Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

1. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

Certainly preventable and not a reason to cancel orders :)  Just give it a test fit 1st; if the attachment slides in fully without much effort, you won't have to do a thing. No pics, but the spot to sand (should you need to) is the insides of the barrel (probably the same spot they're applying glue for the orange plugs?)

It's alright, I'll probably have him fixed over the weekend, and of course already looking for stuffs I can use that new 5mm port :D 

2. Pugnate

Pugnate Active Member

We have three instances at least of a broken Megs.

3. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat! I haven't received my shipping notice from them either, but I've been paid in full and they were expecting the remaining shipping yesterday. I hope they won't do notify us if they oversold.

4. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    heres the image
    [​IMG]

heres the link to the talk about the plugs
    rubber cement glue
    Paul on Twitter

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Good advice...but don't sand the inside of the barrel! Work on the silencer instead:

Alright folks, to disassemble the silencer, remove these two screws:
    20170405_144435.jpg

Now, you're gonna have to pry and flex the stock of the silencer some...it'll flex, just be careful and slow. You want to free up and remove the whole part circled in green. This is the part that rotates for the different weapon set ups.
    20170405_144522.jpg

Now, THIS is the part that you'll want to shave/sand/trim/whatever for a smoother connection to the gun barrel. Specifically the ridges I've arrow-ed. Those ridges slide into the grooves (rifling?) on the inside of the barrel. You don't want to remove too much, so sand a little, test, and repeat until you've achieved your desired level of tightness. I took off about 1/2mm.
    20170405_144555.jpg 20170405_144738.jpg

So that should take care of that issue...now for the paint wear on the gun barrel. I believe the offender is the very end piece of the silencer, the part that folds to the side for the two weapon modes.

First, lets take a look at the other end of the big chunk we removed...this is the end that is sandwiched into the rest of the silencer. There's plenty of room there, and it slides VERY freely over the barrel. You can see how much free space there is with the light shining through. There's also no paint on the insides of this half.
    20170405_144943.jpg

Now look at the other half, the folding half. No light shining through. It's also fully painted on the inside.

20170405_144952.jpg
    But...the real culprit I believe is this ridge I've arrowed below. It's enough that you can feel it with your finger...and I believe this is what is taking peoples paint off. Also, some of the paint "wear" could actually be paint transfer, from the paint inside this part.

20170405_144857.jpg

Some light sanding will get rid of that paint, and that ridge.

20170405_145339.jpg

Now, just reassemble, making. sure you get the rotating back in correct orientation.

Once you've got it all reassemble, still be careful with putting in on and off. Make sure it's 100% straight, including that folding part, which can easily be slightly off. Put it on slow, and take it off slow. I've yet to have any wear using that method even before the sanding I've just done.

• Like Like x 62
  6. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Noticed that they added ratchets to the foot. Finally, they did it right and I won't have to worry about him flopping forward or back

• Like Like x 1
  7. Raining8s

Raining8s Decepticon

News Credits:
    TheChosenPrime rules! I have him now! So amazing

• Like Like x 4
  8. Pugnate

Pugnate Active Member

Thanks for sharing! I always thought he'd have more Twitter followers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HairyDawg

HairyDawg UGA - Go Dawgs!

I still have MP-10EVA Convoy as a pending preorder in my TFSource "Stack" should that missing/damaged shipment ever show up...

I learned my lesson with that one. Taking advice from others on TFW, I now do any important preorders at multiple stores that allow you to cancel. Sometimes (like Megatron) I get multiples. Other times I cancel one.

On the bright side, waiting sucks but at least it will show up eventually. Better than being locked out altogether and have to pay an elevated price somewhere else.

• Like Like x 1
  10. primekiller

primekiller Well-Known Member

Just throwing out the trash!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  11. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    first thing i will do before using it

12. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    "You Megatron tricked us. Make us fight good leader Optimus Prime. Prime risk own life to save us NOT MEGATROOOON!
    - Decepticons RETREAT NOW QUICK AT ONCE !!"

[​IMG]

I'm sorry (i'm not), I'm just having so much fun with that guy.

• Like Like x 6
  13. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. They really sent out that email? It basically says 'don't play with, transform or use any of the accessories included with this transformer that is meant to be transformed and accessorized'. It's shocking, really, and speaks volumes. I flat out love the way this figure looks on my MP shelf but the fact that I can't transform it in fear of scratching/breaking is extremely disappointing. Heaven forbid it takes a tumble off the shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  14. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    They're shipping by the order that orders were received, not location. You're probably the second batch of orders.

15. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    AE order
    Finally out of customs and on its way to my local post office. Probably have him in hand tomorrow.

16. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Has anyone decided to wait in hopes of a revised run? I'm going back and forth on it now. The fear is getting to me!

17. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

In 2 days. Wait a week.

• Like Like x 1
  18. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I'm waiting for the KO. They make crappy workmanship on good designs take a 360.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    Why fear when you are already equipped with precaution and advices and tips to do things properly though ? Seriously guys , we are all grown up now , we have responsibility with our toys , we respect the effort , love and passion that poured into this figure , so the least you can do is do things in correct way .
    So far there is 1 QC issue with the broken one by Omar on Facebook and two other are human errors. But Damn this community. 2 are enough to call shits on a figure. I see enough from today that the release of this figure brought out majority of the worst from this fandom.
    To all those ready to have the figure. Please , do me and those who handled , reviewed and gave advice , tips , precautions a favor. Know what you are going to have . Know how it works . There's an instruction manual , it is written in Japanese but it's still understandable . We are always here to help you guys.
    For now , I will go sleep. I'm tired. The toxicity is too high.

• Like Like x 18
  20. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Excellent work...It looks amazing!

I'm looking forward to seeing a cell shaded version.