Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

1. jres80

jres80 Well-Known Member

I'll look into it. Amazon Japan is amazing. Thanks for the advice!

• Like Like x 3
  2. MSWF377

MSWF377 Well-Known Member

So mine broke on the first transformation. Shoulder cannon just fell right off. I think this figure looks amazing and I want to enjoy it so bad! My dilemma is when I return it, do I take the chance on a new one or do I return for the money and wait for a reissue? What's the time in between 1st run and 2nd run typically? I know Megatron's was pretty quick, wasn't it?

• Like Like x 5
  3. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Unless it's a recall or something, you're most likely see the repaint first, which could still happen by the end of the year.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Yeah, Megatron’s was later the same year but I think Sunstreaker’s first reissue is out later this spring, nearly 2 & 1/2 years after his release. Sorry you got a bad Hound, buddy. :( 

• Like Like x 5
  5. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Still waiting for mine... DPD running behind. Still 30 odd deliveries and already 1.5 hours late. Must've broken down or something during the day!

• Like Like x 3
  6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:

How is Anime-Export's customer service, and did they pay for return shipping? Mine is arriving from them this weekend, and I'm terrified of having to return it.

7. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally transformed him with the help of @EmGo316's review and as far as I can tell no stress marks. :) 

So if I could only use one word to describe the figure it would be: terrifying. If I were to use a few more words they would be...
    • The plastic feels soooo thin and brittle. At multiple points in the transformation I felt resistance so I stopped, undid what I was doing, re-evaluated what needed to go where and the tried again. Sometimes I would do this three or four times. There should be no need for that level of diligence but there is no way this figure would handle forcing panels together. And that's sad.
    • The legs are by far the worst part. So many thin panels. And I feel like I'll never be able to transform him back to vehicle mode without a spudger tool of some kind. The head rest and wheels in particular have very little room to get under them once their in robot mode to unfold them again.
    • the double hinges are a terrible idea. Especially the ankles IMO. They require a certain amount of pressure and there is nothing to put pressure against except that damn thin hollow plastic!
    • Clearances. There are certain areas like the wheels going into the calves which would have been immensely easier if Takara had simply given more clearance. Everything is just too snug. A tiny bit more space would have made things so much easier and it wouldn't have affected the scale of the figure at all IMO.
    • the front fenders. They are stupid as f***. They were the only real problem I had up top. I watched 4 different videos and no one had a better solution except to bend, pry and twist until they come loose. Are you serious Takara?? That's the best your "expert" engineers could come up with?
    • The floaty head thing makes zero sense to me. From a technical stand point it's a failure because it doesn't sit flat. From a esthetic stand point it's confusing because if they did it make him more toon accurate then tell me where in the toon Hound had a giant armature sticking out the back of his head and wrapping around to the shoulder missile. This feels like a case of cutting off the nose to spite the face
    Needless to say this figure will probably never been seen in vehicle mode again. :( 

hound.jpg

Final thoughts: We had 2 other Hounds come out before this one and I skipped them both because I was confident that waiting for Takara was the right choice. I was sure that Takara would always make the best one. Because Takara is always number one and everyone is second place IMO. Sadly, not anymore. You've lost my trust Takara. From now on you don't rank higher then anyone else for me.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  8. MSWF377

MSWF377 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I had a bad feeling about this one from the beginning. His legs were fine, his doors were fine. Once I started to pull out the cannon it just dropped to the floor. I think I may take my chances with a second one, and then if that one is bad I’ll wait for a new batch

• Like Like x 4
  9. stevej

stevej Snowflake

News Credits:
    I've enquired about getting a refund for the return shipping. Downside about communicating with someone in Japan is the fact that they don't see my reply until their next working day - but despite that they've been replying as and when they can so I can't fault them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So my Hound from AmiAmi showed up yesterday and I transformed him last night.

• No breaks, and as far as I can tell, no cracks or stressing anywhere
    • Transformation to 'bot mode was fine; not intuitive, but fine. I think the only scary part was getting the shoulders in place. For what it's worth, I only went off the instructions, rather than using video reviews. I'm not going to transform him back to jeep mode, but it wasn't as tedious as, say, MP-36 was. If it weren't for the breakage issues people are reporting, I could at least see attempting to transform him back to jeep mode.
    • I've been anticipating this guy but haven't been stalking this thread or early pics; heard about the breakage issues but hadn't gauged how widespread it appeared. Transformation is weird. I'm kinda impressed Takara was able to do things like keep the spare wheel, gas tank, and jeep gun attached and hidden, but it also feels overthought. I would've been just fine if those were partsformer bits and you just stored them in the jeep cover/shield thing. I didn't NEED them to stay attached in 'bot mode, especially if it would've allowed for a simpler leg transformation.
    • I know it would've meant sacrificing a clean jeep hood to put some slots in for tabbing in the head, but the head just sitting there otherwise feels lazy. I managed to not be put off by Tracks, but his floating head was always an odd choice and this feels odder still.
    • I could be transforming him wrong and missing something, but a lot of things relying on tightness and cramped spaces to take shape on this thing, rather in pegging or slotting in in a defined way, makes it feel unfinished in 'bot mode, despite things not flopping around or coming untransformed easily.
    I don't hate Hound by any means, but I don't care for the complexity on this guy in the way I can still appreciate it on Sunstreaker (or Megs, to a lesser extent). I feel like there's a middle line between the "simpler" MPs, especially carbots like MP-12, and the significantly complex like MP-44. I'm not averse to buying redecos of this guy (toy colors, Detritus), but I won't look forward to transforming him again in the same way I do another chance at Wheeljack, Ironhide, Shockwave, or Primal.

