Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I hope they post photos of the alt modes side-by side. Individual shots don't give a clear indication of how much smaller MP-47 is, and I'd really like to see what TT accomplished in that area compared to the predecessors.

Also, is that really Gundog's stock windshield? I'm guessing there's a frame piece missing. If not, ouch.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arnt they closed? Site says from 28th till 5th

5. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Autobot Spike ;) 

F480B610-D8C7-4C91-A4C5-B38FCD4C003C.jpeg

• Like Like x 29
  6. moofiee

moofiee PENG-HA!~

News Credits:
    Compilations from Baidu’s forum.. :( 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  7. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

I’ll post all three together when Hound comes in.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Theres already been a good comparison with Willis. Not sure how Gundog stacks up...

• Like Like x 3
  9. tturbozx66

tturbozx66 Well-Known Member

I guess that settles the AMZ JP packaging vs. the TCP bubble wrap debate.

10. Xaxis

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks, I hadn't seen that post! Wow, that's a pretty impressive difference and 47's robot mode is actually a little taller. I absolutely love what TT accomplishes with their engineering!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    Eh. If wasn't for that 30% less on preorder :( 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    Curious to know how many models were defectives in these photos

• Like Like x 1
  13. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, looks good in jeep mode. Kinda scared to transform him as ignorance is bliss.

As I'd hoped the green is much better in hand than in most photos where he's almost looked a bright lime colour. The dull olive works a treat and will keep me going until a toy repaint comes along. If that never happens I can make do.

IMG_20191230_103649~3.jpg

Ps. Spike is still too small for the vehicle size... Unless a grown man really would be shorter than the top of a jeep windscreen.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  14. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Thanks @Cheem The Rup for the comparison pictures.

If there had been any doubt, then no longer: I'm happy I went with Maketoys Gundog. I don't care for cartoon accuracy, but prefer a mix of the different sources. And in case of Hound, the toy is far more iconic to me than the cartoon. And thus I wanted a Hound for my MP collection with the iconic toy feet, the dark green colour and the chrome parts, and MT Gundog is the only one with this. (I do think it looks a bit off compared to the others where body proportions are concerned, but those three elements are more important to me.) Plus the Maketoys figure is something neither FT nor TT is: fun to transform.

But if I wanted a cartoon Hound...I'd be hard pressed to make a choice between the FT and the MP. Both have things in their favour. TT wins in articulation and accuracy, but I think for me the FT looks slighly better. Nicer colours and somewhat nicer proprtions.

It's not. The frame piece is missing. Like the others, it has a clear windshield (present) with a green part framing it (missing).

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Temp1

Temp1 Well-Known Member

As the Spike with Hound (and consequently the Hound alt mode) is so much larger does that mean we’re on a new scale with MP’s?

Seems strange as we literally got two Spikes with MP44 and MP45 this year at a smaller scale ...I’m confused :confused: 

16. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

Mine is fine... except for the second sideboard hinge on the passenger side, the green piece with part of the seat on it. An awful cracking noise as soon as I gently began the transformation.

And really, it's the basic side panrl that breaks, not anything in his crazy feet? A piece which just needs to move out a smidge for transformation, then tuck into his back in a straightforward way?

There's a lot to like here, but it's somehow more annoying that my break happened on one of the simplest parts of his transformation. And for once, I actually started by using the instructions, since I was aware that those pieces could be fragile.

Also, having no mechanism to get the hands out other than to fumble with the recessed fingers until something begins to move is super amateur. I was expecting a trick, like a clever tab, or pushing in on his elbows in a particular way to get things moving. But no, a weird instance of "well, it works in CAD" from Takara, who are usually above that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Interesting that people taking comparison pics seem to exclude sunstreaker from the new toonticulate era.

18. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

Nah, I think it's just decided by the need to have a Spike ride both figures. The older, smaller scale spike barely fits into 45, while that spike would look ridiculous in this jeep. Tall Spike is still too small, but not in a way that immediately rings alarm bells.

I think that the smaller, more consistent scale will continue, but if there is another Hound in the future, where there needs to be human interaction and the current scale won't work, we'll get another out of scale human.

19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
  20. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

The MP line is scaled according to bot mode, not alt mode, and Hound fits perfectly. Alt mode, with the notable exception of Ultra Magnus, has always been whatever size was needed to make a robot with the correct height.

Anyway, my Hound arrived today, I made a quick inspection of car mode and there were no visible cracks, transformed into bot mode and nothing felt like breaking, although I do agree that some panels seem thin. Transforming the rear wheels was the scariest part and pulling out the fists was annoying, the nub is too small, I wish they made the forearms open instead. Once in bot mode, with all the panels tabbed correctly, the figure feels solid in hand and fun to handle. Compared to Sunstreaker is much more clean, although I suppose the different alt mode played a big part in achieving that.
    So far my experience with Hound is very positive, assuming he won't break next time I transform him. Compared to previous releases the price doesn't feel truly justified, though.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.