Masterpiece HOUND MP-47

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

He's looking fantastic. I know I'm super late to the thread and this has probably already been answered - any shots showing scale yet? Particularly in vehicle mode?

• Like Like x 2
  2. IwatchTV

IwatchTV Well-Known Member

Ah thanks for the info. Too late for mp44 as have paid him off with tfs-express. But will go to Amazon for hound

3. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Damn, any reservations I had about him with the earlier prototypes are gone! He looks pretty freaking fantastic. I'm glad they fixed his depressed looking face sculpt too.

Happy that I sold my FT Willis back when the sale price was getting a bit silly. o_O 

• Like Like x 5
  4. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Care for a piece of milk?

I love the figure... the price kills the deal for me. :( 

I get the steadily increasing MP prices... but I'm not sure I see the need to raise the prices so dramatically, when just a few years ago, this would be $60-70. Extra accessories for another $70-80??? :lol 

This isn't a criticism to those that are pre-ordering and love this figure; this is the lamentation of a fellow collector who is getting priced out of the hobby. It should matter to everyone! If less collectors can afford these products, what do you think will happen to the current prices? :D 

I remember a time when Sony listed the PS3 for $600. They knew about incoming shock from fans, but they devised a clever solution: Get another job to afford this!

But at least Sony works to lower prices over the lifespan of a gaming console; TakaraTomy do not.

• Like Like x 4
  5. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

Yeah... That's not good.

Neither is the price. My pre-order price (this AM) came to 14790Y (~$136.72!!) ! That....hurts. I won't drone on and on, but I'm a little numb, trying to comprehend paying that much for something similar to the carbots I've already got.

It's my last T-T Masterpiece, and I really hope I can keep my pre-order. Cancelled MP-44 order at the same time; Otherwise, I'd probably forget and be bankrupted by that one.

6. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Gamers grow faster than transformers collectors.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Every one of my students sees my collection daily. They see it grow every time I get a package in the mail. They often see me open a box on my break. Because I teach out of my apartment. Haha.

“Teacher sure is into Gundam.” They couldn’t care less lol

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  8. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    All we have is a picture of him next to Ironhide. If you have a version of that mold you could use the relative measurements to estimate the size of Hound's vehicle mode.

9. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Honestly, the vehicle mode scale was a definite deal breaker for FT Willis; WAY too big.  I hope that\'s not the case with this one.  The front of it already looks smaller judging from the pics at least.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aldetron

Aldetron Seeker

News Credits:
    Looks amazing. And pre-ordered.

I had him via amazon.jp but then saw the extra 10% tax that would be applied upon shipping.

This paired with yen to USD uncertainty made me jump over to NY and locked in cost to $136 shipped to California.

11. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    the 10% doesnt apply outside of Japan

• Like Like x 4
  12. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    No.. would be the price shown after setting your shipping address... plus the 1200 yen shipping. So 14790 total... and you get it in like 2 days.

13. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep as stated, custom fees are already included in the order so it literally goes straight to you unlike the other UK websites where it gets shipped to them and then has to be separated and repacked for every order

14. SaintsIconsNemesis

SaintsIconsNemesis Toys are Subjective

Instagram:
    if i get him i will give him my maketoys gun. that is a puny ass gun, the one time they should not have following g1 cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Immutable Opponent of Negativity

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    If they make a Hound+, I think they’ll just give him an additional toy style rifle rather than replace his handgun with it.

16. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    Pricing being offered by the diffrent vendors is interesting this time...

AE not being cheapest... amazon being significantly up (but of course still trumps everyone on shipping)... n-y being cheaper than AE..

I’m still struggling to swallow Amazon’s change on preorders.

17. Aldetron

Aldetron Seeker

News Credits:
    Well I got fooled by unclear warnings, thanks amazon.

Guess I will just have to wait a bit longer.

18. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

With online shops including Amazon I will go through the checkout process until the very end when it asks you to click the button to confirm the order. Then you will see the actual total including any shipping, import fees if you have them etc. I do that with several sites to confirm I have the best price before pulling the trigger. In Hounds case I could have saved around $12 by going with Nippon Yassan and slow shipping but I chose to pay a little more for Amazon’s lightning fast shipping and return policy.

Unfortunately with AE they refuse to tell you the shipping up front so it’s more difficult to see the total price. They bill you for shipping later, once they have the item in stock. You could use their shipping calculator or a previous order to estimate the shipping but it’s not as convenient.

Anyway if you live outside of Japan the price will drop as soon as you add the item to your cart because we don’t pay the 10% tax.

• Like Like x 2
  19. bigcee66

bigcee66 Well-Known Member

Well if it’s worth anything I’m 46 and have been collecting MPs since 2003 lol. Although all before MP-10 are boxed and put up. Only ones I do not have are Grapple, Inferno, Dirge( these will be bought eventually tho), Star Saber(no interest) , any Beast Wars characters (again no interest), and most repainted bots (+ Prowl, + Wheeljack being the only ones I own and soon +Streak).

• Like Like x 3
  20. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I always found it humorous that the G1 toy had this huge (but awesome) rifle that couldn't be pointed horizontally, but less upward.