Masterpiece MP-30 Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by tomac66, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Ironhide and Ratchet on the show had the boxy, bloated upper torsos and the odd proportions.

It's like people forget that Masterpiece is supposed to be show accurate, then get mad when...things like the aesthetics, design, and proportions are show accurate.

This fandom. :banghead: 

2. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    I'm there already as well. I collected a bunch of 3p, but decided to stop last year. Mostly because of cost and space. I'm often working to focus my collection, and I've been going exclusively with official product. Even then there's a lot to get.

3. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  4. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

C'mon HLJ, list Ratchet for pre-order already.

I do have him preordered at TFS.

5. Sky Shadow

Sky Shadow Well-Known Member

Love. <3 Does anyone know yet if it's possible to transform Masterpiece Ironhide and Ratchet so they have no heads on their shoulders, in order to have a G1 toy-accurate look?

6. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    It appears that the black and silver attachment in this photo:

[​IMG]

(right hand side, third from top)

...will slide over his hand and represent the attachment that replaces his hand in this photo:

[​IMG]

(top right-hand corner / bottom right-hand corner)

Also bottom left in that first photo looks like a hand-drill (he most likely used one at some point, but it may just be a generic design - or even one that Wheeljack used).

I'm actually equally excited that Wheeljack is finally getting some more tools too!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  7. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    I recall MP Ironhide having the goofy toy face in vehicle mode. If you can give them the windshield faces in robot mode, that'd rock.

8. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    While I understand people's complaints about Ironhide's face (the white doesn't photograph well at all), I don't understand how people are complaining about Ratchet's face here. The photos are far too low quality to actually tell what his face looks like. Although from what I can see I think it looks awesome (totally screams Ratchet to me).

I'm glad he has a smiling face so we can finally act out the never-seen 'party-boy' side of his personality. :D 

9. Omega Riz

Omega Riz Well-Known Member

Yep, Jazz will be the last.
    It's just good business to save the best till last to hold in as many people for possible for as long as possible.
    Megatron is probably the same.
    It is definitely a gamble for 3rd parties now for what they release. I know people don't think TT care about 3rd parties, however I do wonder why we are getting a huge run of characters?
    Is it just that the line is a "proven success" and they have now been given the green light to go full steam ahead?
    I assume that is the reason and like many of us believe, most characters have already been designed and can now be released pretty much a month at a time from each other :) 
    I also assume that when they get a license to do a character that the license does not have a time restraint attached to it, hence why I think Sunstreaker was done and dusted when the license was obtained, he just hasn't been released yet. Makes sense to me, why pay for a license twice and risk having to pay more due to its success or having a company turn around and say "no" meaning they can't complete what they started.

10. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Technically, they're not supposed to be anything but a mix of media and toy. Some of the newer ones lean much closer to the toon, but still the MP line isn't supposed to be toon accurate, it never was set out to be. I mean, Ironhide and Ratchet make kind of sense since the toy was nothing like the toon, and other media is pretty much the same as the toon, they really don't have much else to use as a guide.

11. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Just a little shot of how Ratchet should scale to the seekers:

[​IMG]

12. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YES!!!!

Like others have said, we knew this would be coming. I wasn't sure how soon we'd see it.

Ratchet's looking good, can't wait to have the two of them standing with my other Autobots. I love the variety of tools he comes with, and the heart monitor insert is a great touch!

Also - MP-30!!! We're moving up and at the rate TT is putting these out, it won't be long before we're at MP-38 which should fittingly be Megatron v2. :D 

13. Zaibach

Zaibach Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm completely fine with him. I was hoping it wouldn't take too long after Ironhide to get him. At this rate me may just get one MP a month next year. I'm excited :D .

14. Chareos

Chareos Needs New Omnibots

News Credits:
    Thanks, this video made my day!

15. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I think they should have just left his shoulders blank... half the time that was how it was on the show.

Just looked online, and sometimes he even only had the cross on the left shoulder, kinda like Optimus.

16. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    The thing about Ratchet is that real world ambulances almost never use the red plus sign on their paint jobs. All ambulances I see either just have white, red, blue markings or have the Star of Life on the sides.

Not once have I seen an EMS with a Red Cross or an EKG reading.

17. Sixliner

Sixliner AKOS One

Ebay:
    looks about the same size if you take perspective into account

18. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Wow, look at that. It's the best representation of Ratchet with leaner limbs, it's the closest an animation cell of him to the MP. I was always aware that Ratchet was tall but it was a bit shocking to actually see a true height comparison. To know something and to understand something are quite different. It takes a bit of getting use to.

19. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Right, so why include it at all?

I don't like this solution, and I most likely will be trying to find a way to fix it to be more toon. It would be nice if their red cross version was just a clear sticker so we at least had an option.

Hopefully this will come off easily with some Iso Alcohol...

Not sure if Reprolabels will come in to save the day either...

20. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Uh oh.

The show accurate group of people are gonna go crazy when they notice the Autobot symbol over the red plus signs.

I don't mind the Autobot symbol over the red plus sign so it's fine with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.