Masterpiece MP-09, MP-10, and forwards

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JJohnson, Mar 26, 2009.

1. JJohnson

JJohnson Well-Known Member

Just as a conversation starter, what are your wishlist Transformers to get the Masterpiece Treatment?

As for me:
    09: Hot Rod (with a Masterpiece Targetmaster, anime accurate)
    10: Galvatron (anime accurate, 3 mode, with lights/weapon sounds, matrix on a chain)

(on scale to Prime/Megatron so we can recreate movie scenes, of course :)  )

For the future:
    *Rodimus Prime with Matrix and opening chest compartment for it (same matrix from Prime and Ultra Magnus)
    *The other Dinobots
    *Ultra Magnus with attachable/transformable trailer
    *Kup (with poseable Targetmaster partner)
    *Arcee (anime accurate)
    *Cyclonus (with Targetmaster)
    *Scourge (with Targetmaster, Matrix compartment)
    *Sharkticon
    *Alligator-Tron (from the movie)
    *Constructicons to scale with MP Prime, individually released with the Devastator parts as well. The hand components could switch out with drill bits
    *Other Seekers (Thrust, Dirge, Ramjet, Sunstorm, Acid Storm)

2. JJohnson

JJohnson Well-Known Member

Two others:
    MP Wheeljack (anime accurate, light up sides)
    MP Sunstreaker (anime transformation accurate)

3. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I agree with Hot Rod and Galvatron. Especially since the Japanese LOVE Hot Rod.

4. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    This is like the 50th thread for this exact same topic this week...

5. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Haha. So true. Mods please sticky one of these threads for the next couple months.

As to the original question, I tend to think the MP line (apart from simple repaints) will stick to iconic G1 characters. So this excludes most of the 1986 movie guys and gal.

6. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Soundwave w/ Laserbeak and/or Ravage
    MP Combiners maybe? With the Combined mode being as big as MP Prime or maybe slightly bigger and just HIGHLY detailed component bots. MP Superion ftw!!!!!

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HotRod/Rodimus and Galvie would be cool. but I'd like so see some non-G1 love maybe a BW primal with a fake fur finish?

8. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Since my faves have already been MP-ized, I'd like to see an attempt at a legit triple changer - it doesn't matter who. For once, we could have one at a size and price that would allow for three quality modes.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I could go for MP Hot Rod...like him or hate him, the character is an iconic part of TF History. I'd really like MP Soundwave, but the MP has pretty much been nothing but Decepticons so I'd like another Autobot. I'd also love a MP Prowl and more Dinobots but I know the chance of that is little to none. I still wouldn't be surprised if a MP Chromedome wasn't released at some point since the character is popular in Japan. Actually if they DID make a MP Headmaster, Chromedome is the one I'd want most so that's fine by me ;) 

10. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Rodimus Prime and Galvatron for now.

11. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    MP has nothing but Decepticons? Of the 8 Japanese releases, there are 4 for each faction. And, out of the 4 total molds made there are 2 for each faction. It's a pretty even split. Since the latest is an Autobot, I'd guess that the next one will be a Decepticon. That's not really a rock solid guess or anything, but it seems like they may go back and fourth.

I'm hoping for Shockwave. Or, a two pack with Sunstreaker and Sideswipe (I think I've mentioned this in just about all of the "What's the next MP?!!" threads).

12. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hot Rod that turns into Rodimus...Now thats the shit!

13. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a feeling the next MP will be either Sunstorm or another Dinobot

14. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    So far we've gotten:
    - Optimus Prime (repaint Magnus)
    - Starscream (Skywarp, TCracker)
    - Megatron
    - Grimlock

Looking at iconic G1 characters that are still left:

Top Tier:
    - Bumblebee
    - Soundwave
    - Devastator (unlikely)
    - Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime
    - Galvatron

Middle Tier
    - Jazz (unlikely since they've done binaltech/alt)
    - Prowl (same as above)
    - Ironhide
    - Shockwave
    - Astrotrain (borderline)
    - Skyfire (borderline)

Of the ones listed I'd want Bumblebee, Soundwave, or Shockwave.

15. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    MP09-Slag
    MP10-Elita One
    MP11-Swoop
    MP12-Snarl
    MP13-Sludge
    MP14-Galvatron
    MP15-Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime

16. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

My top choices

Decepticons:
    Soundwave
    Shockwave
    Galvatron

Autobots:
    RODIMUS PRIME
    Bumblebee
    Jazz

A very Japanese done Jetfire or Star Saber would be cool too.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I don't buy into the Ultra Magnus=White Optimus concept. The Seekers are repaints I understand but at least they've had separate characterizations in pretty much every TF story. So In my eyes there are Four Deceptions, two Autobots. That's where I'm coming from.

