Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tturbozx66

tturbozx66 Well-Known Member

Think it was more along the line that a portion of the shipping reimbursement was via store credit/gc. If I remembered correctly about $20 was through store credit and the rest issued back to my CC. But it was a full reimbursement. I am sure if I bitched it about I could have gotten all via CC. I had other orders so I didn’t bother.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sacrilege. But, the good kind.

I’ve never attempted it. I’m sure I could do it, of course, but I’m happy enough that my copy is still holding together without pressing my luck with that feature.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it is then I’m bad too because I didn’t do it either.

Even if there wasn’t the risk of breakage I still wouldn’t have done it. I don’t care about built in accessory storage on Hound anymore than I cared that there was no weapon storage on, say, Sideswipe.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

Per AJP they'll refund you upto 12,000 yen (108.94) and the rest will be put on an AJP gift card.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah I wouldn't sweat it too much. We don't really know what's at play here and looks like you've taken logical measures to mitigate damage that I'll probably do myself. Discussion about silicone oil in what I was reading was a section more about how fluids with small molecules are thought to be worse for ESC and it was giving an example that low weight silicone oil would be worse than silicone grease. But a heavy oil or grease might be less useful for us as it might not get in the tight joints. Besides, I don't know if silicone oil is an aggressive agent specifically for ABS - different fluids affect different plastics. Maybe we'd know about it as a community if it was a problem? Just as likely the reduction in stress when moving due to a well lubricated joint outweighs any potential damage related to ECS. You're doing some pioneering TF research! :) 

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  6. fschuler

News Credits:
    It’s also important to keep in mind that silicone shock oils are actually polymers themselves (polydimethylsiloxanes). The higher the molecular weight, the greater the viscosity of the fluid. I provided a couple of links below as it relates to RC shock oil viscosities and general silicone oil properties. For example, a 30 weight RC shock oil has an actual viscosity of around 350 cSt and an average molecular weight of around 13,000.

Different RC shock oil vendors use different scales to rate the viscosities of their products. The table in the following page provides real world viscosity values in cSt for various oil weights from a couple of common manufacturers. Silicone Oil Explained: Weight (W or WT) Versus cSt - RC Car Action

And, the tables on pages 8 and 9 of this PDF provide provide relationships between silicone oil viscosity in cSt and average molecular weights (in addition to a ton of other shit). https://www.gelest.com/wp-content/uploads/Goods-PDF-brochures-inert_silicones_2013.pdf

Edit: And for what it’s worth, I have RC cars that are DECADES old and have been soaked in silicone shock oil the entire time. No degradation observed.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

Does this apply for WD40 too? I lubed my Hound Doggie nice and good.

8. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    DSC_0106.JPG
    These two finally arrived :)  Was very nervous about transforming Hound after reading all the horror stories in this thread. Luckily so far so good. No defects at all... In fact the figure is amazing! Feel sorry for all you guys with a bad copy though ..

• Like Like x 23
  9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    PicsArt_01-18-06.17.50.jpg

Stunning. Simply stunning.

No cracks, no breaks, no scuffs. Solid/stiff joints, intuitive and very clever transformation and loaded with articulation.

Winner. Love it. Best Hound I've ever owned and arguably the best carbot from Takara, I think he edges Sunstreaker because he's so damn clever in the engineering department.

• Like Like x 32
  10. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I'm curious about this myself. To @alldarker and whoever else ordered at this price, can you let us know if it seems brand new and if you got a good copy?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    20200119_044331.jpg

I suck at posing but I added an anime style silver back Ocean Designs decal over the symbols. The red Takara uses gets overwhelmed by the green as an answer to my OCD.

P.S. Got a paintbleed/scratch on the hidden left knee on his left left side knee that gets exposed when you bend it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. PrimalPrime007

PrimalPrime007 Well-Known Member

IMHO at this point it'd be better to NOT purchase the figure at all - even with the discounted price - if we really want to send a message to TT.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Ladies and gents, this might be a nothing burger but as this situation is slightly similar to the Encore GodFireConvoy snafu, Amiami immediately pulled out All their stocks of that lemon.

MP Hound is till being sold in their shop.

14. Rich33

Rich33 Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with it myself - always use it (as it penetrates a joint properly and cleans up well), and have done for a number of years now with no noticed deterioration in plastic, even where i have repeat applied. I do apply with cotton bud (spray a bit in a pot beforehand), and clean all excess off any paint just in case.
    Have used on MPs and multiple 3rd party bots.
    1 exception that i always list - it should not be used on an air tight plastic friction joint which squeaks (tube type or occasional ball joint), particularly if the joint 'lurches' as it squeaks - it can sieze requiring disassembly and cleaning out. E g screw joint on hounds cannon assembly (the one that is just behind his head in robot mode) - best just to loosen the screw.
    Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  15. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, same thing happened with my first copy. I opened the armature to investigate the crack only to find more cracks on the inner column. My advice is to not go looking for damage because you might find it. Lord Ginrai mentioned he had a crack under his fender, I looked at mine and BOOM, there it was. This shit is contagious. My replacement is just as flawed as the first. What the hell.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

Appreciate the detailed reply. I use qtips to apply the wd40 after i spray it on a paper plate.

• Like Like x 1
  17. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I know man, I'm afraid to look too hard at my other figures now, yikes...sorry about yours too!

• Like Like x 2
  18. fschuler

News Credits:
    Any pics of the crack under the fender?

19. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Question: Does anyone at this point have a copy of MP-47 that satisfies all of these conditions?
    1. Has been through more than 10 full transformation cycles (from Jeep to robot and back to Jeep)
    2. Has been handled normally (not with extra caution)
    3. Has no breakage
    4. Has no cracking whatsoever
    If so, please quote this post and mention if it was your first copy or a replacement. Also, if you can provide date stamps (figure and box) that would be great.

• Like Like x 3
  20. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Well.

Peaugh admitted in his video-review that his first order was a broken one...

Even seems to have spotted a crack on his second one while he was transforming it in his video.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.