Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Difference is Yamato actually acknowledged the problem, got people replacement parts, and made sure it was not going to be a problem again. Takara doesnt say anything and every MP now is a game of “what will be wrong this time?”.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Yup. Been victim to the Yamato snafu and I got a replacement part from macross forums for free (the owner of the site iirc sent it).

Unless maybe you are in the domestic Japan, you might get some replacements. That's a given. I too am nervously waiting for my Hound. I hope I'm an exception to the rule of broken parts.

3. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Takara need to come out and acknowledge this - even if it's just to their Japanese fanbase. HLJ have said it's a widespread problem - other retailers will know that as well and they WILL be providing feedback to Takara - not least because Takara will be the ones reimbursing the sellers for the faulty products.

Hopefully the resulting embarrassment over this mistake will then ensure it doesn't happen again!

• Like Like x 3
  4. DerpySpike

DerpySpike G1 til I die

Twitter:
    I've created a Twitter poll to try to get an idea of just how many defective Hounds are out there compared to those who've received good copies.

If you're on Twitter, please vote to indicate which camp you're in (yes, I know this doesn't account for people with multiple copies, but it's not the most scientific survey out there). It'll run for a week and hopefully I'll get a decent number to give a sense of how widespread these issues are.

London "Fuck Boris" Film Fan on Twitter

• Like Like x 2
  5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, TakaraTomy does offer aftercare for customers based in Japan.
    If you have a defective product, they'll ask you to send the broken figure/part in and they'll either fix or replace it.

Because of how Transformers licensing works, TakTomy can only sell products within Japan. Of course vendors can sell them internationally, however TakTomy can not directly sell to customers outside of Japan as that is all Hasbro territory.

• Like Like x 7
  6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    yep ditto thought i had got away with it and found a crack today on right leg hinge but further up it than on your hinge .... and i have not messed with the figure since putting it on display

opened the panel and still seems strong but for how long? :( 

• Like Like x 3
  7. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m heading to the USPS office right now to do the exact thing you’re asking about. The answer is: when you request a return/exchange, Amjp sends you a link that’s only good for about a week. The link is a print out of the return address, two customs sheets and a return ID barcode to be packed inside the return box. The two customs sheets are supposed to be handed over to USPS or whomever the carrier is BUT they most likely don’t want it. You’ll have to fill out one of their own carrier approved custom sheets by hand. The good news is, all you do is transfer the same info you’ve printed out on to one of their custom forms. And remember to keep the receipt. You’ll need to send a pic of it to AmJP customer service for reimbursement. I have to thank @Soundwave3k for helping me with my return process.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  8. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn it! You made me look.
    But did you chrome the winch motor?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm curious, have any fans in Japan reported getting a repair for Hound and also, have they relayed what Takara told them?

Narcissism? I was only pointing out what actually caused the breakages.

You're right, no one wants a Transformer that'll just break after normal handling.

Given that 1 Japanese retailer has already indicated that this is a widespread problem, I don't blame anyone for jumping off now. They'll probably jump back on only if Takara gets things done right the next time from there on out.

If this was all a result of a weak batch of green plastic that wasn't caught in time due to delayed assembly in another country to prevent factory leaks, it was a very shortsighted decision with catastrophic consequences, all of which backfired. Takara is already charging more than before for these toys. They want to prevent leaks and theft? Bring production back to Japan where it can be more closely monitored. Make the price increase actually make sense.

Either that or go back to the way things were done before 2017(which is when I personally noticed more MP issues starting through the then-new MP's I bought) and accept(maybe begrudgingly) that theft/leaks happen. NO COMPANY wants to accept that but get real, Transformers leaks have been prevalent since Armada and that was almost 20 years ago! It took Takara until Hound to say "that's enough!"? Hell the leaks were WORSE back then! Some boogeyman in Vietnam getting an early sample to post on YouTube is NOTHING like the time a Hasbro intern posted the resin prototype of Energon Megatron.

I believe your insight phamduc but if Takara really is doing what you claim, they're a lot more old fashioned and outdated than I thought.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

100% agreed. At this point this is probably the worst QC issue we've had in the MP line since MP-09. Other issues seemed to be less frequent and more specific. Yes, MP-43 had an exploding crotch due to mis-assembly, but that was it: it's not like various parts of the figure cracked or crumbled. With Hound, it seems that the green plastic can crack anywhere there is tension, over an undefined time period, which is unacceptable.

I'm usually quite level set and neutral about issues like this, but this IS a disaster IMO, and one that TT needs to take responsibility for. I want to enjoy the amazing designs they create and have my toys increase my enjoyment and reduce stress, not the other way around.

• Like Like x 11
  11. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

I think TT is just trying to out-compete the various KO-factories by hiring/making/selling the KOs themselves now...

• Like Like x 2
  12. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm torn. I love the figure, he looks great in both modes, the engineering incredible, but but I've already got several cracks after one transformation from jeep to robot, and seeing all the other broken images that have been posted makes me cringe. Considering sending mine back for a refund and hoping for a reissue with better materials and QC. I already have FT Willis in my display, so it's not like I will be completely missing a Hound. FT has the better build quality, but TT has the better engineering and aesthetic. TT are going to have to step up their QC game, they're wasting great engineering on poor production.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    So did you have cracks develop where there weren't any upon arrival?

14. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks for this!

• Like Like x 1
  15. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My shock oil arrived. He's been at room temperature for a couple of days now too. Still no sign of spontaneous cracks.

No excuses for not transforming him now I suppose... *gulp*

• Like Like x 8
  16. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Another thing that's bothering me is how I am supposed to sell this on now I have it and don't really want it. My copy isn't damaged; transformed to bot mode cautiously once without cracks or anything else, thankfully. The thing that bothers me is that the buyer receives it, transforms it, breaks it and then calls me back for a refund - what do I do then with a busted figure... Or I transform it and a hinge cracks but there's no way for me to know because it's all hidden inside the alt mode and again, the buyer receives it and calls it damaged for a refund - again leaving me stuck with a busted figure.

This is the most disappointing MP figure I have bought from any company - let alone the supposed "industry leader".

• Like Like x 3
  17. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

they will be there trucking because the same diehards enable them to. but i think they will lose some casual and ordinary fans for sure. i know i won't be buying another one again for one.

• Like Like x 1
  18. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure, but I've got full cracks in at least two hinges, kinda scared to mess with him anymore at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  19. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    What sucks is... all these highly expensive returns can't be going unnoticed by Amazon Japan... Amazon is so data driven they have to see these products as risky and costly to them. I would not be shocked if they stop selling them international... after this string of high return rates... it is.. inevitable.. :/

• Like Like x 5
  20. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

It's a shame of the issues. Luckily mine arrived and it issue free.

I must say though, this is hands down the best masterpiece to date. The legs in particular are packed full of masterpiece moments and is so incredibly well designed. Mines been back and fourth 4 times now and no paint flaking or damage. Incredible figure.

• Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.