I'd love a MP Shockwave as well.

18. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ye Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime sunds great. 2 switchable head sculpts, perhaps slightly extendin limbs for his new height and the matrix. perhaps 2 vehicle modes for each of them. the sword he used with the training droid in the movie on the ship with cup, his cutting blade from the movie, visor from the movie, fishing rod (again from the movie) the list goes on

19. TfaShockwave

TfaShockwave Banned

masterpiece wheelie.with a real slingshot.and it shall include the matrix..

20. NoenGaruth

NoenGaruth Not liking ze dizzy...

Another MP thread ay? well it's only natural so many would pop up since Grimlock is released so now everyone's looking for what's coming next.

If I had to guess Id say that the next one will be a decepticon, who I'm not sure but now I'll just share my thoughts on the ones most people seem to be wishing for.

Soundwave: Despite having a simple transformation, I could see him being at least at the level of Grimlock cause theyd have to make him a little more advanced than his G1 toy to get the show accurate bot and tape player modes. His chances are high since he's a fan favourite, and naturaly It's a safe bet that he'd come with a couple of cassets (possibly even most of them to make up for his simplicity).

Shockwave: Again another high contender due to popularity, his gun mode wont suffer the same proplems as Megatron since it's like some bizzar looking purple ray gun. And again while his G1 toy was pretty simple, I can see this one being a bit more complex to allow the bot mode to be more accurate and articulated. For an acessory how bout a small version of his alt mode like he holds in one ep or that console that created the holograms to fool the Combaticons?

Galvatron: Also highly likely since he's an important character and holds a lot of populatiry in Japan. I'd be sold on this one purely so he can blast my MP starscream XD. Transformation I'm sure could be engineered waaaaay better than the G1 version so I'm sure we could get a cartoon accurate bot mode. Accessories I'd assume is the matrix on the chain, can't think of anything else since I haven't seen much of season 3 and 4.

Coneheads: They may not hold as much popularity but gosh darnit just like Hasbro, Takara love to do things that are cheap, and these guys would just require some retooling of the seeker mold and you got 3 more MP's to releases between new mold characters. I have a feeling I'd probably buy all these guys, tho at the very least I'd get Thrust since he looks the coolest IMO.

Constructicons/Devastator: I honestly reckon these guys have no chance at being made really due to cost and not really feasable to do during the current economic times. At best maybe Scrapper would be done since he's the leader, but that would probably just make people constantly complain about not having the other 5.

Sunstorm: It's a straight repaint. I'm honestly suprised they haven't done him yet.

Blitzwing and Astrotrain: The odds are so-so, people would buy them and with modern designs the triple changing could be pulled off a lot better. I'd like to think at least one will come along one day.

And now for the Autobots

Other Dinobots: I know a number of people are hoping these will get made but It really seems unlikely, since we heard that Hasbro had to twist Takara's arm to get Grimlock done so I doubt they're gonne go make 4 more MP's of characters they don't wanna make or hold popular character value when there are plenty of more important characters they could do.

Bots that have Alternator toys: Jazz, Hound, Prowl etc. already have toys that are close scale to MP and do a pretty good job of looking like the G1 versions (Even better with sticker sets and Prowls head swap with Red Alert). Only one that really would be best to redo in the MP line would be Wheeljack since his Alt toy is pretty crumby and the body doesn't suit him. (He should totaly come with a machine that builds machines that build catapults XD)

Rodimus: While I'd pass this one up since I've never been too fond of him, he's very likely since just like Galvatron holds a lot of populatiry in Japan, plus he's a leader character.

Bumblebee: This would one would be very popular and I'd buy him without hesitation, however unless Volskwagon have changed their tune it won't happen. :( 

Ratchet/ironhide: I think the odds are good since you get 2 figures out of the mold with only a reapint, new head sculpt and light bar. The fans love these guys so I'd be supried if they aren't made sooner or later.

Arcee: Considering Japan didn't think too much of her I honestly doubt it....I'd buy one tho if it were made. (Acessory could be Daniel in the exosuit?)

Proper Ultra Magnus: seems these days if it isnt a white prime repaint, they won't do it, but it would make buying said white optimus more justifyable if they made his trailer armour.

Wheelie: Unless he was a freebe with another MP figure, then no, just no.

That's all I can think of for now....