Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep checked on mine and you got it as good as it gets. Not perfect but at least it's possible.

Oh hell yeah you gotta get back in the appreciation thread!! You might not have studio lights, a fancy lens producing buttery bokeh, or be experienced with the 'make this look unnaturally good' sliders in photoshop, but none of that matters cos with your background what you dont know about striking a cool pose and then framing that in an image isn't worth knowing!! :)  You could give any of us a masterclass. I particularly like when you use some extreme forced perspective distortion, like looking upwards from a low angle giving the bot giant feet. Really stylish and dynamic - could be straight off a comic book cover!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What second wave of release? What online stores are getting more of MP36?

3. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

TFS-Express have got a second batch in but it sold out weeks ago...

Should be getting mine tomorrow...

4. ballastwave

ballastwave Well-Known Member

Just recently got MP36 intending to then sell my Despotron. But I have to say with the two of them together Despotron looks cooler to me, meatier, meaner, cleaner, more powerful. MP36 even looks a little goofy next to him, legs too thin, head too big, color duller. Think I'm very much in the minority on my preference between them, but I think I'll end up selling MP36.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Actually, RK and TF-DIRECT have already been through 2 runs of Megs. While they both jacked up the prices, I was seriously shocked to see RK jack their price up $50USD from the original preorder price. Incrementally I mean, they did it 2 in 2 separate raises. Where TF direct just busted the move with a $30 or so increase !!!
    I decided I'm not buying another one at this price since the value won't stay at this height once the KOs start hitting town.

Obviously it was still cheaper than those disgusting eBay asking prices but sometimes, it just starts becoming ridiculous !!!

6. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    There could be two runs of Megs but It wouldn't surprise me if Robot Kingdom saw how hot the item was and held some back just to jack up the price later. Also if a KO hits the value of an original MP Megatron will sky rocket.

7. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

There are positives and negatives to each version of Megatron out there that makes each one cool and unique in it's own right. Good for you for sticking to your guns and choosing which one works for you.
    That's the beauty of being a TF collector in today's world: there are so many choices now and what works for you is the only thing that matters at the end of the day!

8. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

You reckon ?? I have yet to see any other figure which value has skyrocketed once it was KO'd. And I don't mean that in a bad way since I own many original figures which have been KO'D over the years.

But seriously, its hard to knock MP KOs today.
    KO MP these days, with the high QC, minor (and sometimes) major improvements are hard to pass up when the prices are more than half that of the original figure.

9. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

please don't sell MP-36, remember all those AWESOME accessories? the stand? the AA-gun mode? T_T

10. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    You mean awesome accessories that scratch the barrel. Got it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    It depends how rare the original item is. An official MP Megatron reissue would kill the high value of Megatron at the moment. A KO will just send people into a panic when trying to hunt down an original. Thankfully most (if not all KO's) have something to distinguish them from the original (rubber tyres for example). KO's are worthless. It doesn't matter how hard you polish a KO, it's still a KO.

12. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

all of the accessories? :D  wow how do you play with them

13. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I have XTB Apollyon, DX9 Mihghtron, MakeToys Despotron, and MP36 Megatron. Just before MP36 came out, all I had was Apollyon. I decided to sell it because MP36 was about to be released. Sold him at a loss on eBay. Mailed him off with the attitude of "So long, you POS"! A couple days later, I missed that stupid thing! MP36 was not out yet at that time. I missed Apollyon so bad that I set out to get another one. And I did. When that new one arrived, I found out the hard way it wasn't as described. It was missing parts. Sold that one off locally to a guy who wanted parts to fix his. I took ANOTHER loss by selling it less than I bought it for. So this situation was irritating me both at finding a good example and hitting my wallet! Got a third replacement from a TFW member and it's fantastic! He stands proudly on my MP Decepticon shelf. Then I got Mightron, and after that, Despotron. I did so because I love their designs and the different approaches each company took on their versions. And after getting MP36, I still like both Mightron and Despotron more than the official new MP. I still like Apollyon, but not quite as much as Despotron and Mightron. So I understand how you feel in a long-winded way. But I do hope you decide to keep MP-36, or at least give it some more time to be totally sure before you do chuck it off to eBay or sell it another way.

Zing! That was a good comeback! :lolol 

But in all fairness, and many here know how critical I've been towards MP36, most of those accessories are cool. The gun stock makes for a good figure stand. The Vector Sigma key is made of quality Diecast, and the mace is quite fun.

I try to buy official as much as I can. If I were to choose between a KO and the official, I'd rather pay more and get the official 90% of the time. That 10% accounts for time where I buy either 3P or KO if:

- The item is 99% identical to the official but costs less. An example for me would be the MP Seekers. I bought BB7/Yes Model versions of MP Thundercracker and Skyward. Why should I pay $100 more for the official, when I get those for a lot less? And they improved the mold immensely on the KO.

- TT hasn't, or most likely won't, or hasn't made one as well as a 3P company. Examples include the Ocular Max Backdraft and Girder. They look better to me that TT's Inferno and Grapple. I still have MP Inferno and Grapple, but the Ocular Max versions sit on my MP display shelf. Other examples would be FansToys Sovereign and XTB Insecticons since TT hasn't and most likely won't make those.

- Lastly, I like variants. And sometimes 3P companies make cool versions of Transformers like Mightron and Despotron. It gets expensive.

If someone does make a KO of MP36, I might buy it. Maybe. If everything is exactly the same including scale with the difference being that the thing is painted to look like the G1 toy (more silver body tone and red inner legs), then that might be enough for me to want to get one. But the original TT release would still be my more valuable possession between the two.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    This figure is going to remain very hot. KO's are good but they never seem to kill the market for the real thing, which just speaks to the strength of the overall demand.

15. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep in mind as well that those stores have megs untouched where as bbts still has stock of him with his plugs. Obviously I think most people would want the one with out the orange...

16. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I've seen MP10 KO'S (without the trailer) go for prices in excess of $300, so while you may be right about a KO being a KO, I don't agree with you that they are worthless.

I can tell you hate KOs, and personally, that's your choice, i have no issues with that.

I just think that that in the long run, once all is said and done, official or not, once the market is saturated with MP36 through multiple runs, and believe me, its gonna happen !!!
    Then with 3rd party KOs, it's value will not stay at the premium it is now. It may hover around its original RPP but I don't think it'll ever skyrocket. No current figures really do.

17. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Nothing that some blue painter's tape and a pair of pliers can't correct. ;) 

18. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Banned

News Credits:
    Well maybe it is a KO, but it did something the official figure could not - give us a clean looking back and shoulders.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I think you mean clean all around !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Weijiang Megatron looks fantastic - only in the lower legs and feet do I think MP-36 does it better.

It's not really fair of course, WJ have waited for MP-36 to be released and have "borrowed" some of it's better ideas to incorporate into their hybrid version. So far though it looks amazing and an MP-10 (as opposed to MPP-10) sized version would certainly give me a lot to think about - and this is from someone who has warmed to MP-36 considerably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.