Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDEEMED

REDEEMED Hold on to your innocence

Ebay:
    Are you knocking out all the pins in order to apply it, or just dabbing it on the surface?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:

I put a drop on each end of the pin hole, and let capillary action draw it into the joint. I did it on every major breakage point right out of the box, including the neck hinge, and let it sit overnight before transforming it. Then once it was transformed, I took out the black neck screw and oiled all of the other pin joints.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Confirmed. I took another, closer look at my broken “door” and it’s green plastic that can be mistaken for clear due to the glossy appearance at the breaks.

For a while, I was thinking Takara made some bad choices on use of clear plastic in places that it shouldn’t be used. Glad to see that’s not the case, and I’m back to this being a factory-level materials defect.

I’d like to know more about Takara’s response to this that @HolyCulture mentioned. I hope it’s leading to some serious improvements. Not sure if it’s worth hoping for a recall, since that likely wouldn’t extend beyond Japan (hopefully they’d recall regardless of purchaser’s location).

• Like Like x 6
  4. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Hell, it would be interesting for everyone that voted 'intact after one transform' to check theirs again now! Guessing a lot are still fine, but I wouldn't be too confident saying all are...

I am regularly checking mine and so far so good...but only the spots I can see. I sure as shite aint transforming it again and pressing my luck.

• Like Like x 3
  5. REDEEMED

REDEEMED Hold on to your innocence

Ebay:
    That really sucks though. I’m sorry but who really wants to own a transformer you can’t even transform. Sorry but not me.

yeah so here is my 160 dollar mp Hound ‘statue’ don’t touch him please

• Like Like x 5
  6. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I think this is the part that bothers me most - even people with hitherto good copies aren’t able to be completely relaxed about them.

If the first/last thing you have to do with Hound is check for cracks (and report back here with the findings ;) ), eventually it will just become ‘par for the course’ - or lead to an uncomfortable feeling any time he’s picked up, at the very least.

I have a sneaking suspicion that even after many weeks/months, some owners will still be waiting for the sword of Damocles to drop with this release which really sucks, as they may well have completely stable figures.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    It's about time

• Like Like x 7
  8. TerminalRaptor

TerminalRaptor Well-Known Member

But don't you understand? He's not a statue, you could transform him if you wanted to. Not that you'd want to, he'd break. The point is he could transform... if you'd want to.

*Proceeds to slam a block of clay on the table and call it Masterpiece Jazz*

• Like Like x 3
  9. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did the same, except for the armature. I unscrewed half a turn instead. Small crack there after standing still, but nothing anywhere else at all. The armature is now a couple of turns looser, and the crack mostly closed up. When I get time I will unscrew and perform the fix, but right now it's otherwise perfect.

Full disclosure. I haven't done much with him. I started to go back to alt mode and gave up doing it from memory. My fault, but instead I worked all the hinges multiple times to simulate multiple uses. Not quite the same as full transformation, and the feet are untouched, but he's crack free still...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    Eh, at this point i'm thinking ti play It safe and keeping the original one in vehicle form (ordered from Anime Export from Europe, so i'm pretty screwed) and waiting the ko ti have something to mess with :/

• Like Like x 1
  11. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    My AE supplied Hound is still practically same as it was as when I unboxed him: tiny hairline crack on door hinge, and no other cracks have appeared after 3 transformations to bot mode and back. Only new damage is some paint scraping on the back of his knees where they scrape against his thighs, but it’s mostly out of sight and unobtrusive. I haven’t lubed him up in any way, and I haven’t even unscrewed the head armature: it seems loose enough as it is. All in all I’m still very happy with him; definitely up there with my favourite figures.
    As I’ve often said before with other MP’s that others have had issues with; I feel AE always gets good batches of MP’s from Takara, because I’ve no damaged MP’s at all (even my first release MP tapes are still uncracked, but I’ve always been careful with those). I’ll be receiving a second, 50% discounted, Hound from Amazon.co.jp on Thursday, and I’m very curious to see how that one will turn out...

• Like Like x 3
  12. ShawnBerger4Mayor1985

ShawnBerger4Mayor1985 Shawn Berger Campaign Manager

Anyone with a break in the same spot as mine had it occur at the feet. The tailgate hinges have broken for at least a few people.

All things considered, I feel the anti-TT crowd have actually not been nearly as obnoxious about the situation as I expected them to be.

You're making me all nervous and paranoid over here now with statements like that. :eek:  After Hound, and your various other issues, I feel a compulsion to recheck all my MPs up and down for hairline cracks... :oops:  Well, maybe not a compulsion. ;)  That is kinda disconcerting and worrying though. I don't transform, pose, or move mine around much though after the first few weeks of a release, so hopefully mine haven't been developing unnoticed cracks over time.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Well if Takara is visiting the factories and going all Gordon Ramsey inside, there's no reason why the next release of Hound should be botched.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    I'd be curious to know more about Takaras reaction to this release. Where are people getting info that they're so unhappy about it? (I mean logically they would/should be, but still, how do we know?)

• Like Like x 2
  15. maxxzander

maxxzander Banned

may I ask if this is made in Vietnam or China factory ?

• Like Like x 1
  16. JennAvenger

JennAvenger Banned

get your shit together tt. you command a premium price but comes with such lousy qc, breakage, paint chipping.... no wonder people are moving towards ko!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

Don’t be nervous. I’ve handled my MPs through over 40 comics, which means multiple posing for different panels, random posing on table tops and the floor, posing for the many dioramas I’ve built and just transforming them when I get the urge. I’m more of an extreme case because of the paces I put my toys through. The every crack and loose joint makes sense because of the history of play I’ve had with the toys, which will be vastly different from MPs that stay in static poses for display purposes.

The only oddity is MP-01/04 developing stress makes in the thigh joints while in the box. But he’s very heavy, 5 pounds, so those joints just may be one of the weaker points in the figure.

On the same note, I’m not mad at the cracks and breaks because I’ve enjoyed them for what I bought them for and they serve my purposes. I buy doubles now to speed up the comic making process because spending days transforming 5 to 20 transformers for one scene sucks.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Where did yours break? I've been paying close attention to the thread, and don't remember any breaks in the foot.

And yes, well aware of the tailgate. I guess I could have been more specific, but I felt it was implied: I don't recall any breakages in the foot, directly related to the cramming of the rear wheel, gas can, and Jeep gun into the feet. In other words, despite the tight feet, and the feeling that storing everything stresses the feet a bit, there haven't been reports of breakages happening because of that stress.

Which is odd, since the majority of the breakages happen in low/no stress hinges, exactly where you'd expect them not to, on any other figure.

• Like Like x 9
  19. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

My Hound from TFDirect is taking it's time to get here, so this gives me a chance to order some of that silicone shock oil others have suggested

• Like Like x 1
  20. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

This thing is built like a freakin' model kit, thin plastic and all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.