Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I had the same trouble. I don't believe it goes in that hole you're trying to use. It's hard to explain but it goes above. Put the larger part of the stand underneath first and then rotate up until it clips in. Watch the Ben's Collectibles review. He had the same trouble and I think he shows how to do it.

2. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
  3. Higgs79

Higgs79 Well-Known Member

I second this. I had the same trouble and finally realised that the peg goes above the hole. It's actually very easy to connect the stand with the right pressure and angle. Good luck :) 

4. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow! Thanks so much guys. Your both right and I feel stupid now. However, now I wonder if there might be an issue with my stand still. I finally got him attached but that ratchet isn't holding his weight. It's drops him and doesn't really hold him up. I have to angle him awkwardly to sort of make it work. Is this maybe an issue anyone else is having? Haha. Maybe I still need to reach out for a replacement? Good grief! Well, I'm just glad you guys clued me in to at least learning the right way to get it attached. So thanks for that.

5. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    He's here. He's finally fucking here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and so much better than I could have imagined.

EDIT - one more :) 

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 13
  6. DoodleBrandon

DoodleBrandon Well-Known Member

I have the same issue. The spring/ratchet is very weak on mine. I'm pretty bummed about it, I need to see if I can figure out a way to fix it.

7. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Ha, the blue tack idea is simply genius!

:thumb 

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    THe love between robots and organics is forbidden, but Megatron? Megatron dares.

C-qMBhHWAAAuH8X.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  9. TFC201482

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm going to email BBTS and see what they can do to help. Maybe they'll send me a replacement or can give me instruction on how to fix it if fixable.

10. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I highly doubt you'll get a replacement part, they're most likely a majority like that. Mine is weak too, but he holds many poses when he's balanced right regardless. And as far as I know there is no fix online. Might be time to get unscrewing if you need one and then post it. I wasn't bothered enough to do it myself. Most likely like Metroplex you can stretch a spring or replace it with a heavier tensioned one. If you can get it apart, it's likely and easy fix.

11. TFC201482

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't like to take things apart as usually when I do, I can never get em back together and don't want to mess anything up or try and have spring fly somewhere and lose a part... Regardless, I've emailed them anyhow and will just wait and see what they say. I don't keep springs in my back pocket so if they want to send me a heavier tensioned one as you have mentioned, then they can send it with instruction and I can at least try. But I don't dare open it until they respond.

12. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

If you do end up opening it, you can try and record the process with video or take pictures with your camera for each step you take. That way you can look back and see where you went wrong if you forget or what you may have done differently. It's what I do when I am dismantling and it's going to be complicated mission.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Photo from a HK or Chinese(?) TRU. Imagine seeing such a sight at your local TRU.

Arthur Wong
    18157495_10212517538235127_715955361614548077_n.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  14. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That looks suspiciously like the Hong Kong flagship TRU store in Harbour City. Last time I was there they had a pallet of TR Voyagers like Astrotrain.

Edit
    Actually that was a couple of years ago... last time I went they actually were pretty sparse on TF's.

15. TFC201482

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Great! Next problem, I haven't transformed him yet and so I started to and I was following instructions from the book, and from Ben's video and from Paik's video and I can't get my barrel in the back to fold out right. The double hinge is fucked! It's too tight on mine and won't move and now I've bent other plastic. I'm done. I'm gonna email BBTS again and see if they'll exchange or do something. I'm going to break this if I apply more pressure. This sucks!

Attached Files:

16. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 12
  17. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

I had the same issue and was able to fix it! I posted about it somewhere in this thread a long ways back...

When I took the stand apart, this is what I found: For whatever reason, the button needed to be able to come out just a tiny bit farther to allow the ratchet joint to engage fully and lock the stand. There's a little rail on either side of the button piece that it slides along. I had to shave off the tiniest bit of plastic on each side so the button could come out just a tiny bit further when it wasn't being pressed. That completely solved the problem for me.

** Edit: I kept reading and seeing that multiple others are posting about the same issue. To be clear: The issue (at least on mine) had nothing to do with the strength of the spring. Pressing the button disengages the ratchet; releasing the button is supposed to engage the ratchet. But since the button couldn't come out far enough, the ratchet wasn't able to engage enough to lock fully in place. Shaving off that little bit of plastic completely solved it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    guess this is too weak for your beastly strength :D 

19. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be brutally honest with you, you did it wrong. That hinge doesn't need to be extended so far to the left, it just has to fold on itself in the transformation, it goes to the left but only so slightly. It's not a defect on the toy but you not following instructions and well being a bit hamfisted, in forcing something to move where it's not supposed to move.

I nearly made the same mistake myself in the first week of owning this figure and then went back to watch the videos, the Chosen Prime, the best one out there, to me....... to see where I was going wrong.

20. TFC201482

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't think that I am, and I think the reason you think that is because of how I took the picture. The hinge is fine on the bottom but not the top, I can't get it to fold in the proper orientation. I have watched the chosen prime and mimicked his EXACT movements and still it doesn't move along the hinge it's supposed to.

Edit: I actually think I found out why the hinge isn't working. I took a vid, a small one, and it's saying it's too big to post. It's not a good vid, gets blurry but you get my point. Haha. Give me a few.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.