Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcblazer

jcblazer Well-Known Member

That is a stupid price for an item that cost about $100 at TRU, if I recall. I understand that MP-10 was sold out at the time, and demand was high (plus the- "Gotta have it now" crowd willing to pay that crazy price) to add to the rational of having that price. There were those who waited, and got what many saw as a superior KO version of MP-10. If some people "have" to have this item now, fine. But, it is a lot of money to justify spending on a toy. I would like this to replace my Apollyon as soon as it comes out, but will not pay that price. It's simple, if you can stand the price and like it, buy it. If not, wait for the price to go down or the inevitable KO to be released. I, myself, will be doing the latter, as the KO's seem to make improvements on the more exspensive originals.

2. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Who cares if he doesn't like third party? Plenty of people don't. It's not like they need to be "corrected" in their thinking. I live in the third party section and I know for a fact there are a bunch of guys there who are all, "third party or get the fuck out." They're as prevalent as "official only" people. People prefer what they prefer. MMC's Overlord is my all time favorite toy, but if I like a big name character like Megatron, I want the official MP figure more than the third party MP. I just do. Chug I can go either way.

I have Apollyon and people were amazed at how he was so cheap for so much that you got. Well there was a reason, he was cheaply made. You got what you paid for. That instance more than any other will now make me always prefer an official MP over a third party one each and every time. X-Transbots ruined third party MP collecting for me, and that is a fact. But I speak ONLY for myself in this fact. I'm sure they didn't ruin it for others.

So long story short, if the guy doesn't like third party hands, than let him. Third party and official products do not need their honor defended.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Yep, tons of different perspectives. XTB made Transformer collecting a thing for me again and they make the best looking Transformers I've ever seen. I wouldn't be buying any official figure if they hadn't come out with their Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mista2x

mista2x Well-Known Member

I just ship them all to the office to play it safe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gneric Robot Dinosaur

Gneric Robot Dinosaur General Issue

News Credits:
    Are you able to preorder now and pay later with AE? How has that worked for anyone who has done it, provided it's possible. Thanks for any info!

6. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    You only have 48 hours to pay or your order is canceled. Other than the 48 hrs, there is no option to pay later at AE.

And I've got my preorder in at AE. Been using them for a few years now and all good so far.

Currently have 3 MPs preordered and one sitting in my order list waiting for the next release at the end of this month to ship both together.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  7. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Surprised that HLJ doesn't have a preorder up yet. They got ones for the other upcoming Masterpiece reissues.

8. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there like the last ones with amiami compared to the other ones putting up preorders

9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Hm, $154 at Anime Export?

10. Kyle Blues

Kyle Blues whoo.

You know for those who complain about the over-simplified designs and lack of details on the new MP's will probably be fine with this one.
    Just look at all that panel lining he has.:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  11. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In for two at AE.

12. Deruji

Deruji International Traditional 2D Animator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    They will most likely put it up as soon as they have an official release and pricing or it will after the weekend depending on when they allowed to.

13. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love it. Apollyon will be joining Quakewave on my desk at work next year.

14. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I wonder if I should order mine from Anime Export now or wait until next paycheck.

15. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You'll only get an orange plug if you order from a US/UK store. If you import it yourself you'll be fine. Anyway on BBTS's MP-36 page they go into pretty good detail about the plug. It'll be glued it. No telling exactly how easy it will be to remove.

16. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I know that import elitists hate hearing this, but once you factor in international express shipping, you aren't saving THAT much over us knuckle-dragging mouth breathers who use domestic sites.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Every other orange plug has been removed easily enough. The one in my Apollyon fell out when I took him out of the box. I remember the MP-5 orange plug coming out easily with a twist of some pliers. It is going to be attached in the barrel with "adhesive", so just in case, just be careful and don't exert too much pressure on it.

18. teemu8

teemu8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the barrel is plastic, then pulling that plug out is gonna cause damage and look real ugly afterwards.

If it's metal,then it will be easy and no mess

19. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those buying more than one, or those who use order stacking such as AE offers, the savings become more dramatic.

20. Cancerian

Cancerian Member

So what are the chances of US Customs catching the imports from Japan without the orange plug? Since the person ordering the item can be penalized under US code, I'm wary. And the code doesn't clearly state what the penalties are.

Have all the 3P Megs sold by US retailers included the plug?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.