Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Perfect version of Shockwave is where I rate him. The others don't compare. Laserwave is true to both the toon model and the toy aesthetics, right down to the fake capacitors in his chest, the only way he really differs is color and no sounds. If I cared for one minute about the comics or any version of Shockwave aside from the cartoon, I may give a crap about an oversized generic looking version, but since I don't... Aside from that, neither Quake has captured the looks as correctly as the MP especially in the leg department.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Wait, there's supposed to be a toy redeco of MP-36 coming? In that case I wonder if they'll chrome him like it's Transmetals all over again and tampo the sticker detailing on (much as Artfire has tampos recreating his original stickers).

3. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Chroming a mass-release figure would require a separate mold because of the tolerances (chrome is much thicker than paint). Any supposed toy redeco is very much wishful thinking at this point, there has been zero evidence of it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    That was info. from Tcracker's suplier, it will be a TTMall Exclusive with no accessories, and will be called "MP-36C" (chrome?, idk), but that's just a rumour.

But it can happen. It can happen. It will happen sometime.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    The other possibility is that he's slathered in paint that looks chrome-like, and if @Seth Sunthay is right, that makes it sound like he'd only have the scope/cannon due to extensive redeco/tampo work being where the money goes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt they'll chrome MP36 IF they come out with a toy colors version. Chrome is thicker than paint and may cause tolerance issues. However, if they paint him a lighter and brighter state of silver, I'd be down with that! Part of me is tempted to buy another one (oh dear God, what am I saying?!?!) and use a red paint pen for the inner lower legs. Then again, I'd be painting a $230+ MP. Oy...I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that either. At least I have three 3P MP Megatron's that were painted correctly. ;)  Part of me still really wants to get another MP36--OMG! What are these words coming out of my mouth?!?!?! I already have Mightron #3 coming in this week as it is! I'm in need of an intervention! ... or something...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Rumor, at best :)  Tcracker is... not reliable.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Aw, man, you don't need my crappy pics! Just check out guys like Sixo, TCracker, and Ricemasters's, for starters!

Likewise, Franpincho!

Great to see you, Robotmonkeys! Been really slammed, but I'll try to participate where I can. You doing ok, buddy?

Sooo... anyone else get his barrel-on-his-side gimmick to work right? Like I said, I can get it on his side, but the back kibble pushes into the base of the barrel so it aims it slightly down and out to the side. That normal?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Seems normal, I haven't actually even been able to flip the barrel all the way down - is there some kind of trick to it? The barrel just doesn't seem to want to bend that way, and I'm worried about breaking something (kinda the same feeling as those scary panels on the back of his shoulders)

10. Dean ML

I haven't had any problems getting the barrel down going by the instructions, but I believe Liam Pope and a few others have mentioned that they have, that the teeth on the base of their barrel are just too big. Instructions say to flip the barrel down 90 degrees then rotate it before pushing it down the full 180. Looks like the hinge on the backpack is not to be pushed down past 45 degrees. I guess I'm doing it right...? It just doesn't look right. The backpack kibble that I believe is the safety catch hits the barrel.

11. Dean ML

IMG_3914.JPG IMG_3915.JPG

12. Dean ML

I can pose him so that it looks ok, but on closer inspection you can see what I'm talking about. Oh well. Close enough! Wanted to be able to do this configuration because it was used briefly in Heavy Metal War, featuring one of the best animated Megatron/Optimus fights in G1. OBARIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine is finally on the way, from the 2nd wave of the release :buttrock 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you've rotated the base of the barrel to the most favourable position that's about the best you can get. I'll have a quick check against mine later.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    So, serious question, and I KNOW this won't happen, but: who would buy him in a redeco of his G2 colors?

I would. I so fucking would.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dean ML

Thanks, bud. If anyone can figure it out, you can ;) 

17. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Ditto. Finally!

18. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    In my earlier post I wasn't clear - brain is frazzled today! I meant to say on all the photos I've seen of people doing that position it does seem that it's normal for it to not be 100% straight.

My teeth are pretty good, but damn I just realised I never tried rotating the barrel 180 before flipping it down the rest of the way - that must be it. Gonna try it tonight when I get home :thumb 

DeanML, man you gotta post those Megatron pics in the MP appreciation thread. Those poses are epic! Already stolen that kneeling and firing cannon one (though I have him supporting it with his hand underneath - love this guy's articulation so much) - more people need to see them!

19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Let us know whether paint scratches is still an issue. If all existing issues have been resolved, I will jump in. May I know where you are getting it from?

20. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dang a TTmall exclusive? Ugh horrible :p 
    There was a 2nd wave release of this? I didn't know that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.