Masterpiece Ironhide New Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by unexpectedpanda, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If every previous real-car MP had mini factory floor mats, then yes, I'd want\expect them in future releases as well. I'm amazed you don't get a simple argument for consistency. Maybe it's not a big deal for you. I find it to be so. Look at it this way...don't think about the minor things like mirrors....ask yourself what we're going to lose next. Real-world licenses? Sculpted headlights? Would you care if those were lost as well? Sadly probably not....

• Like Like x 1
  2. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Preaching to the choir. I absolutely love Ironhide. He's in my top 5 MPs.
    Personally, I don't see the argument that the MP line is going to hell under Kobayashi's lead. Ironhide has his flaws, but they are no more distracting than Sideswipe's ultra wide chest or some of the proportion or color choices made on Wheeljack. Tracks is probably my least favorite post reboot MP but it's not because of how he looks or feels in either mode, it's just because I never gave a rip about that character. If anything, the beautiful finishes on the past couple figures coupled with some great engineering have me thinking the MP line is still trending upward.

3. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It just doesn't bother me that an insignificant part of a vehicle is omitted for the sake of the entire look. Consistency? Let's not go there. If I was big on cars and model replicas, I might feel differently, but I don't. I'm big on robots. There's a guy on the boards that complain every time a military alt mode of a Tranformer is revealed. He's big on war vehicles so nothing shy of perfect model tanks and jets are good enough. I find it sad that he can't let go and enjoy the 95% the sculpt got right.

4. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you DinoSnarl. You've illustrated my point perfectly.....yup.

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    if everyone like the same things then this forum would be a bloody boring place!

6. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Pretty ironic use of that idiom there - I don't think it means what you think it means.

7. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Obese chocoholic

News Credits:
    Well did you or did you not say that you will no longer write a positive review on Ironhide because "the negativity is kinda wearing me out." and it would be like "farting in the wind."?

So that came across to me as you being unwilling to share your thoughts simply because others are complaining about something you like.

8. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    because arguing about side mirrors is interesting :lol 

I think this forum is just becoming way too self-aware. I started off arguing, now we're arguing about arguing, pretty soon someone's going to be arguing with me about arguing about arguing...

Can't we all just post some new images of Masterpiece Ironhide. That's what the thread title says, after all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Man I wish all MPs came with a shouting face!

9. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Also I'm loving how Ironhide has small enough hands to hold the other carbots' guns

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    I've got to get this master piece Ironhide soon cause he looks so good.

11. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Turning into a real world vehicle is part of the draw for me. And the little bits that make them that much closer to their real life counterparts is part of what made them a "Masterpiece".

I don't like cybertron alt modes, and can handle close in the main lines but it's a bummer in the MP line.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I _could_ keep on about how sucky the face sculpt is, the proportions or considering your avatar how much I dislike Magnus but I think I've beaten pretty well.

But again, the upside, I like handling this figure more than other other post Hasui figure released so far.

13. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Persuasively arguing a point to people who were already convinced before hearing a word. I'm well aware of what it means.

14. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    Nice way of bringing it back on point Sam! Nice shots right there! I'm not one to use the optional head sculpts (due to me leaving most of the extras in the box for fear of losing such small parts) but I'm sure glad they're there! Bravo good sir!

15. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    That's why I love they included the sled, a place for every little piece and it plugs in securly. Of.course when turned upside down it does kinda look like they melted ironhide!

16. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Fantastic shots, Sam! Really love the one of Ironhide and UM with their shouting faces. Two of my favorite figures and face sculpts.

I've probably said this before, but this guy has my favorite neck in the whole line.

17. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Thanks! I love Ironhide's face, expresses such character.

melted Ironhide :lol 

Ironhide does absolutely have the best neck. I was really disappointed that Hot Rod went back to the old Hasui-style up/down articulation. It allows for some much more in the way of subtlety. Pose him with a slight cock to the head and his 'shouting' face looks more like calling out a final warning to some Decepticreep, or a 'but Prahme!' kind of moan. I also love how casting different shadows on the face seems to bring out a different expression - something I noticed originally with Prowl (face on, he looks pissed, face pointing up and I see a faint trace of a smile).

And just for fun:

[​IMG]

18. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Haha - that shot's so great, I'd forgotten about that debate!

Yeah, the hybrid style Kobayashi ball joint neck with Hasui's hinged neck definitely gives him the best of both worlds. Incredible expressiveness and display options. Love that the whole neck tilts forwards to allow him to look down on the rest of the smaller cast :) 

Thanks again for the tip on transforming him back to van mode regarding the arms. Works like a charm. Can't just follow the instructions in reverse. Transform the arms, snap the roof down, then fold up the legs.

19. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    That forward neck tilt is genius! Wheeljack kinda has one if you cheat a little, open his chest first. Only looks good from a downwards angle, but it's nice if you want him looking at Bumblebee, for example. MP-10 got it right, I didn't miss sidewards head tilting with him so much because you could cock the neck using the flap the neck rests on.

It's funny how the transformation works differently in one direction than another. And I still need to make a gif showing people how to put in his pistols the right way. Or someone needs to make one, anyway.

20. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Reading the past couple of pages (depending on page setting) regarding some people, like me, not being completely happy with how this figure turned out, I can't help but seeing two kind of posts.

1) Collectors who state that this figure definitely has things in its favour and do praise parts of the figure: the nice finish or the smart transformation or how much fun the figure is. However, they (and I count myself among those) ultimately feel that this figure doesn't seem to fit with the previous MP cars. Be it size, be it a lack of toy inspired details and thus large flat surfaces like it was in the cartoon, or be it the absence of real life altmode details like side mirrors, and perhaps even the sudden addition of chrome.

2) collectors who go against this and state that those people are wrong and that this figure is amazing and magnificent without any significant flaws.

I think if I would ask a critical outsider to judge these opposing viewpoints, the judgment would be that the first group is likely right. Because although they point out parts they don't like and why ultimately they are disappointed with the figure, they still admit that there are parts of the figure they do admire. While the second group are praising it without acknowledging the possibility that other collectors do have legitimate issues with it.

But that's how it comes across to me, and I'll readily admit that being among those who aren't happy with how Ironhide looks with the others, I'm probably biased.

By the way, those saying Ironhide isn't too big I want to ask: have you looked at the scale chart?
    [​IMG]

Because on the scale chart, the top of Ironhide his head just reaches the bottom of Optimus his chest windows, while MP Ironhide reaches the top of Optimus his shoulders. Seems at least a head too big to me.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.