Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

With actual parts breaking apart? :lolol 

2. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    One Hound is ok. Transforming the other

• Like Like x 2
  3. wrx20l

wrx20l Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Japanese collector crowd is making enough noise to get Takara's attention. This thing is junk and Takara should have to recognize as much. People are having to handle this thing with the same care they would use to move an original Black Zarack from the 80s. haha I stuck it at the back of a shelf so that I can't see it slowly decompose and crumble.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    I've decided I'm just going to stop stressing and enjoy Hound. If my current copies break, I'll be disappointed for sure but it's not like I haven't had an MP break before (or any Transformer, for that matter). In fact, I'm already hesitant to take most of them off the shelf and play with them as I don't want to wear out joints or put stress on weak points.

The main difference with Hound is that I actually know the plastic has a defect rather than wondering if it will develop any over time.

Hound is an excellent Masterpiece figure, and assuming he's reissued later with defect-free plastic I'll happily buy another copy or two.

P.S. I'm not in any way implying that I excuse whatever oversight allowed these quality issues with Hound. As I've said in other posts, I really hope they publicly acknowledge this and are doing something to ensure higher standards for plastic quality and paint in the MP line.

• Like Like x 14
  5. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought I was in the clear but turns out I was wrong. I transformed my hound to bot mode and check for stress marks and there was none the day I received it(Dec 30th). I put it on my shelf in a static G1 pose with arm to side and legs standing straight and didn't touch it again since I got it until last week. I pick it up to check again and there were no stress marks at all last week then I check today and both the hinges below the knee have crack lines now right across the middle on both after two months of hound just sitting on my shelf...:( 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fafnir72

Live and let live big buddy. Just be careful in the handling.

• Like Like x 3
  7. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

a very familiar story.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I completely agree. Hound is perhaps flawed. That's OK. I've adjusted my longer term expectations as such, and so it goes.

• Like Like x 3
  9. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

I was really on the fence of making this my first official purchase, because I REALLY want a Hound for my collection. I'm so glad I didn't buy him though, because if this had been my first experience with an official product. I would have definitely been soured on the whole ordeal. This isn't even about official vs KO. Yes, I primarily collect Third Party and KOs, and as such my voice isn't as important as those who purchase officials, and who own this particular figure and have experienced a multitude of issues with it. However, I think we can all agree that Takara needs to do better. This is the kind of quality control you would expect from a third party or KO company. Not THE official brand.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fafnir72

If v2 abs/pvc titanium version is released, I'll be getting that later (3 years from now):cry 

They better! Hopefully the JP ethic of self improvement without admitting it openly will kick into gear in the future.

Takara won't admit it openly but I'm speculating they are working overtime to fix this (of course they have to save face). Slight deviation but Takara ain't the only one releasing lemons (try searching for defunct CMs and Yamato with their SuperRobots and Valkyrie respectively and even the gold standard Bandai SoC)

I feel for you big buddy! Maybe we should have a new feedback response as I can't give you an upvote for a broken fig.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2020
  11. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

I feel like this is some false equivalence. Toy wear is a thing regardless of price point; the issue here is that Hounds are breaking very quickly out of the box. I don't personally own another MP figure that I can say that about (partly because I've avoided the problematic ones through reading reviews).

12. chchchch

chchchch Weight Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    IMG_20200216_204308371.jpg IMG_20200216_204850825.jpg IMG_20200216_205534566.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  13. Virtual Venom

Virtual Venom Well-Known Member

More like Stockholm’s syndrome.

14. Xaxis

News Credits:
    I get that, I was just saying that I’m done stressing and obsessively checking my Hounds for beakage. I’m past the return window and I’m just going to enjoy them while they last.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Xaxis

News Credits:
    A bit extreme, don’t you think?

• Like Like x 8
  16. Virtual Venom

Virtual Venom Well-Known Member

Yeah, but for some of the hardcore TT fanboys it might not be. I don’t really have another metaphor for it off the top of my head, lol. In your case I get it your already past the return window so you might as well enjoy what TT gave you.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  17. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Same could be said for some of the hardcore “third party” fanboys. Still a pretty extreme analogy. This isn’t a traumatic situation and nobody’s being held against their will.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  18. feeiq90

feeiq90 Well-Known Member

m
    mine crack right out of the box..i only noticed it when transforming it for the 1st time about two weeks after getting him..used plastic cement to glue only half-length of the crack to give room for the rotation joint during transformation..the screw is too damn tight too..i have yet manage to remove it so i can fix the crack 100%...sigh

19. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    Remove the screw, remove the rocket assembly, and sand down the post. The post is a tad bit too wide for the hole. That’s what I did after loosening the screw but the crack was still there.
    After sanding it down, the crack is no longer visible.

• Like Like x 3
  20. stevej

stevej Snowflake

News Credits:
    Transformed all my currently open MP's into car mode ready for boxing/storing/house move and Hound survived the transformation.

My MP Grapple however had one leg fall off, snapping at the hip joint!!

MP Grapple, WORST MASTERPIECE EVAH! :( 

• Like Like x 3