Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

1. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Ah, good news, just sold this turd of a figure over a week ago at a bit of a loss but I'd rather have the cash than this overpriced shelf queen.

2. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have I missed some juicy news on this debacle?? Else where did we get the narrative that TT was screwed by an unscrupulous factory post contract and had no part in it? Last I recall from @Gamerlingual chatting to the TT rep, the response kinda implied they were fully aware and it was a material experiment initiated by them. I love TT but find it a bit hard to buy they were an innocent victim in this.

Anyway was messing with Hound today for the first time in quite a while. Pleased to say it hasn't grown any more cracks while chilling in my display room with his buddies, so I'm still at only a tiny starter crack in the head linkage and one on one of the leg flaps, so not too bad! But ho boy did it reaffirm my first impression - he's just so squishy and bendy with this plastic. Is it actually rubber?! Doesnt help I'm comparing him to FT Sheridan (Warpath) that's just arrived cos that thing is built like a tank - ha ha. Night and day difference in the plastic quality sadly. Bring on a reissue and just make it out of whatever grade FT use!

• Like Like x 8
  3. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Sweet. Sucks that you had any cracks but good that more didn’t happen. Hopefully mine with no cracks after 6 months stays that way. He’s a pretty nice figure overall. Not worth the msrp however. I hope if/when Takara releases a second wave it has some sort of deal with first wave buyers for exchange.

compared to Sheridan... vastly prefer Hound’s transformation over FT’s. Didn’t have to fight it, didn’t have to use a tool to pick parts out. Easy peasy. Heft is a world of difference tho. If someone breaks into my house, I’ll throw Sheridan at him as a shrapnel bomb. The torso can push the intruder back while the splintered legs take out the eyes! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

For those who got a dud and feel like chucking it off a cliff...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 51
  5. UtahRobotInDisguise

News Credits:
    Hehehehehe battle of the two MP's that break the most! LOL

• Like Like x 5
  6. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

Lovely!!

• Like Like x 4
  7. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Oh so bittersweet :( 

• Like Like x 5
  8. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Magic as always, @OptimusTimelord !

Anyone transform their cracked Hound lately? Thinking of doing that if I get the time (it's been a few months so I can't remember how and will have to use the instructions). No news cracks have developed on mine over the past few months, he still poses like a dream, and I took his gun out of his boots with no problems today after leaving them in there for months. Feeling like he might be able to survive a transformation...

• Like Like x 5
  9. DirkManus

DirkManus Active Member

I transformed it back to alt mode and the armature came off, so I wouldn't recommend it if you've got a crack there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I TF'd him back to jeep mode a couple weeks ago without issue...and mine even has a few cracks around one of the ankle rockers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It seems you are really lucky with your figures! I wish I was!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

NICE! However that was a little over kill on Laserbeak's part, he could have just done a flyby and Hound would've turned to dust.

• Like Like x 7
  13. RetroElectro

RetroElectro Well-Known Member

Since lockdown, I've been working on improving the display. So the other day as I was futzing around with it, I knocked hound off the shelf and he fell 3' onto the hardwood floor! I must have been clumsy that day because I did this twice within a span of 15 minutes. Surprisingly, he didn't shatter into a million little pieces. I looked over his joints and I've got a hairline crack on the back of the armature mount but I'm sure something that tiny was already there before he took a spill. So somehow this guy passed a drop test that most of my MPs have never went through. That must mean he's got great QC! :) 

• Like Like x 3
  14. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine has been in it's box for the last few months. Schrodinger's Hound. Quite honestly I'm scared to look!

• Like Like x 6
  15. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Took him out of the cabinet yesterday, to give him a little spin. No new problems at all: he feels very safe now to transform even without being too careful. No hairlines on the neck armature, no new cracks at all in fact, in the last three months.
    Still a magic Transformer, and probably my favorite car-based Masterpiece. Even Sunstreaker isn't as nice as Hound.

• Like Like x 7
  16. UtahRobotInDisguise

News Credits:
    Thems fightin’ words! Lol

kidding! Both are great, but Sunstreaker is just way too awesome. Made me almost buy mp12+ even though I have mp12. Lol

Hound has an amazing transformation, but I still find the neck bar gruesome. In hand, it’s like mp36’s back, mp39’s & mp44’s backpack, and mp45’s feet... not nearly as irksome, but still catches the eye.

in the week I’ve had it, I check every day for cracks... even though it’s 6 months+ old without cracks.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Same here.6 months still going strong.

• Like Like x 4
  18. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, I was curious so broke him out of his cardboard and plastic prison, along with some of his mates.

IMG_20200605_133553.jpg

Happy to report no major cracks - one on the door I'll be keeping an eye on but amazingly I managed to transform him without anything breaking off (wish I could say the same about my MP Grapple the last time I transformed him!)

The transformation is probably the least fun of every MP I own because of the concern about the plastic but I've no regrets on holding onto him for now. Will pick up a 2nd version (possibly the KO) at some point to keep in vehicle mode so I can avoid any future transformations.

• Like Like x 4
  19. UtahRobotInDisguise

News Credits:
    Yay! 6 months club! *virtual high five!*
    Not a bad idea. I enjoyed the transformation, but mostly because I watched a few review videos prior. Had I just done a cold-run like I had past MP figures pre-Megatron, I'd probably would have broken the tailgate tab and doors. Even being warned, I was super nervous about those areas. After than, however, he was pretty smooth.

20. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Took some daft photo's with the kids this afternoon. Here's the Hound one.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 16