Damnit, this is the internet!

19. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Like the MOTUC line hasn't changed directions... The POP figures and Filmation in Classics are lesser detailed than the originals in the line...then you have the 200X style that darts in and out on certain figures.

First we got Marzo then it was said no more 200X head or style, then last year we get new heads for He Man when it was flat out said Filmation Hordak wasn't getting a new head because it would clash with being a Classics Hordak, yet it's perfectly OK to pop a 200X He head on Snake Armor HM, then the Laser HM yet another new head, and let's not forget pony tail HM head. Skeletor gets a new head on his Intergalactic body and yet another on his Laser figure...

Using Classics own rules it seemed to quite often, and especially at the end, contradict itself quite often and go against said rules.

Classics is not the line to use as an example of changing...it has changed aesthetically throughout it's run. Some figures are way less detailed, others are super detailed. And you know what...I don't give two shits, they all look fine together, and to be honest, the new line looks good with the old line too because Classics has such a varying amount of added detail to it.

Classics changed with the seasons and figure by figure it seemed.

I don't deny with Inferno, it is clear where the line is going now, but the sky isn't falling it's just now the same people will truly not like the direction even more and be way more vocal about it. In my opinion, the new ones will still fit perfectly with my MP10 through 25, Ironhide looks perfect next to Prime, Magnus, Bee and Prowl on my shelf.

20. KOtron

KOtron Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't see any difference from Shockwaves inner leg panelings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.