Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Faithfulfly

Faithfulfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Can anyone point me to the best Youtube reviewer to watch while transforming this guy? Really nervous about messing with this one. Other than a paint splotch on the hood I don't see any visible cracks yet.

2. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

always wotafa:

• Like Like x 10
  3. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe its me but like always i just used the instructions and they are not hard at all. no need to see a video on how to transform him

• Like Like x 4
  4. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

If anyone is enamored with their shiny new TT Hound to they point you want to part with their FansToys Willis, send me a PM please!

5. Rogerimus

Rogerimus Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    My excitement for MP-47 has been quite watered down after those issues with the plastic. I haven't received mine yet (ordered at Amiami, as I don't think Nippon Yasan will send my order after my paypal dispute for MP-45) but feel pretty nervous.

I love the design & all and it's a real shame to have what seems to be factory issues with the MP line

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    Always

• Like Like x 4
  7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AE has an exchange policy?

In all seriousness, the deal with AE is “you pay the lowest price, you get 0 after purchase service.”

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

This. Not MP but my 1st release vintage JP BigConvoy's left arm(shoulder to be exact cracked just by staring at it which was in a display case with minimum handling, granted after 10 years) and my re-issue 2002 Godginrai's feet (smaller cab) broke after transforming it. Again after like 10 years under same situation as the former I mentioned.

Same with my Yamato VF1S 1/60. Due to the misplaced pin issue. Again that was years later (thank god I had spare shoulder parts). Climate may be a factor but wtfrak was the ABS PVC stuff Takara is using now? That's like only 0 seconds out of the box crack?

I'm getting the anxious concern too for my Hound. Amiami just shipped it 3 days ago:( .

• Like Like x 1
  9. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Did you pay with Paypal? If so, sounds like it's time to transform it as one would normally, then when it breaks, let Kapow know. If they're still dicks, file a paypal claim.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris C137

Chris C137 Has a faux butt-flap. That partsforms.

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That's not great. I thought Kapow were better than that.
    Damnit Takara how many times do we have to tell you about that...

11. Trunkkey

Trunkkey This Trukk turns into a Munky. Yesss...

PSA: don't grab and lift the toy by the soft top in alt mode. My precious hound just suffered a 4 ft drop and holo spike is nowhere to be found. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Here you go buddy, courtesy of @Optimus Dime

• Like Like x 2
  13. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More importantly how's Hound??!! Based on the feedback here you're lucky if he's not in about 100 pieces!

• Like Like x 4
  14. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    did hound break?.......is the question Im sure everyone wants to know:D 

• Like Like x 3
  15. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Mate, I get the frustration. Mine has a hairline crack on the shoulder missile hinge too. I really hope I haven't dropped £100+ on a fucked figure and if I have I'll be pissed. But so much here falls into the categories I was describing.

We absolutely do have "anecdotal evidence", and I'm not sure anyone is "pretending that these breakages are a result of collector handling" (mine certainly wasn't). But I don't think we can realistically talk about "the law of averages" or "sample sizes and statistics" because we - as in, us collectively here - are a very small sample of the overall ownership. Even if we're a perfect vertical slice, we don't know how many folk have had problems and how many folk have not (the aggrieved are understandably more likely to speak up). Frustratingly we never have the data.

And we simply cannot conclude at this stage that "the green plastic isn’t strong enough to handle the balancing and counter-balancing forces of physics needed to transform this toy" - that's a wild presumption. As is that "GPS is a real thing because we’re not getting reports of any other colors having issues" because by the same logic you could say that "GPS is a real thing because we’re not getting reports of any other figures having issues" or "GPS is a real thing because we’re not getting reports of any non-jeeps having issues".

I should stress again that this is not me saying any of this is wrong - I'm just trying to counter the snowballing presumptions. Tho fuck knows why. Internet is internet, always.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Trunkkey

I just transformed it to and back from bot mode to look at all the suspect parts. Hound will live to fight another day!
    As for holo spike...
    Where art thou???

• Like Like x 2
  17. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:

So when purchasing MP47 you get either:

1. A brittle crispbread of a figure that will be broken in the box or shortly thereafter

Or

2. A bomb proof toy, that is the pinnacle of MP engineering, and which survives terminal velocity falls

I'm in for this coin toss of a purchase! I will now work on the basis that if TFS-Express don't send me one that I can throw at walls on a whim then I'll be sending it back

• Like Like x 3
  18. Jdk504

Jdk504 @REDWOLF130

For those that ordered from Amazon Japan and did an exchange and have received Hound, how long did it take for him to ship? My details have said, "shipping now" the past two days. I sent an inquiry to their CS department for clarification.

With Gratitude

• Like Like x 2
  19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

So what we've learned today is that if anyone else drops their Hound and it breaks, they must be dropping it wrong...

• Like Like x 12
  20. Trunkkey

But remember. The key is to throw the box at the wall BEFORE you cut the tape, otherwise it'll be considered user error.

Mmm. I learned that I live in a bubble and i'll forever be incapable of empathizing with others on this subject.
    lol. jk. I learned that I'm a very lucky guy.

• Like Like x 1