Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I will say that you might be ok with Hound if you're just going to put him on the shelf... MAYBE. The cracks on mine developed a good week after posing. I haven't touched him since and he hasn't developed any more cracks either.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

My Amazon Japan replacement is much better than the original. I didnt see any cracks nor did anything brake during transformation. I did however transform him super slow and WD40'd him from head to toe. Took me 2 hours from jeep to bot. Everything is silky smooth.

Not saying there aren't cracks that could arise in the future, but for now hes posed in the case.

Now for Smokescreen +!

• Like Like x 5
  3. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still nothing new to report. Perhaps the shock oil lube job did do the trick and loosen him up on those pinned hinges.

I'll find some time in the next few days to transform back and forth a few times and report back. If it doesn't shatter from that, I'll pose and leave for a few more days and recheck. Wish me luck!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea for the price we pay, these shouldn't be breaking out of the box but Takara isn't alone in doing this. Bandai and other Japanese companies have done the same but they're usually given a pass(Bandai for brand loyalty and having photogenic toys + license squatting AKA nowhere else to go, smaller companies because they're smaller). So I made the decision last year that I wasn't going to buy anything unless I knew how to fix it and felt confident in doing so. I guess for the past 10 years I was getting used to this with smaller companies, never thinking the likes of Takara would fall to this.

Plus returns are a hassle.

I almost preordered Hound a couple of times, even up until a week before release. However I'd rather wait for the inevitable rerelease at this point.

If any of you do get the Hasbro-imported version, it'd be interesting to see what customer service says in response to breakages. I doubt a stronger batch of plastic was used in time. Benefit of brand unification is that for items Hasbro imports over, we have a say when shit goes wrong.

Takara has some brilliant engineering but weak material choices are sinking whatever advances they're bringing to the table. I'd like to think soft ratchets and weak plastic were left in the Cyberverse line, not the freaking MP line!

• Like Like x 9
  5. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Returns are definitely a hassle haha. I filled out my paperwork yesterday and Hound is now on his way back to Japan.

To be honest, I had second thoughts right up until I got to the post office - once he was gone, though, it felt strangely...right.

I got home and grabbed MP-44 and MP-33 to mess around with. Being able to pose something (or simply admire it) without checking for cracks here and there (before/during/after) is how it should be.

It’s easy to say “just enjoy it”, but everyone has their limits, and capabilities, when it comes to things like this.

My enjoyment comes from being able to pick up almost every single one of my MPs, a collection spanning near-on 7 years, and not have hesitations about the majority of them in regards to material strength.

The only exceptions to this, at present, are MP-13 and his cassettes. They are my oldest MPs and while Laserbeak/Buzzsaw and Ravage have a few cracks I’m ok with it, given their age, and I hardly ever handle them as a result.

I don’t believe I should have to follow that kind of approach with a figure I’d owned for less than two weeks, just to say that I’ve got him in my collection.

Issues aside, I liked having Hound in my display. He’s a cool character and the MP is one of the finest I’ve seen when it comes to capturing the essence.

I look forward to seeing how the reissue turns out.

• Like Like x 8
  6. earnil1105

earnil1105 Member

20200113_194050.jpg I reseive my hound today from tfs-express uk. I open the box and..... just fell off a part from the side door. I dont even touch it.... I am very upset right now and i swear to myself not to preorder again from Takara.
    What can i do now. Never happen to me again.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    drill in , use brass pin , super glue , transform
    :cool: :D :D 

8. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Immediately contact TFS-express uk for Returns/Refund or Replacement.

• Like Like x 7
  9. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I chalked it up to bad plastic, especially in comparison to the roof attachment which is a pretty solid piece of"clear" plastic. Hopefully they can find some solutions to their problems. I wonder if any of the other Takara products manufactured at these factories have the same issues or is this just something targeted at the "Transformers" lines they make.

• Like Like x 4
  10. earnil1105

earnil1105 Member

Yes i already send an email but not answer yet.
    And NO i dont want to fix it because i dont break it. This is a Takara problem not mine, nether tfs-express

• Like Like x 5
  11. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would also recommend sending this one back. Since the breakage does not appear to be caused by a tightly pinned joint, it may be indicative of brittle plastic...which can't be fixed reliably with any amount of glue (it may just break again in another spot nearby...or anywhere else on the figure, for that matter). Hopefully tfs-express will refund you!

• Like Like x 3
  12. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Seeing how Hound is broken, I'm going to miss Spike more. He's a pleasant surprise.

• Like Like x 4
  13. earnil1105

earnil1105 Member

the break as its seen at the pictures its very smooth and not from preasure

14. MattBeast

MattBeast Member

Mine broke in exactly the same place

20200104_193726.jpg

15. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I've had mine for two weeks, and took him out of the box, but never transformed him. I'm afraid that something will snap, crackle or pop. I've done more posing with Spike than Hound.

20200104_194831.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator!

Well I'm late to the party... got Hound last week and finally after much trepidation and fear... opened him today. And thankfully, I received a flawless copy. No cracks, no breaks, no paint issues. I like him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With FT Willis... I'm liking MP-47 more, side-to-side:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with his Bro-minster:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I followed Emgo's YT video and it went smoothly. Very pleased. The right front jeep bumper that forms the shoulder on the front does not attach as closely and securely as the left in bot mode. And I wish the hologram gun and shoulder rocket were bigger (ala Willis)... but this guy nails the toon G1 Hound. Like he jumped off the screen to life.

• Like Like x 20
  17. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My replacement is still flawless. No issues.

I love him!

• Like Like x 14
  18. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    And your first one broke almost immediately right? Good sign if the new one's still going strong!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 26
  20. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He’s actually still in one piece, though had 3 cracks out of the box and has subsequently developed 2 or 3 more. I have high hopes for the new one!

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.