Masterpiece MP-30 Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by tomac66, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    He is up on the non-weeb sites too, for those who don't mind paying a bit extra to have him sooner.

2. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is beautiful! But it's going to cost me a fortune. First Ironhide, then Shockwave, then Ratchet. Plus I'm looking for Soundwave. Jeez.

3. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    As someone who's fallen in love with the MP line, I'm anticipating 2016.

Ironhide, Ratchet, Shockwave, Ratchet, Primal, Ramjet, possibly the other coneheads, and who knows what else? I AM GIDDY.

4. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Placed an AE order for this gorgeous MP. Lets party like it's 1984!

5. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Finally, 28 years after my G1 Ratchet was stolen from my backpack in grade 5, I get another Ratchet! And he'll be around my birthday as well. :bday 

I can't wait for this guy, especially now that my Tracks is days away. I don't care about the shoulder logos, I'm just happy he and Ironhide come with sleds and shit loads of gear.

Put me down for an MP-30X comic Rachet as well. William Johnson's art in Warrior School and Repeat Performance is what made me ok with the redesigned Ratchet and Ironhide.

6. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Did u guys pay AE already? If AE ships in april, would I have my PayPal protection for preorders

7. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    AE always asks for payment within 48 hours. So yes I already paid for mine.

8. Gojira101

Gojira101 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wish they'd show if those hip skirt can be angled or something to improve his and Ironhides silhouettes.

9. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although I anticipated a redeco of MP Ironhide to Ratchet will be happening, I certainly was not expecting so soon especially when TTomy just announced MP Hot Rod, Shockwave, or the Ramjet revelation. Looks like 2016 will be busy for MP figures, even my boy MP22 will get reissued in Feb.2016.

In regard to Ratchet, overall he looks a lot better than Ironhide, kind of strange, lol. Even his kibble doesn't look bad compare to poor Ironhide, lol, must be the white on white. The shoulder red cross insignia, it's a good approach by TTomy in diverging the copyright. My only minor regret, I wish they would've made the shoulder Autobot insignia much, much, smaller say the same size as the one on his front cab. That would allow the red cross line to be extended a little bit longer and also does not made the Autobot insignia too much of a distraction.

In short, I will be getting MP Ratchet as my MP Autobots will be needing their medic bot. Also, my Wheeljack will be happy to see his old friend. MP Ironhide, with my lack of space, I may be skipping him for the moment.

10. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because the other 3P offerings were smarter not to put tires on their figure's ass! And having windshields on the back of the arm is just as unattractive as being on the feet. And I don't see hip kibble on their offering.

Look, this is fuckin Takara Tomy. They are suppose to be the cream of the crop when it comes to creating masterpieces. The competition shouldn't even come close. But when 3rd parties have upped their game, and the differences are now minute, or where some 3rd parties are coming up with better designs than TT, then I believe that's where the frustration comes into play. I think it's more of a disappointment....like c'mon TT, you can do better than this.

11. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

With you!:cry 

Doesn't feel right, and to make it worse, they stuck small ones on the sides in vehicle mode. WTF!

And this too

It kills me, they did a great job on the legs, body isnt bad and then all they had to do was add a joint or few hinges to get the hip kibble covering the ass tires and two problems solved. I feel as if someone said, NO STICK TO THIS MANY PARTS and the design suffered. reminds me of the crotch trigger that was never in the original design for megs, nor his weird helmet. (click on my sig)

If this continues, I will be leaning towards 3P over Official.

12. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Punch/Counterpunch was stolen out of my backpack in grade 3. Still waiting on my MP replacement :( 

Super stoked about Ratchet, he'll be next to the Ark bots and MP Hot Rod for come combo G1MTMTE action.

Waiting for the thread to degrade into the same tired arguments about the mold that ruined the MP Ironhide thread.

Opps, too late.

13. giafunk

giafunk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't look like there are anything on the shoulders here. Posted by Daimchoc

[​IMG]

14. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    Maybe they couldn't swivel the hip kibble because of budget? Believe it or not, these toys are all beholden to a very strict design and creation budget. The molds cost thousands upon thousands to make. The more moving parts, the more the design budget is inflated and the more money they need to spend to make the molds.

And then Ratchet would run closer to $150 than $70-$80. Would people REALLY want that when they balk at the standard prices as they are now?

15. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I see your point, and I'm out so much on these figures but I would have rather paid 20 bucks more for a definitive ratchet and Ironhide than a 80% perfect version

How do you copyright, trademark a red plus sign? Should have left autobot stickers and let us paint the red plus. I thought basic shapes couldn't be protected. I know with Rims, they cant protect a spoke design and those can be more intricate than a square cross or plus.

So close . . . WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I do like it better than ironhide, oh well, I may get them both and blow a hole in their chests hoping someone will make a near perfect one.

There are so many posts about official vs 3p do they feel pressure etc. I think these last releases were proof. Some seem rushed in some aspects or cost cutting corners.

I guess it makes sense, in G1, the Ratchet and Ironhide toys were the worst looking bots. Kind of nostalgic. Whatever TT :throw 

16. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
  17. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Windows on the bottoms of the forearms can be posed away, the windows on the feet of the panelforming van can't be. You would figure with all that panelforming those windows could have went somewhere else. I mean, the legs are basically stilts wraped in van panels.

18. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

I know there's trademark or whatever on the red cross symbol, but to me the added bot logo kinda seem out of place.

this might end up the 1st official mp I touchup.

19. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait to get them in hand. I'm more excited about them then the other releases. I think they are both going to be fun to transform. Just wait till Mirage and Hound come out, we can see all the people again post who you never see in the appreciation or speculation threads.

20. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.