Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Graeme

Graeme Well-Known Member

2. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would seem that Robot Kingdom doesn't fully understand the extent of the problems. No mention of some units being made of faulty plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rogerimus

Rogerimus Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I know you already mentionned it before but what reliable tool do you use to remove a pin ? Thx again for your help !

4. Graeme

Graeme Well-Known Member

Or already broken in the box. This might be one of those times to necessitate a voluntary product recall and refund, no questions asked, for those who purchased hound and are unhappy. So far those who can purchase from AJ are the safest.

• Like Like x 2
  5. galvatran

galvatran Well-Known Member

Okay, I’m gonna ask. What lubricant do people suggest... :oops: 

6. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Shock oil (silicon based) or wd40 (water based). Both have been used by folks here - I personally ordered shock oil in specially.

7. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    WD-40 (the basic product, because they also have a lot of others) is not a lubricant. I think that somebody (a chemist) wrote why its a bad idea (IIRC in the DX9 Gabriel thread), arguing for silicon based lubrication.

• Like Like x 3
  8. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah it's a water repellent or something. I use it to ease up door hinges easily enough but I wasn't confident for Hound. That said, i mentioned it a few pages back and whoever had used it said it worked out for them. I'd already ordered the shock oil by then so held off until it arrived. I ordered 30 weight, in case anyone wonders.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    For this time , Skull hits the nail to where it's at.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I just transformed my first Hound back to vehicle mode, in order to send it back to Amazon Japan. Still no cracks, even though I'm treating him the same way as I do all my other Masterpieces; just normal, careful. I'm sending him back because of too many paint issues to my liking.

I just transformed my replacement Hound for like the third or fourth time back to robot mode. Also still no cracks. I find the transformation fun and easy. Most difficult parts for me are getting the feet flip over the lower legs when going to vehicle mode and massaging everything to get all the wheels to turn freely. It takes a small bit of fiddling. Hopefully the cracks will stay away.

Loving the way to store most accessories. They could have added a hole to fit the hologram cone in I believe, so that it would fit above the spare wheel and jerry can. I like that they think about these little details.

27172D06-35F0-4FDE-B2BB-40455B93033B.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  11. stevej

stevej Snowflake

News Credits:
    REALLY been waiting for this one!

• Like Like x 1
  12. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I use the shaft of an old Dremel bit (one of the smaller diameter ones) that has been tapered on the end. It’s basically just a nail! Make sure the tapered end is smaller than the pin hole so it can go several millimeters into the pin hole without touching the plastic.

1). Place the pinned joint over a hole in a hard surface (to provide support to the part and to provide a hole for the pin to go into as it comes out of the joint).

2). Use a small hammer to lightly strike the pin with the nail. You only need to drive it out a few millimeters...you can pull it out the rest of the way using pliers. ****Make sure you drive the pin out knurled end first. Look at each end of the pinned joint and note which end looks rougher/kinda serrated and which end looks smoother. You want to drive the pin out by striking it on the smooth end.

3). Use an appropriately sized drill bit to enlarge the hole in the pin joint. This may take some trial and error. You don’t need to remove much plastic at all. Start by trying a drill bit that fits snugly into the pin hole already and run it through the hole a few times. Test the hole using the pin to see how easily it slides into the hole. If it is still too tight to push in by hand, try a slightly larger drill bit. You don’t want the pin to be loose and floppy...just a little snug.

4). Reassemble the part by driving the pin back into it KNURLED END LAST. You have to strike the pin on the knurled end.

I hope that helps!

• Like Like x 7
  13. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

What does he say, does he break it within 30 seconds of taking it out of the box?

14. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    i think you should watch it. His remark is very good. Pretty much everyone agree about material quality, then he express his opinion about the appearance
    overall , MP-47 > Willis , but not material

15. nike5580

nike5580 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I havent had a chance to transform mine yet, but it can been added to cracked before transformation. I have a crack in the hinge on the drivers side door. My box was not double taped, and the number on the box is J1719. Hope to have a chance later this week to transform, and see if any other issues come up

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020 at 7:25 AM
  16. Ribimus Prime

Ribimus Prime Member

Twitter:
    I got mine as a gift and don’t know what store it came from. Tailgate broke immediately. Any way to get a replacement tailgate or is anyone printing replacements?

17. Chris C137

Chris C137 Has a faux butt-flap. That partsforms.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    A question for you or anyone whose Hound has a crack like that on a hinge but not yet returned it, can the hinge still function as is or will it come apart if you try and move it? Just curious for what my options are if down the line any cracks appear on mine after the return window closes.

18. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    As long as there is only one crack on that hinge joint , the rotation still work but a bit looser. From that point try to not pull that point out or the crack woll get worse. Otherwise maneuver that articulation point into correct direction will do no harm.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

It's a real bummer seeing so many of my fellow fans and collectors having to deal with bum Hounds. Such a shame in so many ways, especially since I firmly believe he's the best carbot design yet. Hopefully everyone can return their shoddy copies and either exchange or wait for a reissue. I almost feel guilty that I lucked out and seem to have dodged that bullet, though one of my Bumblebee copies does have shoddy paint. Other than that, though, I'm pretty sure 2019 is my favorite MP year yet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 32
  20. Optimis prime

Optimis prime Well-Known Member

IMHO without any issue, hound is the best MP alongside with Inferno/Grapple and Sunstreaker .

• Like Like x 4