Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DrillBIT, Aug 28, 2010.
I FREAKING CALLED IT! I knew they were going to do this as soon as Starscream was announced.
lol, "hasbro/takara, is there going to be a premium line this time around?" "we have no such plans"
one year later....
"oh but we are doing something waaaaaay better, its called the movie masterpeice line"
I like how some people are acting like this is "yet another movie Bumblebee." like it's a new mold getting in the way of something else coming out.
It's a repackaging of Cyber Ops Bee for the Japanese market, because they're not getting Hunt for the Decepticons over there. So this is their way around it. It's not actually part of THE Masterpiece line either. They're just calling it Move Masterpiece; because, I guess, they couldn't think of anything else to call it. *shrug*
well, im not surprised they picked the battle ops bb mold. i like what they are doing with this line. my one hope is they really commit to it. like, say, making some new molds!
Whatever happened to the gold version of BattleOps BB we had seen pictures off a couple of weeks back? I would totally go for that one, but this 'Masterpiece' figure... it doesn't stand out enough... GIVE ME GOLD DAMMIT!
This my thinking as well, they can't really do a movie masterpiece prime at this point that will likely have to wait for TF3 and no other movie figure to my mind sprang to mind as MP worthy not that is will make me any more likely to buy it.
And that's what they do. The Masterpiece line as nothing else than G1 stuff, this is the Movie Masterpiece sub-line. They don't take man-power out of the G1 Masterpiece to create those, they are (so far) only repaint of mold they already created but have yet to be released in Japan.
The previous toy we've seen is most positively shiny gold.
We see it best in car mode.
Differences that I see between the two.
- This one has yellow detailling on the fingers. The gold version has completely grey hands.
- This one seems to have some silver on his arm. The gold version, again, is all grey. This might be light reflection however.
- As pointed out already, the gold BB has chromed silver at the end of the canon, this one does not.
That's all I can tell until we get a better picture.
A bit more paint apps than the HFTD leader version.
That car does look pretty gold. I think you're right- that probably goes beyond what a poor color picture could create- probably.
The big question now if Japan is getting yellow would be where will the gold surface?
I'm not planning on getting both, and although I want to see more pictures of both, I think I'm more into the gold.
Put it this way, I paid $30 for Leader Screamer, which I think is the better one.
I might actually be picking this guy up if he has some pretty decent paint apps. I really like the Battle Ops Bumblebee mold he is pretty detail accurate. My guess is Hasbro will probably re-release Battle Ops Bumblebee for Transformers 3 just with the new black sports lines on the top of the roof. But ya when I saw images of the gold looking Bumblebee I was like whoa I've gotta have him. Like I said Battle Ops Bumblebee is my favorite Bumblebee mold so far even ended up getting rid of my two Ultimate Bumblebee's for this guy.
Agreed on ALL points. The MP line should just stick to G1.
I do too...Now that i'm not looking at the photo on a phone.
Hrmn. While the mold isn't as good as it could be (that damn arm and skinny legs), but I was in love with the gold Bee and was hoping that it would be the next MP-M. I'm excited to see that I was right, but the lack of gold seriously takes the appeal away. Hopefully it still is gold, but appears yellow due to the lighting...
What, the movie figures are sullying the MP line?
Still seem to be people struggling with the geography and the different markets at work here.
1) The Masterpiece line is not the same as the Movie Masterpiece line.
2) The Movie Masterpiece line is a Japanese series, released by TakaraTomy. It is not a replacement or new home for what Hasbro releases as "Leader class" in the US, Europe, and Australia.
3) Hasbro are releasing a Movie series subline called "Hunt For The Decepticons", in the US, Europe & Australia. But not Japan.
4) In Japan, Hasbro do not look after the Transformers line. TakaraTomy do. TakaraTomy are not doing a distinct "Hunt For The Decepticons" line. They are, however, releasing those "leader" toys, with which their design teams were involved, under their own Movie Masterpiece branding. No doubt this better appeals to their particular market.
5) See point 1.
Very simple, no cause for alarm
Toy looks ok, personally i'll pass on this version too tho. Kthxbye.
How dare they keep putting Movieverse figures in with my precious G1 Masterpieces!
and I thought Hasbro was lazy...
not a surprise. but he is not a masterpiece and just a repaint.
"Battle Ops Bumblebee was primarily designed by TakaraTomy, unlike the Ultimate Bumblebee, who was designed primarily by Hasbro"
That explains it.
Separate names with a comma.