Masterpiece Ironhide New Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by unexpectedpanda, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patto Prime

Patto Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any chance that KFC will be making replacement hand (articulated or not). You guessed it, I broke a thumb. FML.

2. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    The company making replacements articulated hands for MPs is KFC. No confirmation of any for Ironhide, but may be worth e-mailing them about it.

3. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Well there ya go! Once again they're using the exact same hands as the ones for MP-12, I guess they just modified the peg a little. They're nice hands but something about the design is a little off, unfortunately. I should probably sell that pair I have for the Lambors...

5. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Lol, with a little balancing I've been using the kp11 ones for tracks ;) 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Patto Prime

Patto Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolute legends. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. Have added them to my POL. Very happy camper right here :) 

7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2 coats of Pledge applied to all chrome weapon and chrome vehicle/bot parts. I should be good to go.

8. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just seeing this, looks awesome

9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Articulated hands are available for preorder and made by KFC. Articulated hands are about the only thing KFC/XTB does a good job with on a consistent basis (except for the MP10 hands in which Eness hands are better). Maybe they should just focus on hands for official MPs and also 3rd party MPs.

10. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

Just transformed him for the first time tonight, I absolutely love him!

11. bbanzai123

bbanzai123 Well-Known Member

Ok, dumb question time. When transforming back to alt mode, is there any specific trick to folding Ironhides arms back into the van sides without scratching them up against the roof/head piece. I swear there is practically no clearance and I don't want to scratch up the red area near the side windows.
    Hope this makes sense.....

12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It does and that zero clearance is one of my gripes with the mold.

13. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    The best way for transforming back into vanette is to do the arms as soon as you can (before folding the body back too much). You don't want the legs getting in their way.

14. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That helps, but the mold just has very little clearance between the arms and the roof which can make getting everything seated when going back to van mode a little rougher than it needs to be.

15. bbanzai123

bbanzai123 Well-Known Member

I'll give it a try, thanks!

I just figured I missed a step or something. ;) 

16. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like that pic that makes it look like he is unholstering his weapons. Makes me kind of wish they put slots in the hip kibble and side pegs on the guns to make them serve as holsters

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Finally picked up my Ironhide. This is a pretty fun figure. I can see why everybody loves him. Transformation is complex, a bit fussy, but not frustrating. Both modes feel nice and solid. Hip kibble is annoying, but not overpowering in bot mode. He's got a decent weight, and he poses alright. I was pretty happy with him... until I put him on the shelf.

I gotta stick by my earlier impression: he's way too big next to other MP cars. I put him next to my Prowl, Wheeljack, and Sideswipe, and there's something about him that makes him look all wrong... like a toy from a different line trying to blend in.

I think it's not only a question of his size, but his relatively plainness. He has so little surface detailing, and his forms are so simple and blocky that it really stands out at his size. When you put him next to the previous MPs, he doesn't blend at all. He just looks weirdly enlarged.

Maybe this doesn't bother the majority of you... especially if you mainly want to pose your Ironhide with Optimus or whoever else, but I've always considered the Autobot car to be the basic unit of measurement for my collection. MP Ironhide just doesn't look right with them.

I picked up MP Hot Rod at the same time, and I can somehow 'feel' that these figures and MP Tracks were all developed by the same lead designer... I gotta say, I miss the old MP aesthetic. These are still great toys (well, maybe not Tracks), but there is something subtle in the aesthetics that has changed. The increased emphasis on trying to exactly capture the style of the cartoon is probably a part of what I'm responding to. It's that 'hint of Diaclone/toy' styling that I'm missing, I think.

Anyway... great figure, but as feared, I have no idea how he fits into my collection now. :( 

zmog

18. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    You are exactly right in pointing out the design differences. It is almost like a completely different line. For me, I like it a lot more, the new shockwave coming out seems to have a similar simplistic design compared to previous masterpiece figures. I just started picking up MP figures so this is a great jumping on point for me. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

19. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Tracks and Ironhide fit just fine to me with the others.

20. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Not to dig up old stuff but I noticed the chrome on the gun (the G1 toy based one) is wearing.
    Aside from that I do feel these guys fit fine. I thought Wheeljack's feet looked wierd. Ironhide is plain but he looks like Ironhide, and for me that's what matters. I do admit I haven't stood him with other MPs too much but I think he fits in fine. He's big but he's Ironhide and he damnwell should be big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.