• Like Like x 3
  11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    transformed as carefull as possible watching emgo's vid not a single crack or stress mark or any paint blemish mine looks perfect PHEW!!!!! i actually cooldn't be any happier and hopefull it won't crack on it's own while on display

the only bit i found the tiniest bit stessfull was getting the fenders out they would not budge at first! and the parts i was scared of doing before i got the figure the head and missile launcher armature which was actually smooth moving and the feet where hassle free

also tiny bit of blu tack fixed the floaty head

• Like Like x 4
  12. maddogtheta

maddogtheta Well-Known Member

I got a crack on hounds back calf when I was investigating him for cracks... lame-o. I'm just going to be enjoying his bot form so as to avoid any other issues with him. Hopefully they can fix these issues when/if they do an re-issue

• Like Like x 1
  13. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Got mine this week. Transformed him once so far - didn't rush - took my time. The front fenders were scary. The two 45 degree, dark grey pieces that tab into the outside of the foot were scary. The hinged doors with the seats were scary. Clipping the shoulders into place took me 20 minutes just to work up the courage - and the 'snap' they made when they clipped in was scary. The ankle is scary all over. The sharpness of the hip skirts that can easily rub against the painted thighs is scary (I personally don't much care for paint on areas that rub - just colour the plastic for me).

I paid £120 for this figure and it terrifies me.

I had a broken wing mirror straight out of the box. Thankfully, and I've checked every hinge and panel with a bright light methodically, nothing else is broken, cracked, split, fractured, or otherwise.

This figure (as good as he "looks") for me, is on a par with Badcube's Swerve.

I am utterly scared to transform him back into alt mode.

For all the genius design work gone into this figure it is rendered entirely pointless if it's going to break after 1, 2 or 3 transformations.

The Nissans I feel I could transform 1000 times and they'd be the same as ever. The Grapple mold I feel I could transform 1000 times and it would be in the same condition on the last as it was the first. Wheeljack and Sunstreaker the same. I'm not concerned about paint chipping, stress marks, fractures, looseness, or anything else. I didn't buy Bee 2.0 and I didn't buy Prime 3.0 - over priced and over engineered were my reasons. Hound I wanted because he concluded that part of my collection. To think I can only transform him a handful of times and with great fear is utterly disappointing.

There should be a Takara QC test that states "a figure should be transformed continuously back and forth until something breaks - if it fails to reach a specified number a decision is then made about the design or the material."

I feel lucky that my version is as "okay" as it is and I also feel empathy to those of you who have any of the issues raised in this forum.

For £120 this should not be the way I feel about this product.

I won't be pre-ordering any Takara products in future.

Question is, would anyone be willing to swap this for FT Willis?

• Like Like x 4
  14. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Apparently Ratchet Now.

News Credits:
    I can say I've transformed Hound back and forth roughly 10 times and no cracks thus far... Seems like I am the lucky few though. I believe I could fix the cracks on the back of hound's head, although that's the only one I know I can fix due to it's accessibility.

• Like Like x 8
  15. 4249david

Ebay:
    You are UK based, yeah? Who'd you order from? Just wondering if I'm expecting one from the same batch or not... it's only 3hrs late!

16. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Man, I know I've been flippant in this thread but it's so sad to see so many people suffering breakages when clearly they could not possibly have been any more cautious.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Trunkkey

Trunkkey This Trukk turns into a Munky. Yesss...

Hey man! Glad to hear your hound is good! Just wanted to say that I too was initially freaked out by the fender, but on the 4th transformation I figured it out and it’s actually pretty simple! You just need to push the adjacent panel down ish. And yes, I transformed him Jsut to show you because I do not fear the Hound! :D 
    956167FA-C542-43A4-84A8-29F32257351C.jpeg
    these armpit panels

7BBCC8A5-ACB6-46C2-AD8B-D17EC7116738.jpeg
    push down a little. Should make clearance and kick the fenders out a little

45039DBF-A87D-4A62-ABBB-843367182087.jpeg
    Now the fenders are easy!

F839F546-3EF7-4580-8D16-54344AE70326.jpeg 7DABB235-F156-4C95-8662-5CA04A7DC365.jpeg
    Other side for completeness

• Like Like x 17
  18. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    yeah and tfs-express

19. 4249david

Ebay:
    Great! I used them too, so at any rate you'd expect us both to have figures that come from the same production run. They'll only have ordered a certain amount of stock, so with any luck mine turns out like yours...

Edit: currently 7 deliveries until me. Should only be 4hrs later than the end of my delivery slot!

• Like Like x 1
  20. 4249david

Ebay:
    Here we go...
    15784269120047625479936181874258.jpg

Basic look over it tonight. Not running the risk just in case...

Edit: J1719 on the box

• Like Like x 6