Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

MP Megatron II looks AWESOME!! I can't wait to own him and have him up on my shelf as part of my collection.

As an MP05 owner, which I honestly don't dislike, I can state that this is definitely a VAST IMPROVEMENT and barring any QC hiccups, could be the definitive G1 Megatron for Collectors. With all due respect to some of the outstanding design/engineering work done by 3P companies and their fans, I have been waiting for Takara to finally make a new official MP update of the iconic Decepticon Leader.

I do hope a Kremzeeek is included with his mace/morning star, and other accessories, which MP05 did so well. So far, just from these initial images, this does not disappoint, though the side view of his toes looks kibbly & a bit like Takara Legends Ginrai's weird hooves. Overall, MP Megs 2.0 is a WINNER!

Come on Pre-Orders, I'm ready to make the long wait official and let the countdown begin! :D 

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Oh I agree that a gun G1 Megatron is always going to be more popular than a G2 Tank Megatron , i was mainly giving my preference and the reasons for it.

Also there are state laws in regards to toy guns as well. If it was just a single federal law it would be easier to comply with then what Hasbro and other toy companies have to deal with now in the US.

3. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish they would give us a battle two pack with battle damaged Mp10

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AestheticallyMegs 2.0 it looks nice and can go toe to toe with the other versions out there right now in that regard. It's just the build quality & possible price I have reservations about. Remember how quite a few people who were looking forward to Takara's Inferno got upset when they found out the price retailers were charging for it? This was after MMC's Backdraft was only $99. I picked up MP Shockwave but only because I was able to get it for $114 shipped and I still felt I overpaid given how the figure felt in hand and the its finish. Remember how excited many got when MP Shockwave's prototype pics and color pics were revealed? I sure wouldn't mind Takara proving me wrong with this new Megs though. However past history is the best indicator of the future.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Initially I felt the back was just hollow and "empty", but looking at this hunched over pic, it at least looks "full" though not pretty. Now he still has hollow shells for the shoulders though. That doesn't look too good.

[​IMG]

MT Despotron has the bulky DW look that sets it apart from this cartoon look. While I favor the toon look, but I don't think I'll part with Despotron. He's super poseable and I love the diesel look. I can't even compare the two.

6. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Magazine says Spring. Rumors from insider said May.

7. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Not awful by a long shot and a pretty decent job from TT, so fair play to those who love it. But speaking personally, if it had:

a.) a fixed standard 'con insignia (looking like a Laserwave-style D.I.Y. sticker kit again, folks :( )
    b.) the classic Megatron sneer as an option instead of the toothless grandpa grimace that'll be staying in the box :D ,
    c.) a slightly smaller head, and ...
    d.) slightly wider feet? :eek: 

I'd probably be more enthusiastic than I'm feeling right about now. It's a decent 7.5-8 outta 10 for me where I was hoping for a 9.

That said, GREAT CALL from Tak.Tom on the battle damage and the stripped back face gimmick where 3P never thought of these ... and the dodgy bird feet do look awesomely toon accurate in profile, especially with the grey heels.

Oh, and any decent close up pics out there of the straight/regular face? We got them for all the loony toon ones to demonstrate the face-swap but nano for the regular one which is a shade annoying ... :confused: 

8. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I swear every time I see this guy, all I can here is "Decepticons! Your rightful lord and master has returned". (Yes I know that's a line from prime)

9. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

News Credits:
    An interview with Megatron about the newly announced Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 figure:

Me: Hey, Megatron, thanks for coming to this interview, when I called you to--
    Megatron: No one summons Megatron!
    Me: Ok, yeah, well....thanks for coming anyway, I --
    Megatron: State your business.
    Me: It's about your Masterpiece figure...
    Megatron: I still function!
    Me: That's debatable. The "cosmic rust" issue alone....but I digress. I was actually referring to the news that they're making an updated MP Megatron figure and --
    Megatron: I would have waited an eternity for this.
    Me: Well, we pretty much have. I personally can't wait to get a hold of one.
    Megatron: I belong to nobody!
    Me: Anyway, do you think there will be any QC issues with this one?
    Megatron: You have nothing to fear.
    Me: Right. Well that's good news. Still....I bet this is gonna empty my wallet...
    Megatron: Why throw away your life so recklessly?!
    Me: I know, right? It seems prices have been steadily creeping up ever since MP-10 and--
    Megatron: I have already crushed Optimus Prime with my bare hands!
    Me: Ham-hands, huh? That's too bad, it's a great figure and--
    Megatron: The point is he's dead! And the Matrix died with him!
    Me: Sure. You could always try repairing it if the damage isn't that bad.
    Magatron: You're an idiot.
    Me: Hey, I've seen the Radicons work wonders with CA glue and --
    Megatron: Such heroic nonsense!
    Me: Yes, well some people--
    Megatron: Breach their defenses!
    Me: What? What are you talking about?
    Megatron: Their defenses are broken, let the slaughter begin!
    Me: Can we get back on track, please?
    Megatron: Die Autobots!
    Me: I think we're done here.
    Magatron: Starscream!!!

• Like Like x 20
  10. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Close up of regular face here

• Like Like x 1
  11. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I\'ve not pulled the trigger on a MP in a long time - years- but this is the one I will be buying. 

12. Arkmana

Arkmana Well-Known Member

Looks awsome, was saving up for despotron, but will wait for this guy. Only concern is the fusion cannon seems to go on the front of his arm, not the side? Didnt like it on TR Galvatron, dont like it on Megatron. Hopefully can re-orientate the arm without offsetting shape and/or details.

13. Arkmana

Arkmana Well-Known Member

Looks awsome, was saving up for despotron, but will wait for this guy. Only concern is the fusion cannon seems to go on the front of his arm, not the side? Didnt like it on TR Galvatron, dont like it on Megatron. Hopefully can re-orientate the arm without offsetting shape and/or details.

14. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Wow. I never thought Has Tak Tomy would ever produce another MP Megatron. Its not bad...

But its to late IMO. Im good w my DX9 Mightron.

Decent effort. Nice Animated Movie damage. Great idea.  :)  But dull grey plastic / paint is inferior to MP5...

I dont like all the small parts he has compared to our 2 3P efforts. Which are MUCH cleaner looking.

Nice try TT. Too late for my money...

15. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great teef in them
    Masterpiece-Megatron-2017-5.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  16. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

Looks good. I just bought the MT version knowing that at some point TT would make this. Based on the pics so far I'm a bit underwhelmed. I think its the back and all the panels. Also there's something about the sides of the chest that look odd. In any case just waiting for preorders and price.

17. Dev1160

Dev1160 A.K.A. DevastaTTor

Agreed-was thinking same thing. I was going to bite on Despotron but multiple people have complained about how many scratches they were getting due to multiple transformations. I'd prefer a silver finish, but am content with this if it means few/no scratches during transformation.

18. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    This pic also seems to show the fusion cannon mounted on the side of his arm.

Edit: actually, looking at the deatil on the back of his forearms, and judging by the fact that his right arm is bent slightly inward in the pic with MP-10, I'd say it's on the side of his arm in all of them.

19. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

I couldn't find the words to articulate just how amazing this is but I did find the perfect track

• Like Like x 4
  20. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I don't think that's actually the dull gray everyone thinks it is. The way the light comes off of him isn't quite right. That's either a sort of pearlescent grey, or a very dull metallic aluminum color. Basically, it looks like they're aiming somewhere between the metallic look of the toy and the flat look of the cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.