Masterpiece MP-09, MP-10, and forwards

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JJohnson, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Ah, MP speculation again, I can't keep away :)  I'll just copy n paste my usual blah from previous threads...

My 2 pence.. .as I've said in other MP "what if" threads, I think Masterpieces are G1 & "leader" orientated (repaints excepted), so a Rodimus Prime - not Hot Rod - and Galvatron could happen.

Soundwave would also fit, but it would have to be a very accurate and more-complex-than-expected figure to justify it, IMHO. Grimlock certainly doesn't appear overly complicated, and look how many people are bitching about the price/complexity thing; and while I don't agree (I preodered him as soon as HLJ got the page up), I think it is a fair expectation that a Masterpiece figure should be fairly complex, if only in order to be as accurate, detailed and articulated as possible.

Shockwave may be another outside bet. MP triplechangers would also rock hard (well, the Decepticon ones anyway), but they're not "leader" characters, and possibly a bit too niche. Doubt we'd see the likes of Jazz or Prowl, as they have Binaltech toys, and IIRC there was a statement, back in the mists of time, that the G1 car robot characters with BT toys wouldn't also get the MP treatment.

Bumblebee might be another leftfield choice, tho he certainly wouldn't be a scale VW (licensing issues) and would presumably be BT-sized. But he would be very a recognisable character for both old and recent fans, and so most likely a good seller - especially if Takara can pick a decent small car for the alt mode. Repaint potential too.

2. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

The one I'd choose and a most likely candidate for the masterpiece treatment is Soundwave and cassettes Rumble and LaserBeak

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I'd actually really like a Hot Rod MP figure, I'm quite fond of him since one of my early exposures to G1 was the movie (before the DVDs came out, my local video store had 3 tapes: More than meets the Eye, the movie, and Five faces of darkness xD).

I'd also love Soundwave of course. He'd have to come with a "Masterpiece" Rumble, Ravage, and/or Laserbeak though.

Shockwave would be great.

Any of the Insecticons would be epic, and so would Blurr.

And of course a Masterpiece Wheelie would just rock =P

I also require "armor" to make a better Magnus, because otherwise I'm not gonna buy him lol

4. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

Twin Twist or the drill Powerdasher!
    :bay 

Not really.

11. Galvatron, with speech from the movie (Japanese for takara release/English for hasbro),light up fusion cannon, maybe a large pvc of Rodimus from issue #67 of the old marvel comics?, and chain for the Matrix that comes with...

10. Rodimus Prime, trailer is fully incorporated into the robot mode,has rubber tires, opening cockpit (that fits Spike & Daniel minifigs?), and has an opening chest that fits a light up Matrix.

Takara could also do a lucky draw 'lava bath' Galvatron.

5. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Transmetal 2 Megatron

6. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

I personaly would love it if VW would pull their heads out of their butts and start licensing negotiations with Hasbro and Takara and just let us have a proper Bumblebee... Masterpiece or otherwise. God knows that car sales are in the toilet in the US, I'm sure that VW might like a share of the potential financial windfall that a G1 accurate Bumblebee would generate.

7. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Hot Rod/Rodimus pleeeeeeease:bowdown: 

8. MegaCepticon

MegaCepticon Well-Known Member

I would really like to see a Masterpiece UNICRON!!!

9. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    I can careless which character TT decides on. The MP line are coming out way too slow for me. If they were to come out like 2-3/yr, I would have put all my focus on that than the other crap they come up with.

10. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Perhaps VW may be already changing their policy. One of their subsidiary companies Audi has a car in ROTF ( Sideways ) so if they're OK about that then maybe the current economic climate has forced them to explore every possible avenue for potential profit,including licensing out their cars for things like TF's.

11. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

If they stayed with the current MP scale.You do realize it would be the size of a house,right?

12. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Shockwave
    Soundwave + Minions
    Blitzwing
    Devastator

That's all.

13. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Any other Dionobot, but since we just got Grimlock, I wouldn't mind seeing Soundwave.

Whatever's next-------- 100% NOT ROD!!!!!!! to Hot rod! And 100% Not to Rodimus!

14. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

It really is beyond most common reasoning why VW don't want their most iconic design design to be linked with one of the most iconic Transformers - I just don't see how it doesn't equal win/win for both parties :confused: 

I mean they allowed a 'bug into the LAM? ( I can't have been the only one that thought, if only just for a second, the Beetle was going to be BB whilst watching) So why no G1 version guys?

15. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IIRC, Sideways is loosely based on an Audi design, however the car isn't officially licensed.

16. Breakaway-Rocks

Breakaway-Rocks Banned

cool

#9. Soundwave with minions

#10. Wreck-Gar

#2.5 UM with armor

#11. Galvatron
    #12. Unicron considering we got no G1 toy ( That would be so....:bay :bay :rock )
    #13. Shockwave

17. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

xD I was actually thinking about a Masterpiece Unicron while I was at work the other day.

I even said to myself "yeah it'd probably be as big as a house, but if it fully transformed and had cool gimmicks I'd pay a million dollars for it" :lol 

18. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

So, who's winning in votes so far?

Rodimus Prime, Hot Rod or Soundwave?

19. Rootburr

Rootburr Member

Blitzwing. They need to do a triplechanger!

20. tchad

tchad Well-Known Member

I would make most excellent squeeing piggies noises if they made anymore dinobots.

I really didn't think so until I saw so many places sell out of him within like a week or so. Bumblebee is 100% the most deserving at this time, though I don't know if I'd get him. I always liked CJ better. with the sticker place online the binal/alt Jazz is so close it would almost feel wasted (almost...). To the same extent alt Hotrod is still a great piece - I know not MP, but still really nice. Soundwave with Ravage and LB would be tight.

Galvatron with a nice tank/cannon mode from the G1 movie or Bumblebee (with CJ repaint soon to follow) would be the best choices I think.