Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't even played with him once for fear of the break worsening and ruining all enjoyment (and the return not being accepted for not being worse condition than the pictures I sent in). So all this brilliant engineering being espoused I've not been able to experience. Instead just walking by the box sitting on the counter every day, waiting for this response.

I'd like to at least see what the joy's about heh.

2. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

Hound actually *IS*, in my opinion and even without having one, the BEST masterpiece of 2019.
    Unfortunately, all those issues have killed it.

Waiting for a reissue, fingers crossed Takara improve its production strategy, because, as it is now, it is not acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    thanks man I’m too lazy to sell old toys so I get some opportunities:D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. jres80

jres80 Well-Known Member

This is exactly where mine broke! That tiny fragile little hinge snapped with barely any pressure. It's also the panel that holds the entire backside together, so it ruins the vehicle mode. What a bummer.

$130 down the drain because I bought from Amazon JPN.

Same thing here. I've tried polystyrene, epoxy cement, and cyanoacrylate and none of them work. The thing is trashed.

Maybe a 3rd party will make a leg fix?

• Like Like x 1
  5. firmpulse

firmpulse milliradian practitioner

11. Celebrate your new found psychokinetic powers. (Hound broke because you looked at it.)

6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    delivery driver just pulled up fingers crossed its a good one

inspected all over so far so good in jeep mode but going to leave it until later to transform it as its freezing cold to the touch

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

No, I already occupied the 11th position on the list with:

8. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

Why would $130 be down the drain? Return it like I did.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Amazon will absolutely send you a new one, for no cost. They will also reimburse you for shipping to return the broken one. Or you can just get a full refund if you don't want an exchange. Talk to Customer Support, you can use USPS International Priority for around $70, which AJ will refund you for almost immediately.

Because you bought from AJ, the money is absolutely not "down the drain".

• Like Like x 9
  10. Gaiaknight

Gaiaknight Well-Known Member

shipped from amazon japan yesterday DHL says its scheduled to be delivered today thats a hell of a turn around, wonder ow much that costed amazon japan to overnight it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. jres80

jres80 Well-Known Member

I'll look into it. Amazon Japan is amazing. Thanks for the advice!

• Like Like x 3
  12. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

Ebay:
    So mine broke on the first transformation. Shoulder cannon just fell right off. I think this figure looks amazing and I want to enjoy it so bad! My dilemma is when I return it, do I take the chance on a new one or do I return for the money and wait for a reissue? What's the time in between 1st run and 2nd run typically? I know Megatron's was pretty quick, wasn't it?

• Like Like x 5
  13. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless it's a recall or something, you're most likely see the repaint first, which could still happen by the end of the year.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Yeah, Megatron’s was later the same year but I think Sunstreaker’s first reissue is out later this spring, nearly 2 & 1/2 years after his release. Sorry you got a bad Hound, buddy. :( 

• Like Like x 5
  15. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still waiting for mine... DPD running behind. Still 30 odd deliveries and already 1.5 hours late. Must've broken down or something during the day!

• Like Like x 3
  16. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:

How is Anime-Export's customer service, and did they pay for return shipping? Mine is arriving from them this weekend, and I'm terrified of having to return it.

17. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally transformed him with the help of @EmGo316's review and as far as I can tell no stress marks. :) 

So if I could only use one word to describe the figure it would be: terrifying. If I were to use a few more words they would be...
    • The plastic feels soooo thin and brittle. At multiple points in the transformation I felt resistance so I stopped, undid what I was doing, re-evaluated what needed to go where and the tried again. Sometimes I would do this three or four times. There should be no need for that level of diligence but there is no way this figure would handle forcing panels together. And that's sad.
    • The legs are by far the worst part. So many thin panels. And I feel like I'll never be able to transform him back to vehicle mode without a spudger tool of some kind. The head rest and wheels in particular have very little room to get under them once their in robot mode to unfold them again.
    • the double hinges are a terrible idea. Especially the ankles IMO. They require a certain amount of pressure and there is nothing to put pressure against except that damn thin hollow plastic!
    • Clearances. There are certain areas like the wheels going into the calves which would have been immensely easier if Takara had simply given more clearance. Everything is just too snug. A tiny bit more space would have made things so much easier and it wouldn't have affected the scale of the figure at all IMO.
    • the front fenders. They are stupid as f***. They were the only real problem I had up top. I watched 4 different videos and no one had a better solution except to bend, pry and twist until they come loose. Are you serious Takara?? That's the best your "expert" engineers could come up with?
    • The floaty head thing makes zero sense to me. From a technical stand point it's a failure because it doesn't sit flat. From a esthetic stand point it's confusing because if they did it make him more toon accurate then tell me where in the toon Hound had a giant armature sticking out the back of his head and wrapping around to the shoulder missile. This feels like a case of cutting off the nose to spite the face
    Needless to say this figure will probably never been seen in vehicle mode again. :( 

hound.jpg

Final thoughts: We had 2 other Hounds come out before this one and I skipped them both because I was confident that waiting for Takara was the right choice. I was sure that Takara would always make the best one. Because Takara is always number one and everyone is second place IMO. Sadly, not anymore. You've lost my trust Takara. From now on you don't rank higher then anyone else for me.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  18. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

Ebay:
    Thanks. I had a bad feeling about this one from the beginning. His legs were fine, his doors were fine. Once I started to pull out the cannon it just dropped to the floor. I think I may take my chances with a second one, and then if that one is bad I’ll wait for a new batch

• Like Like x 4
  19. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've enquired about getting a refund for the return shipping. Downside about communicating with someone in Japan is the fact that they don't see my reply until their next working day - but despite that they've been replying as and when they can so I can't fault them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So my Hound from AmiAmi showed up yesterday and I transformed him last night.

• No breaks, and as far as I can tell, no cracks or stressing anywhere
    • Transformation to 'bot mode was fine; not intuitive, but fine. I think the only scary part was getting the shoulders in place. For what it's worth, I only went off the instructions, rather than using video reviews. I'm not going to transform him back to jeep mode, but it wasn't as tedious as, say, MP-36 was. If it weren't for the breakage issues people are reporting, I could at least see attempting to transform him back to jeep mode.
    • I've been anticipating this guy but haven't been stalking this thread or early pics; heard about the breakage issues but hadn't gauged how widespread it appeared. Transformation is weird. I'm kinda impressed Takara was able to do things like keep the spare wheel, gas tank, and jeep gun attached and hidden, but it also feels overthought. I would've been just fine if those were partsformer bits and you just stored them in the jeep cover/shield thing. I didn't NEED them to stay attached in 'bot mode, especially if it would've allowed for a simpler leg transformation.
    • I know it would've meant sacrificing a clean jeep hood to put some slots in for tabbing in the head, but the head just sitting there otherwise feels lazy. I managed to not be put off by Tracks, but his floating head was always an odd choice and this feels odder still.
    • I could be transforming him wrong and missing something, but a lot of things relying on tightness and cramped spaces to take shape on this thing, rather in pegging or slotting in in a defined way, makes it feel unfinished in 'bot mode, despite things not flopping around or coming untransformed easily.
    I don't hate Hound by any means, but I don't care for the complexity on this guy in the way I can still appreciate it on Sunstreaker (or Megs, to a lesser extent). I feel like there's a middle line between the "simpler" MPs, especially carbots like MP-12, and the significantly complex like MP-44. I'm not averse to buying redecos of this guy (toy colors, Detritus), but I won't look forward to transforming him again in the same way I do another chance at Wheeljack, Ironhide, Shockwave, or Primal.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.